PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Window Repair

Caleb
03-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Last Friday someone smashed the driver side of my firebird out for no reason. Now I took it to ABRA with a new piece of glass out of another vehicle. He said I needed another plastic window stop and said that the once from my old window was broken, yet i had no issues with the windows rattling or going up and down or keeping in place. The worker refused to do the job unless we had this other window stop (plastic L shaped piece that gets riveted in on the window). He said without it, the glass would more than like rattle around and or fall and break. I've called around and no one has what I'm looking for, even the salvage yards. Can anyone confirm it requires 2 or does it just have 1 and the guy doesnt know what hes talking about? I've searched google and its no help. All I know is, if I had only one in it before with 0 window issues, whats the issue with re-putting it back in there with one?

Heres a reference picture: The very left plastic rivets got the "stop" im looking for, but this guy said hes putting in a new window, and I only see one on the door. so wtf?

http://71camaross.com/Images/Photos/6-21-05/Camaro_Remove_Window_400x300.jpg

warchild145
03-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Any chance of a bigger picture? Its been almost 5 years since I did the windows in a 3rd gen so maybe with a better picture something may trigger the brain? Otherwise I'm not sure off hand.

Caleb
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I actually got it figured out, come to find out there was no 2nd plastic stopper for the window and the guy was full of shit and cost ABRA any possible future business from me. I took it to Safelight Auto Glass and they took care of it for $69 and some change. All they did was just install the window with the new plastic rivets and just did the single stopper how it already was, and it went in just fine no problems. Ugh, talk about a day off buzz kill. I hate stupid people.

sparkles
03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
The 4th gens I'm pretty sure are the ones with 2. That's how the dealer here in DSM sold them. I got one left over.