PDA

View Full Version : New guy from far NE

jcmonteman
04-24-2011, 05:02 PM
hey guys, names David...i am currently residing in NE Iowa...for now...

i have a 2004 monte carlo ss N/A (i know, i wish it was a s/c too)
it is white with a black heated leather interior (only the front seats)
I have some done basic mods to it so far such as a dogbone bushing flip and a custom intake that i made myself, I will be doing a lot more modding, mostly aesthetic because what is the point in modding a 3800 series II engine? not much

Cars name is JC and its sort of slogan type thing is "Ghost on the Water" just kinda made that up...hope to meet lotz of new friends and do some chit

pixs
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/2004%20Monte%20Carlo%20SS/DSCF0936-4.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/2004%20Monte%20Carlo%20SS/DSCF0942.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/2004%20Monte%20Carlo%20SS/DSCF0940.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/2004%20Monte%20Carlo%20SS/DSCF0893.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/2004%20Monte%20Carlo%20SS/DSCF0936.jpg
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/Mod%20pictures/DSCF1013.jpg
after the debadge
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af137/mousedude20/Mod%20pictures/DSCF0956.jpg

Deimos
04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
welcome I remember talking to you on GPF

jcmonteman
04-24-2011, 05:10 PM
hey dude, GPF is a good place too...just wanted to maybe get a little closer to the people on this forum seeing as i live in iowa...but whats ur name on gpf?

AutoMods
04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
welcome . i'll just call the car GOTW

jcmonteman
04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
lmao...that is a sweet name thanks dude

Deimos
04-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Deimos is the name

jcmonteman
04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Deimos is the name

figured that... + i just looked you up in the members list over there...good deal

Deimos
04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't post much there anymore mainly kick in the chat box like yourself

Stutz
04-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice car, it needs a turbo kit.. I always loved the monte/impala interiors

jcmonteman
04-24-2011, 06:52 PM
nothing bad towards this forums intended...but a forums without a chatbox is verrrrry hard to get used to after you are on one for awhile that does have a very active chatbox...just sayin

@ stutz...dude, im not goin for performance with this car...rollin slow, and lookin awesome...
although right now it is so dirty i think its brown...but nvm that, im just gonna do some exterior detailing and be happy with it...performance stuff costs too much

JustinS
04-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Welcome

85XR7Project
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
All I can say is top swap. Welcome though, I too am from north eastern Iowa. I'm happy so see some cars other than just LSX cars and DSM's (not that I dislike them).

Domestic Disturbance
04-24-2011, 09:18 PM
^^ Is keith on his profile or something?;)

Welcome

sparkles
04-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Aight, first and foremost, not trying to run off new people or anything, but this really made me roll my eyes.

@ stutz...dude, im not goin for performance with this car...rollin slow, and lookin awesome...
although right now it is so dirty i think its brown...but nvm that, im just gonna do some exterior detailing and be happy with it...performance stuff costs too much
Let's just call it what it is. Your "cool" car is nothing more than just a regular DD. Look, there's idiots like me that make fun of themselves for owning a $300 beater to save gas while our "cool" cars sit in the garage, AND THEN there's people that finally scraped up enough money to buy something moderately sporty, but is still comparable to what my mom drives. Let's call it what it is. It's a stock 2 door sedan with some PVC plumbing fittings under the hood for fucks sake.

Performance stuff costs too much? YEAH.... That's part of the game dude. That's what forums are about. I don't know many forums for people to talk about their stock Camry's and wicked cool Kia Optimas. Tell me, what are you gonna do to "roll slow and look awesome" as you put it? Let me guess, throw some 5% tint and some blinging 24s on it? I'll just put it into the category of the last 6 I saw just like it while I drove through the hood the other day.

Don't take this the wrong way. It's a decent nice car, but please, PLEASE, leave the plumbing section at Menards alone when it comes to modding your car.

Lol, actually I just thought about this.

...unless you're like me earlier today and need some brass NPT plugs for your new intake manifold because Holly puts 30 extra holes in it.

JustinS
04-24-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't know many forums for people to talk about their stock Camry's and wicked cool Kia Optimas.

http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-magentis-optima-forum/
http://www.6thcamry.com/

LOL, but I do agree with everything you said.

LT1Dan
04-24-2011, 10:16 PM
^ DAMN IT. I was going to post a link to the Kia forums. LOL

c_mart_28
04-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the forums.

