PDA

View Full Version : downs drifting

ills13
04-21-2011, 09:29 PM
hey guys... so i emailed hawkeye downs asking if they are planning on having some drifting. they said they gotta talk to local drift crew. so was just wondering if anyone knows much? also what would the saftey regulations be? need a cage, racing seat, harness, etc? any info would be great. i'd love to make it out!

clutchmuch
04-22-2011, 08:38 AM
to be honest when i opened this thread i was not thinking hawkeye downs. lol

ills13
04-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah I probably could've worded it different lol

Chase
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
hey guys... so i emailed hawkeye downs asking if they are planning on having some drifting. they said they gotta talk to local drift crew. so was just wondering if anyone knows much? also what would the saftey regulations be? need a cage, racing seat, harness, etc? any info would be great. i'd love to make it out!

I don't deal with setting it up. Usually OE or Dave are in communications with them, so I don't have any dates.

As far as safety goes, we basically follow the drift day regulations.

This is taken from ClubFR~ (omitting the MWC rules)

ClubFR reserves the right to remove any participant at anytime without refund.

Participants must maintain a respectful demeanor during the event.

The use of any narcotic, controlled substance, performance-enhancement drugs,
and/or recreational drugs, as defined by federal and/or state law, by any participant, is
expressly prohibited, even if prescribed by a licensed physician. Consumption of
alcoholic beverages shall not commence until all official functions of a specific series
or event have been completed.

Vehicles must pass a general safety inspection:

DOT approved helmet, closed toed shoes, and long pants are required for every person in the vehicle
Seat belts and seats must be securely and properly mounted
No loose items inside the vehicle
Firm brake pedal
Working brake lamp is required
Night/rainy events will require working parking and head lights
The windshield must not have any major defects and have a clear area for the driver to see through
Battery secured and all positive terminals covered
No leaking or excessive fluids
No loose engine or suspension parts
All lug nuts must be installed and engage a minimum of 4 threads of the wheel studs
Convertible cars must have roll over protection
All body parts (arms, hands, feet, etc) must remain inside the vehicle at all times.

That would be it for the most part.

Drifte
04-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Anyone have a drift project car they dont want?! I've always wanted to try this.

Chase
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Im selling my old supra for like $1300, if I ever get around to taking pictures of it. 5 speed swap, suspension and a little more power, it would be good to go ;).

sLoWnStEaDy
04-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyone have a drift project car they dont want?! I've always wanted to try this.

I'd sell you my RX7 roller fairly cheap. body is SOLID but kind of a mess due to body kit molding my buddy fucked up HORRIBLY. He just used kitty hair and bondo instead of matte so... seriously though, NO rust, 4.10 LSD, 5-speed stuff in tact (clutch pedal and master cylinder...)

All of the factory wiring under the hood is gone though except head lights and what not. Not that you'd want a rotary anyways...

ills13
04-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks chase. How do they feel about frame rust? My 240 is basically stock besides coilovers and camber plates. I have also toyed around with sellin it. $800 with stock suspension. $2000 with coilovers. They were approx $1500, so I'm taking a loss

Chase
04-22-2011, 04:41 PM
I have a little rust on mine. How bad are we talking though?

If your car breaks in half be prepared to clean it up and get yelled at by those who wait for you :o

clutchmuch
04-22-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a little rust on mine. How bad are we talking though?

If your car breaks in half be prepared to clean it up and get yelled at by those who wait for you :o

Not good! Duck tape fixes all haha.

ills13
04-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Lol well its not pretty. But maybe I'll get strut supports so then it for sure won't fall apart lol.