PDA

View Full Version : Chump car racing at Newton April 30th

slow ride
04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
I got a seat in a friends car for some wheel to wheel racing (24 hours worth) Should be a blast and will include both half oval and the infield road course. Stop out if any of you guys have some time over that weekend. I'l be racing with team "lowbrau racing"

AutoMods
04-19-2011, 11:32 PM
got a link? 24 hours worth?

slow ride
04-20-2011, 06:24 AM
chumpcar.com It's actual road racing with a budgit car with many other cars out on the track with you. It's held at road race tracks across the country. Just check the website. It's the best bang for the buck in seat time. It's just like the 24 hours lemons racing where you have a very low budgit car of $500 value(except for safety gear and brakes)

Ricky
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
sounds awesome!

Chicanery
04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the plug, Slow Ride!

Hey gang, I'm the Regional Director for ChumpCar World Series. Yes, we are putting on ANOTHER 24-hour race at Iowa Speedway, just over a week from now. For those of you not already familiar with our series - ChumpCar’s mission is to make road racing accessible at the grassroots level. Now in our second full year of operation, we have over 40 endurance races scheduled at tracks across the US, Canada and Mexico. Formats range from dual 7 hour enduros to full 24-hour races. Our participation will eclipse 3500 drivers this year, and our success was recently rewarded with an Editors Choice Award from Grassroots Motorsports Magazine! Major sponsors this year are OMP Sport, ATL Fuel Cells, and VRO.com - with more major names in the works!

Rules are relatively simple - bring a car with a $500 base value, with cage and safety equipment added, and race! What's a $500 car? Some of the entries from our last race at Texas World Speedway last weekend include: Protege, E30, RX-7, SHO, Miata 1.6L, Geo Metro (with a motorcycle engine swap), AMX, Volvo diesel, Mustang, Accord - anything that you can find that has a general market value of $500 - that is, cars you can find ads for in the $0 - $700 range. WE don't determine what a $500 car is, YOU do, by brining us the 10 lowest priced ads for cars like yours that you can find. So pick your favorite platform and start combing searchtempest.com and others for those lowball ads!

No costumes, no judges to bribe, no paddock games. Real endurance racing in low-buck cars.

Check us out online. (www.chumpcar.com)

We also have a "Test Drive" program called Exception Class (EC). Have an SCCA IT, Spec Miata, SSB/C or H-Prod car? Want to try us out before you build your own Chump Car? Run the race in our EC class. You're not in it for the podium, but you and your team will get a boatload of seat time and you'll be coming backnext time in your own $500 racer!

Questions? Drop me a note at joeyt@chumpcar.com. Or come out to watch next weekend and flag me down.

Hope to see you on the track!
Joey Todd
Chumpcar World Series

LT1Dan
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
That looks awesome!

LT1Dan
04-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Anybody want to go check this out saturday?

Stutz
04-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I must remember this for next year!

Domestic Disturbance
04-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Anybody want to go check this out saturday?

I'd be down. Sounds neat. 6.0l adventure? Or 1.6L adventure

LT1Dan
04-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd be down. Sounds neat. 6.0l adventure? Or 1.6L adventure

Wanna enter the 1.6 in the race?? lol

Domestic Disturbance
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Actually think I'm gonna try to do that grill out saturday

LT1Dan
04-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Actually think I'm gonna try to do that grill out saturday

Ok, I think 88BlackGT and I are going to Newton if anyone else is interested.

slow ride
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
We could maybe use another driver or two I'm told. You need a suit, gloves, shoes, socks, etc to race and pay a portion of the race, gas and a few other fees. It costs some, but the drive time is great.