PDA

View Full Version : Points Info

Rogue86
05-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Alright guys and gals, we're almost ready to get this show kicked off for the 2011 season! Next weekend, May 14th is the first race at Cedar Falls.

I just wanted to get some information out on the points program for this year. The entry fee will be $20. We'll be keeping track of our own points and I will keep the standings updated on the Facebook page. All of the entry fees will go directly into the purse for the end of the year. The purse will vary a little depending on how my entries we have in the points. Right now we're looking at:

Winner: $350 cash, a $100 Trick-Tools.com gift certificate, and a Trophy.
Runner Up: $100 cash, and a $50 Trick-Tools.com gift certificate

If you know of any local business that would like to donate products, gift certificates, or cash to the purse, let me know! Every little bit helps. Keep in mind I've also got Iowa True Ten-Five t-shirts still available, and all profits go directly to the points fund!

Here's a few simple guidelines:

1. Any racer may join the points program. The cost is $20 due the at the race that the racer would like to begin keeping points. A racer can decide to join the points fund at any time during the season. No points can be earned from events before the entry fee was paid.

2. A racer earns points - 10 pts for entering and 10 pts for each round win. The winner of each race will earn 2 additional bonus points and the runner-up will earn 1 additional point.

3. Team racing is allowed. I.E. Multiple drivers can drive the same car throughout the season. Points stay with the car.

4. The lowest 2 points races will be dropped of the 10 race series for all points member competitors. The first two missed races will be counted as drops. If a racer joins on race #3 of the season, the first two races count as his or her drops.

Thank you for your support! See you next weekend at Cedar Falls! As always, give me a call if you have any questions. 641-891-7718

-Christian

StreetSweeper
05-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Awesome! We will see how blacky runs the next two weekends. If all is good, looks like i might be sending the car to the track with Either EddyB or Lorenzo behind the wheel when i cant go!

Rogue86
05-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Joe brought up a good point over on yellowbullet that I completely over-looked. Points do need to stay with the driver. But I will allow "team" driving. So if you have another driver in mind, we'll sign the two of you up as one driver/team on the points sheet. If the team of two drivers, brings two different cars to an event both cars can compete, however, they'll need to decide which one will earn points at that event BEFORE qualifying.

So I'll make the change official: Points will stay with the driver / predetermined team of drivers.

1. Any racer may join the points program. The cost is $20 due the at the race that the racer would like to begin keeping points. A racer can decide to join the points fund at any time during the season. No points can be earned from events before the entry fee was paid.

2. A racer earns points - 10 pts for entering and 10 pts for each round win. The winner of each race will earn 2 additional bonus points and the runner-up will earn 1 additional point.

3. Team racing is allowed - the team will need to be declared when signing up for points. If the team of drivers brings two or more different cars to an event both cars can compete, however, the team will need to decide which car will earn points at that event BEFORE qualifying.

4. The lowest 2 points races will be dropped of the 10 race series for all points member competitors. The first two missed races will be counted as drops. If a racer joins on race #3 of the season, the first two races count as his or her drops.

Sorry about the confusion.

-Christian

StreetSweeper
05-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Ok, guess we need to pick teams, Ill be captian for the north!! Eddy B racing has all north drivers on their team!! looks like you all are screwed lol !!