PDA

View Full Version : Props to Deimos

snickerlicker
05-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks to Jake for getting the stang aligned!! Extra careful, and no messed up rims!!

JacobS
05-06-2011, 04:50 PM
best alignments in town!

Deimos
05-06-2011, 05:33 PM
dude I tried my damnedest not to touch your paint, I was about to PM you to make sure you were happy. ps the power steering fix cost the guy a grand total of 52 bucks for the new hose and install.

snickerlicker
05-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Yep, I'm happy. That Caravan had a bad nose bleed that's for sure.

Deimos
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I was a little upset you didn't bring the girl in your avatar with you lol

Caleb
05-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I heard the whistle of the Stang as it drove away and I had to ask Jake, "Procharger"? And he replied, "Nope, Vortech".

LT1Dan
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I heard the whistle of the Stang as it drove away and I had to ask Jake, "JUNKCharger"? And he replied, "Nope, Vortech".

Fixed that for snickerlicker lol

snickerlicker
05-07-2011, 07:50 AM
^ nice!!

LT1Dan
05-07-2011, 11:44 AM
When are we going to see that beast out??

snickerlicker
05-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Drove it 40 some miles yesterday.Didn't door anyones ass though....

slow ride
05-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Is it a stick or auto? Any details on the engine, etc. Glad you can enjoy it again.

snickerlicker
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Still a 5 speed car, nothing to fancy. Just a stock block 5.0, aluminum heads. Was nice to actually drive it again!!

Deimos
05-07-2011, 09:23 PM
So today before I went home from work a PT cruiser came in for a rotate and alignment. The front tires were feathered and I noticed that the right front tire had movement. I look at it closer to find the reason it had movement was because someone replaced her tierods and the dumbfuck never even tightened up the jamnut (can cause very bad things) for the tierod. it was 3 inches away from the outer. I notice the bell crank ( http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/wheels-tires-suspension/28617-watts-link-bellcrank-replacement-3.html ) which is a cheaper version of a watts link, was bad,which means the rearend can travel back and forth.

On to the alignment cuz that puppy was jacked up. I put on the heads and the total toe was 3.07 degree out. Rear camber and toe needed adjusted with shims but the sad part is until thats what link is replaced the rearend isn't center so doing shims is out of the question and the right front camber is -.4 out and -.4 was spec. (70 dollars) Which requires a cambolt to adjust something that doesn't need to be adjusted. So I had the dumbfuck CSA come back and ask me how come I did a half assed alignment. I was like excuse me he told me I didn't do anything but adjust toe. I said yep toe was out a mile. Then he preceeded to ask me why i didn't come up and ask me why I didn't come and get him to sell a cambolt cuz it looks red on the sheet. Not to mention that i neglected to try to sell shims for the rear and the customer. Even though the only place is in town that carries one that i know of is IWI and they close at noon. The shims by the way are 40 a piece and 110 to put in.

it amazes me how people that don't know crap about cars sell stuff to other people and never understand what techs are saying. SO, if this lady wants her car aligned perfect past what the manufacturer recommends she will end up spending at least 400 dollars as opposed to 75. Which I explained that if she wants us to do the other stuff all she has to do is bring it back after we order the bell crank and cam bolt she doesn't need and then the alignment is in warranty and all they have to pay for is parts and labor to put in the parts.

Is it bad that I try to save the customer money and make her car safe to go down the road? Or was I just trying to rip off a lady out of her money? I aligned the vehicle exactly how it would be if it was my own car...

JustinS
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Typical sears for you, Jake.

Deimos
05-08-2011, 02:43 PM
so now the lady will probably end up paying 400-600 more even though her alignment would go straight down the road anyways.

DustinsDuster
05-08-2011, 07:57 PM
good karma Jake- im sure it'll come back to you sooner or later.