PDA

View Full Version : Even ams has seen the light!!!

StreetSweeper
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
First Me, Then Jesse, then Trevor, and Now EVEN AMS has seen the light and gone domestic!!

haha, Just released they added a LSX dept to their establishment!

http://blog.amsperformance.com/2011/04/26/ams-performance-enters-the-lsx-market/

AutoMods
04-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Ed (Slow Ride) was the first dsm'er I know around here to go ls1 when he bought the vette. he sparked my interest and dreams of torque.

pretty sure i had mine before george, but i was pretty slow with my swap and just left it stock. not that it matters

oVa-Boost
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Did Larry from speedinc go to AMS?

slow ride
04-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes he did. Thats crazy as he was the guy to talk to at Speed Inc. AMS has grown bigger than I ever would have thought. To think Martin started AMS doing SVO ford cams and the business has just exploded. They have got so big that Marting doesn't even do the tuning anymore (Chris does I think or both) and they dropped dsm stuff all together.

StreetSweeper
04-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Lol

JustinS
04-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Good move on AMS's part, go where the money is!

OldSkoolRCR
04-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Thing is this Larry is a SUPER great guy, and did wonders for Speed Inc. But he was a shop mgr. and overseen all the employees,dyno appts. etc. Yes he will bring alot to the table for AMS, BUT!!! Speed Inc still has a great bunch of guys, and they still have SUPER TUNER Jim, whom we all know is a proven tuner. So untill Jim jumps ship, we will continue to use Speed Inc. Actually will see him this week. Will be neat to see what LSX cars come out of AMS in the near future.

OldSkoolRCR
04-26-2011, 05:31 PM
but i was pretty slow with my swap and just left it stock. not that it matters

Your still SLOW Ryan....GET A LANE!!! LOL...Just Kidding

Clinical
04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
I'll be seeing Jim soon, if I could ever get through to Speed Inc haha!

DustinsDuster
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
cant wait to see the crazy cars they start putting out.

Domestic Disturbance
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Did Larry from speedinc go to AMS?

wow thats weird

Xboosted23X
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Yes he did. Thats crazy as he was the guy to talk to at Speed Inc. AMS has grown bigger than I ever would have thought. To think Martin started AMS doing SVO ford cams and the business has just exploded. They have got so big that Marting doesn't even do the tuning anymore (Chris does I think or both) and they dropped dsm stuff all together.

Yeah I saw they took the DSM section off the webpage. They also have Mitch Mckee tuning for them. I would say they make a good chunk of change in the GTR market.

TbTalon94
04-27-2011, 06:17 AM
They were hinting of a new platform over Texas Tk11, we thought it was Lambo's since everyone else has jumped on that band-wagon. Glad they didn't decide to go that route and did the vette's instead. It's getting kind of annoying seeing the 3-4 shops making Lambo kits argue of who copied who and blah blah.

oVa-Boost
04-27-2011, 09:33 PM
its cool ams is now doing lsx stuff im sure there products will be great.. speedinc and ams will probably go at it tho

Domestic Disturbance
04-28-2011, 12:26 AM
They were hinting of a new platform over Texas Tk11, we thought it was Lambo's since everyone else has jumped on that band-wagon. Glad they didn't decide to go that route and did the vette's instead. It's getting kind of annoying seeing the 3-4 shops making Lambo kits argue of who copied who and blah blah.
Mount the turbo's on the roof. Then who are they gonna say they copied haha