PDA

View Full Version : BMX triple back flip...

CiviC_boY
05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
As a Bmx rider and fan i had to post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2bbf5xDdoo&NR=1

sLoWnStEaDy
05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
pffft..... Did that for the first time when I was 6, on my Huffy MudSlinger

CiviC_boY
05-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Then it proly broke in half lol...

sLoWnStEaDy
05-29-2011, 12:31 PM
nope... Built HUFFY tough!

CiviC_boY
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL nice i went thought 3 Huffys and 2 Mongoose before i got to a nice bike..

sparkles
05-29-2011, 09:35 PM
That don't mean anything. My DK broke the welds on the neck and literally fell into 2 pieces with me on it.

civicex_1134
05-30-2011, 01:54 AM
yea well my wal-mart bike popped a tire, i fell, and i scraped my knee! it really hurt lol

sLoWnStEaDy
05-30-2011, 10:07 AM
well, I have never broke/bent a Wal-Mart bike! LOL I still have this big ass heavy polished/chrome Mongoose I got like 10+ years ago. Never had an issue with it!

DustinsDuster
05-30-2011, 02:07 PM
well, I have never broke/bent a Wal-Mart bike! LOL I still have this big ass heavy polished/chrome Mongoose I got like 10+ years ago. Never had an issue with it!

then you havent ridden it hard enough. bikes from legitimate manufacturers, especially rider-owned companies, are made with better materials and have better build quality than any mass-produced wal-mart bike could hope for, and i've still managed to break almost all the bikes i ever rode. i'm pretty sure i could destroy a walmart bike(at least parts anyway; pedals, cranks, bars, wheels, etc) pretty quick riding it hard. although anymore i dont ride near as much or as hard as i used to, but i'll tell you this much- i dont know how confident i would feel sliding down a handrail on a hi-tensile steel frame welded together by some guy in Taiwan making $3 a day.

by the way, awesome vid; shits getting crazy anymore...

sLoWnStEaDy
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
then you havent ridden it hard enough. bikes from legitimate manufacturers, especially rider-owned companies, are made with better materials and have better build quality than any mass-produced wal-mart bike could hope for, and i've still managed to break almost all the bikes i ever rode. i'm pretty sure i could destroy a walmart bike(at least parts anyway; pedals, cranks, bars, wheels, etc) pretty quick riding it hard. although anymore i dont ride near as much or as hard as i used to, but i'll tell you this much- i dont know how confident i would feel sliding down a handrail on a hi-tensile steel frame welded together by some guy in Taiwan making $3 a day.

by the way, awesome vid; shits getting crazy anymore...

Yeah, I don't ride too hard on the little bikes. I beat the shit out of my mountain bikes though and have yet to break anything other than rims and some plastic pedals.

CiviC_boY
05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
That don't mean anything. My DK broke the welds on the neck and literally fell into 2 pieces with me on it.

Ive never had good luck with DK or We the People bikes... I loved my KINK that bike went to hell and back lol...

sparkles
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I should have probably stated that it was more of a "prototype" frame and I beat the hell out of it. The NBL had a league type deal here in DM when I was younger and a couple of the vendors were wanting feedback on parts and things from the racers in return for discounts and contingincy money. I like it. Didn't love it. Built WAYY too heavy in places that didn't need it and not enough in places that did. Their 3 piece crank and pedal setups were probably the best thing I liked about them.

sLoWnStEaDy
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I prefer bikes with engines these days... ;)

CiviC_boY
05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
^^^^ mine got stolen abt 3 years ago and i havent bought a new one yet... lol ive been looking though

DustinsDuster
05-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Ive never had good luck with DK or We the People bikes... I loved my KINK that bike went to hell and back lol...

yeah, i have one of the original(first year) DK General Lee frames. broke all the way through the top wishbone on the rear triangle. later on i had a WeThePeople 4 seasons frame, and the double butted downtube split in the middle of the tube; not off a weld or anything. split right along the seam of the tube and they refused to warranty it. i also had a Kink Phantom Lord(Nate Hansen signiture frame). thing was big and beefy, but i still broke through the top wishbone on the rear triangle. only frame i wasnt able to break was my Standard STA(the only one with a lifetime warranty, go figure). i beat the piss out of that, and it just grinned and bared it. only reason i got another bike was the STA had a 20" top tube, and being 6'1, i wanted something 21"+. these days i have a Kink Defender frame. its still pretty beefy and heavy by todays standards, but its treated me just fine.

Drifte
06-01-2011, 10:05 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226689_677223247739_71802238_35102126_5718932_n.jp g

Cracked my Trek a couple weeks ago.