c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/Car%20Stuff/mysterypart1.jpg

Can't wait to get it installed.

Pretty sweet, huh!

85XR7Project
03-25-2011, 12:02 PM
What is it?

Come on, you knew someone would have to ask!

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Ha yep that was my point :)

Someone will guess it..

85XR7Project
03-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Well its fuel related. If I recall you were running E85, are you doing a major overhaul of the whole Fuel deal?

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes. Well, sorta.

I have already been running E85 for a little over a year on my car.

This is just to make it more better. Especially this time of year..

Scott
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Is it a fuel sensor to determine the amount of ethanol in the fuel maybe??

stangvortech
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
yea it is the fuel sensor, so he can fill up with gas and e85 or both.

Drifte
03-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Seimens makes it.. not a heater is it? More importantly, it appears to be sitting on a receiver.

Scott
03-25-2011, 01:04 PM
Factory computer in these cars can automatically retune for that stuff???

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 01:08 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/Car%20Stuff/ECU2.jpg

Thats the next new part...got some work to do.

Not really going to be much faster I don't think. Just infinitely better.

Scott
03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
fucking awesome! Doesnt look like a straight plug and play deal, is it?

Who makes it?

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Its a ProEFI pro128 standalone.

Should be pretty much full plug and play once I get the correct harness made for my car. Going to be awesome. Full control of every stock dash light, actual functional traction control, 4 stages of nitrous control, tune adjustment on the fly based upon ethanol content, almost infinite amount of fail-safe's that could potentially save me a motor, etc, etc... Honestly, it will provide more than I'll likely ever even use. Hoping to make the most of it though.

www.proefi.com has all the details. Got it through Chris at www.mooretuning.com. I honestly cannot wait until I can get it all put together..

TbTalon94
03-25-2011, 02:09 PM
pro-efi is the shit. They've really been putting it to all communities and a lot of guys are switching to it from other "stand-alones".

Drifte
03-25-2011, 02:13 PM
pro-efi is the shit. They've really been putting it to all communities and a lot of guys are switching to it from other "stand-alones".
What you mean AEM V.2 didnt work for you?

Scott
03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Its a ProEFI pro128 standalone.

Should be pretty much full plug and play once I get the correct harness made for my car. Going to be awesome. Full control of every stock dash light, actual functional traction control, 4 stages of nitrous control, tune adjustment on the fly based upon ethanol content, almost infinite amount of fail-safe's that could potentially save me a motor, etc, etc... Honestly, it will provide more than I'll likely ever even use. Hoping to make the most of it though.

www.proefi.com has all the details. Got it through Chris at www.mooretuning.com. I honestly cannot wait until I can get it all put together..

Sounds like alot of time behind behind a computer!! Would be fun to play around with though, does that also detect methanol???

doesnt look like the fuel line size is very big going through that sensor, is it plumbed in series through the fuel line or does it just pull a "sample" of the fuel from somewhere seperate from the main fuel line??

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 03:01 PM
It goes in the return line. Currently i'm running -8 but this will step it down to what I think is a -6. I don't anticipate it causing any problems.

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Fuel

Ignition timing

I-Boost Control (5 stages of boost curves that can be selected to be targeted against Vehicle Speed, Time, or Flex Fuel input)

Flex Fuel (ability to run any mixture of E85 with the ECU making on the fly adjustments to boost, spark, and fueling based on Ethanol content).

Antilag Boost control - 5 different target boost levels

TwoStep Launch Control - 5 different target RPM's

Hi/Low Octane switch - Allows the user to easily change the calibration to run pump gas and race gas settings

Nitrous Control - up to 4 stages

Control multiple fuel pumps in stages for easier fuel pressure control at lower flow demand

Automatic Transmission control with converter slip calculations to help with converter selection and seemless converter lock up engagement.**

Manual transmission Gear position indicators and clutch slip calculations**

2 channel Knock control with knock windows and true knock frequency filtering**(considering finding a place to mount a couple knock sensors, 03/04 Cobra blocks went without from the factory..)

Fuel Pressure Feedback and fault control to monitor proper fuel delivery to prevent engine damage due to fuel system failure

Oil Pressure monitoring to alert when low oil pressure conditions occur

Radiator Pressure monitoring to warn for excessive coolant pressure in case of a weak head to cylinder block seal, or cracked cylinder.

Traction Control**

Closed Loop O2 Feedback with Internal Wideband O2 sensors**

Multiple Fault Management strategies to save the engine and alert the driver incase of sensor failure or tuning errors

CAN Display connectivity - 52mm Can Gauge, and 4.5 x 4.5" CAN display.

Meth injection - ability to control methanol injection and tune appropriately for it(don't plan on using that.)

AutoMods
03-25-2011, 09:42 PM
casey your supercharger doesn't need any help with boost off the line does it? i'm not really that familiar with superchargers but can you just build boost at a stand still at high rpm's with no engine load like this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk1hM_zZmEE

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 10:17 PM
No its pretty much instant 25psi as soon as you go wot. Launch control for me would pretty much only be for idiot (me) proofing and to add maybe a little consistancy.

Going turbo down the road is not out of the question, however.

While I don't expect for this setup to give me any additional peak power, i'm anxious to see what it does for my powerband.

gatesauto
07-25-2011, 06:35 AM
hmmm thats good now install it!