PDA

View Full Version : Shock Dyno

Absit
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I posted on QCAAF with no luck, anyone know of a shop with a shock dyno, ideally in the Quad Cities area?

Scott
05-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Precision Performance in Oxford Ia has a shock dyno, dont be mis-lead by the circle track atmosphere and the fact the building is a actualy barn. Definetly not drag racers but they have been doing shocks for quite some time.

Phone number is 319 545-2212

Absit
05-31-2011, 12:13 AM
An hour away, not bad at all - I'll certainly remember that! I'd definitely rather have my shocks tuned by circle track guys than drag race guys! I'm going for a road race setup. Anyone else know of any more shops?

Scott
05-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Or just get ahold of the manufacturer and let them know how you'd like the valving changed and send em in

Absit
05-31-2011, 01:17 PM
If I was going with a higher end shock I'd do that and not need to worry about dyno matching them. What I need is a shock dyno for someone to take a set of Koni Yellows and match them to each other, and if then as close as possible to a plot I've got based on a dynamics calculator (forces @ 1 in/sec), it should be well within their adjustment range and not require revalving.

SHOULD..

Fire Hawk
05-31-2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.maizekustoms.com/

You can always send him an email and ask as I'm pretty sure he said he can do car shocks also. He's a big sled guy and I work with him. Really nice and worth while to ask if he could do a custom setup for what your looking for.