PDA

View Full Version : Cruisin' For a Cure - Dubuque

SledgeWS6
03-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, my friend Jody (who has a LS1 Firebird Formula) is putting together an even in Dubuque for Relay for Life. All proceeds will go toward fighting cancer and I think its a great opportunity to get some of us together.

From Jody:

Car Show at the Dubuque Kennedy Mall behind Sears *There's PLENTY of room so the more the merrier! ALL proceeds goes towards RELAY FOR LIFE (Dubuque). $15 if you register before May 1st. $20 day of show. All makes and models (classics, muscle cars, rat rods, luxury rides, motorcycles, anything!) Medals will be awarded for each category *categories will be announced soon. Trophies for overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

There will be food vendors there as well, so nobody will starve ;) **we're hoping to get HyVee, Coldstone, and 7G Distributing with Monster Energy.

$5/person for admission (free if you register a vehicle).

Each registered car owner will receive a free door prize ticket. Door prize tickets can also be purchased for $1 each otherwise (general public a. We will have TONS of door prizes such as free oil changes, car washes, gift certificates, etc. It's too early to say what other door prizes we will have. (maybe t-shirts, jumper cables, gas cards, etc?).

There will also be music playing as well. We're hoping to get a radio station to do a live remote?!?! If not, we'll plug in an mp3 player and jam to that.

I'm working on getting some goodie bags put together. So far, Summit Racing has agreed to donate 100 goodie bags! AWESOME! I'm waiting to hear from Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Performance Bodies, etc.

I'm needing ideas for judges?

If anyone has any more ideas, feel free to throw them out there!

Again, I have set up a Relay For Life team in Dubuque and every penny will go towards cancer research! Come on out and lets find a cure with the money raised!

***** I'm working on getting a P.O. Box set up so the registration forms and payments can be sent there. I'll let you know more info ASAP!

-------------------------------

Is it possible for IAF to throw down a sponsorship? Maybe just the fact we coming and roll in at a big group/have our own area. I'm sure Jody could hook us up! Mark your calenders!

Here is the Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103620676389799

Thanks! :D