PDA

View Full Version : Ryan, no v8 bandwagon for me...just yet

96-eclipse-gst
05-01-2011, 07:43 PM
In another forum you commented about me buying a v8 after I sold my DSM. I say not quite yet, still have a DSM in the garage to play with. So what should I do with it. It's a completely stock 98 Mitsubishi GSX with an automatic transmission. I can't decide if I should just keep it stock and sunday drive it or build it up and let CR finally see a damn fast automatic DSM.

Dying to see you sell me some parts....

Attached a couple of pathetic camera phone pictures. Has the cleanest interior I have seen of any DSM. No rust what so ever.

Clinical
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
I know this is aimed at Ryan, but I'll just vote to keep it as a nice daily.

96-eclipse-gst
05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Well my fiancee and I both have nice daily drivers. An 07 Impala and an 07 Altima. That's what makes it such a hard decision. On the other hand, it's getting harder to find such a clean stock DSM.

Deimos
05-01-2011, 08:07 PM
I nominate buying something worth modding ooooohhhh snap

sparkles
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I vote to hit the plumbing section at Menards...:)

DustinsDuster
05-01-2011, 10:10 PM
really, eventually all of the clean, unmodded DSM's are gonna go away, just like the muscle cars of the 60's-70's and anything else. if you really think you'll be happy with it stock, leave it alone and save the money. my big thing is don't think of it as an investment. chances are, you'll sell it someday, and you probably won't make any money on it(at least that's how it goes with most cars). the way i see it, they're toys, and though the toys left in the package might be worth more, it's not near as fun to remember the car that you didnt touch and left alone than it is to build it yourself and drive the hell out of it.

oVa-Boost
05-01-2011, 11:37 PM
building it would be bad ass and i'v heard auto dsm's dont break as often but then again up to you if you wanna mod it up and spend the money. Im with dustinsduster on this as well

Drifte
05-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Throw the "clean" interior out, gut it. Build it, get it painted, and beat on it. And give the MR7's back to paul walker.

slo4cyl
05-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Throw the "clean" interior out, gut it. Build it, get it painted, and beat on it. And give the MR7's back to paul walker.

Haha I agree. Build it and build it right, then have fun.

AutoMods
05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
yea you should mod it up. put your company name on it for a little advertising. You would need to decide what level you want to go to before you start. if your going to keep it mild with stock motor or if your going to forge it, big turbo, etc. you have enough resources/connections where you could do it cheaper then most people.

TbTalon94
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Yea between, me, ryan and you we could build quite a fast 2g :)

JustinS
05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
One more vote for an ATS Automotive shop car. Think of the tax deductions ;)