And to each their own! As of yet he has a car that's pretty much stock and just well taken care of. Who cares if what he has done wouldn't be something you'd do. At least his car runs Benny-boy!! :)

85XR7Project
04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
^^ Is keith on his profile or something?;)

Welcome

Lol, yeah I kinda saw that coming. I just like a little variety that's all. Maybe I'll have something worth a damn and I'll contribute at some point.

sparkles
04-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the forums.

And to each their own! As of yet he has a car that's pretty much stock and just well taken care of. Who cares if what he has done wouldn't be something you'd do. At least his car runs Benny-boy!! :)

When I get done with Jake, you're gonna be the Protochicken's next victim. Your blower isn't going to be the only thing whining from you.

sparkles
04-25-2011, 07:47 AM
but i don't recall sparkles ever posting a video of his car doing anything cool

QFT
This coming from a DB that has yet to tell anyone who he is or what he owns.

Listen, it wasn't meant to discourage you in any way shape or form. I just don't want to see another fucking Lumina on the road with a big old fart can hanging off the back and park bench screaming for someone to rip it off with a baseball bat. You've got a nice DD. Keep it that way.

Drifte
04-25-2011, 08:58 AM
It's clean, I'd put a decent system in it and just drive it.

Deimos
04-25-2011, 04:39 PM
When I get done with Jake, you're gonna be the Protochicken's next victim. Your blower isn't going to be the only thing whining from you.

Your protochicken can't touch my shit dude. I got calvert racing stickers and sporting a CSR badge get a lane Brey--- baby.

clutchmuch
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM
welcome. my moms car has a series II 3800

Batwood
04-30-2011, 07:01 PM
because what is the point in modding a 3800 series II engine? not much

Woah.... well, I guess you are right. I'm a slow learner.

Clean car... welcome to another W-body.

sparkles
04-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Your protochicken can't touch my shit dude. I got calvert racing stickers and sporting a CSR badge get a lane Brey--- baby.

I'm rocking the K&N sticker AND and SCCA club member sticker. I will walk all over your shit like Micheal Jackson video.

Deimos
04-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Your gonna need to big blue bottles to touch my shit. Tonight i added an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and a 10 pound nitrous bottle with two plate kits beoch.

96-eclipse-gst
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Aight, first and foremost, not trying to run off new people or anything, but this really made me roll my eyes.

Let's just call it what it is. Your "cool" car is nothing more than just a regular DD. Look, there's idiots like me that make fun of themselves for owning a $300 beater to save gas while our "cool" cars sit in the garage, AND THEN there's people that finally scraped up enough money to buy something moderately sporty, but is still comparable to what my mom drives. Let's call it what it is. It's a stock 2 door sedan with some PVC plumbing fittings under the hood for fucks sake.

Performance stuff costs too much? YEAH.... That's part of the game dude. That's what forums are about. I don't know many forums for people to talk about their stock Camry's and wicked cool Kia Optimas. Tell me, what are you gonna do to "roll slow and look awesome" as you put it? Let me guess, throw some 5% tint and some blinging 24s on it? I'll just put it into the category of the last 6 I saw just like it while I drove through the hood the other day.

Don't take this the wrong way. It's a decent nice car, but please, PLEASE, leave the plumbing section at Menards alone when it comes to modding your car.

Lol, actually I just thought about this.

...unless you're like me earlier today and need some brass NPT plugs for your new intake manifold because Holly puts 30 extra holes in it.

I have to completely disagree. Alot of people on here started modding cars with simple menards made intakes. You learn as you go. Trevor will speak up. He started with a 94 Talon N/T. We made, I don't know, how many different intakes, scoops, etc. Eventually he learned, stepped up, converted his n/t to a stock turbo motor. Got a different car, modded the shit out of that. He has since had how many different, respectable cars. I think it's wrong to bash someone for wanting or not wanting to modify their car, whatever it is.

Deimos
05-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I have to completely disagree. Alot of people on here started modding cars with simple menards made intakes. You learn as you go. Trevor will speak up. He started with a 94 Talon N/T. We made, I don't know, how many different intakes, scoops, etc. Eventually he learned, stepped up, converted his n/t to a stock turbo motor. Got a different car, modded the shit out of that. He has since had how many different, respectable cars. I think it's wrong to bash someone for wanting or not wanting to modify their car, whatever it is.

eventually you learn eclipses and talons aren't worth the time of day

Drifte
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
The 4g63 will always put down big power. As discussed often around here, when someone drops a built auto into one around here people will shit bricks.

slo4cyl
05-05-2011, 02:23 PM
The 4g63 will always put down big power. As discussed often around here, when someone drops a built auto into one around here people will shit bricks.

Working on that, slowly.