PDA

View Full Version : Who do you use for home and auto insurance?

AutoMods
05-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Who do you use for home and auto insurance? We use Allstate but we've been looking around and seems like we're paying too much.

We were going to switch to Ameriprise because they have the best price. But they seem to have a decent amount of bad reviews. Also once I told them my rx7 had modifications they refused to insure at all, they said I would have to insure that car somewhere else. I did not even specify what the mods were. And then she told me that we would have to sign papers on my suv and other car that they were not modified.

slo4cyl
05-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I have progressive for my auto and allied for my home I believe.

allgo
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I have progressive for my auto and allied for my home I believe.

If you stack them together you will get a better deal from the company.. I use Pekin out of alburnett, best company for paying for any damages by far, never ask questions just pay..

sLoWnStEaDy
05-09-2011, 02:26 PM
State Farm... They have been good to me for about 10 years now. Handled my 3-4 claims very well, I found that Progressive was cheaper, they matched it. Didn't have proof of some stuff that was stolen when I was robbed during the floods of '08 but they covered/replaced it anyways.

slo4cyl
05-09-2011, 02:26 PM
If you stack them together you will get a better deal from the company.. I use Pekin out of alburnett, best company for paying for any damages by far, never ask questions just pay..

Yea I'm not sure why they are not together, when I first bought my house but then they got split up. Ive had no problem with progressive, they didnt ask any questions and i got a nice check back when i got the car back.

warchild145
05-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I have State Farm. I've had them since I been insured at 14 so that helps save me some money and with multiple cars, a house, and good driving record I think its cheap. Plus they will pay out no problems on house or auto as I've been hit before in my truck and pay out no questions asked just get a quote by atleast 2 shops and then they will send a check and you can fix yourself. Same as house, had wind damage from the storm two years ago, they came out, wrote a check and didn't care who fixed it as long as it was repaired. I also seen no rise in my monthly costs either.

c_mart_28
05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
American Family for my home. Don't really have any loyalty there, just happened to be who we picked when we bought our house.

Progressive for auto. May not be the cheapest option but the few times I've needed their services they've always gone above and beyond. Even when it comes to covering aftermarket parts they've always been super fair.

I'd like to combine everything to Progressive but the wife wants a local "talk face to face with a person" type situation. I guess I just don't really care too much.

96-eclipse-gst
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Progressive - was the best price

c - mart ......I'm fairly certain I saw a progressive agent on Blairsferry rd.

slow ride
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Farm Bureau for everything.

Deimos
05-09-2011, 05:58 PM
neighbor insurance

biohazard
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
USAA for car and rent's insurance.

JustinS
05-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Progressive, damn good customer service.

stangvortech
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
westbend!

ZacFields
05-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Progressive has been the cheapest for me - and I check other companies at least a couple times per year.

I'm one of those guys who doesn't put a lot of stock in auto insurance. I paid State Farm about $160/month between ages 16-19 for full coverage on my Cavalier. That's roughly about $6,000 for just three years of coverage. The car itself wasn't even worth that much money. I dropped it to liability insurance between ages 19-21, which cost me about $80/month. That's another $3,000 for the same car. Nary a speeding ticket ever hit my insurance, and I never had a single claim. $9 grand for a car that was never worth more than about $4,000 the entire time I owned it.

Finally, I switched to Progressive at age 21 and started off paying $25/month for liability insurance. I'm down to about $15/month for liability now. $25/month for full coverage on my motorcycle. Progressive is a highly regarded company and I've never been able to find anything cheaper.

I just hate auto insurance altogether. I wish they'd change the laws to allow for a form of "self-insurance" to be legal. For example: if I can prove that I've got $25,000 in liquid assets and I'm willing to accept the risk, I ought to be able to get insurance with a $25,000 deductible and pay virtually nothing per month for full coverage insurance since I'm going to be footing the bill for almost any realistic crash I'll ever get in.

That's the thing about auto insurance. If you have a massive misfortune, it will be your savior. For the other 99% of us, we're pouring our money into a hole and we'll never see anything of value from it.

Xboosted23X
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
I have AAA. It was cheaper than progressive which I had for a bit. Plus any DSM/EVO owner should be a AAA member.

Drifte
05-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Proggressive. Full coverage one two cars is less than full coverage was on just my subaru which was on American Family. Never an accident and one speeding ticket and my rates never once went down, no matter what the vehicle was.

TbTalon94
05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Also progressive here for Car insurance. Can't remember for home insurance, just switched but i know progressive quoted me rediculously high for home owners insurance because they don't deal with it directly.

Ricky
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM
progressive with car. I had state farm but got hooked up and shared my find with drifte

Drifte
05-10-2011, 10:09 AM
^yep. American Family had been sticking it to me since I was 15. Said I had every discount they could offer, including married (which Im not).

Ricky
05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
^yep. American Family had been sticking it to me since I was 15. Said I had every discount they could offer, including married (which Im not).

Yeah state farm said they were giving the best rates they could. $940/6months for the car with $400 in deductions. Now im at $450/6 months for the car and truck together.

slow ride
05-10-2011, 11:20 AM
You guys need to check into this stuff more. It does help when you are a little older, but I pay under $700/6 months for our truck, both cars and my motorcycle. Vettes are cheap to insure for sports cars also as the old waxers keep the rates down:)

Drifte
05-10-2011, 11:42 AM
I turn 25 this year...maybe it will go down some more.

It's when AmFam told me my rates stayed the same from Turbo awd subaru to s10 and that my rates would stay the same once 25, then I decided to hunt. Ricky and I work through a broker. I dont own my house so rental insurance is cheap pretty much no matter who you go through. $100 a year or so. AmFam said minimum $100 month for a bike too. Ive never had an accident so I dont even know how customer service is for any of them. I just pay my bill and hope they take care of there end just as punctually.

Ricky
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
same. I have never had a claim but if i do someday they better take care of me! Turning 25 this summer..... holy cow.

brian964
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
There is no company that offers the best deal for every person. You have to get quotes from different companies online and see which companies can provide you with the best price: www.quotes-center.com (http://www.quotes-center.com)

TbTalon94
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
In the same boat ^

JustinS
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
There is no company that offers the best deal for every person. You have to get quotes from different companies online and see which companies can provide you with the best price: www.quotes-center.com (http://www.quotes-center.com)

Spam?

SaNdMaNsSi
05-10-2011, 12:59 PM

Try not making your first ever post spam. It kind of gives away that you're a troll.

Stutz
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Viking insurance, it was the cheapest place around when i had to be on sr22 several years ago and its gotten pretty cheap since then imo. I dont know the service is tho, never had an accident. $700 something every 6 months for full coverage on TA, liabilty for two GTPs

Batwood
05-11-2011, 11:32 AM
I go through an agency. (Stamey Agency, next to Dairy Queen on Johnson.)
They basically find me the cheapest company for car/home and let me know my options.
This way I don't have to deal with any of the companies direct. I just call the agent and he makes things happen.
I believe the cars are through Integrity and the house is Allied.

Grr
05-11-2011, 08:47 PM
usaa for everything