PDA

View Full Version : Prelude VS. Civic Si

Scorpion0308
03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
My car crapped out on me, now I'm in the market for a newer used car and Ive pretty much narrowed it down to a Prelude or a Civic Si Sedan or Coupe. I just wanted some opinions and experiences with either. The year just depends on what I find out there. I'd like to stay close to or under 100k miles. Ive found a couple Preludes, 93 and a 95, both with H22a1 motors. Ive also found a couple newer Civic Si's, between 99-2001. Ive also considered a 2004 Civic EX. So I can imagine most of the pro's and con's like stiffer/smoother ride, MPG differences, spaciousness..ect. I just wanna hear some others thoughts :) Thanks

And also, if you know of any for sale I'd be glad to check them out :)

SaNdMaNsSi
03-22-2011, 08:51 AM
I have one that I've had in storage ever since my gf passed away....You won't find a better deal on earth. I would love to see this thing out of my garage. It's an 00 SI with around 9,000 miles on it....If you're interested, PM me. Sperry's did the engine work, and it doesn't even have a mile on it since the work was done.

Drifte
03-22-2011, 10:07 AM
^ I kinda hate to see it leave your garage. That thing is worth A LOT considering the mods and miles.

AutoMods
03-22-2011, 10:42 AM
if your not going to use it, sell it. unless you want to keep it for sentimental value. put the money in a mutual fund and it will be worth way more then the car will ever be when you retire.

Scorpion0308
03-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I have one that I've had in storage ever since my gf passed away....You won't find a better deal on earth. I would love to see this thing out of my garage. It's an 00 SI with around 9,000 miles on it....If you're interested, PM me. Sperry's did the engine work, and it doesn't even have a mile on it since the work was done.

I tried Pming you but says your inbox is full. A 2000 Civic Si with 9k miles? Is it hatchback, coupe or sedan? What are you looking to get for it? I'd love to get something in town, so far the cars I may want to get are 2-4 hours away lol.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-22-2011, 06:38 PM
^ I kinda hate to see it leave your garage. That thing is worth A LOT considering the mods and miles.

I know, but it just sickens me every year when I check into blue book values. Thanks for the support, but I don't see myself ever driving it again. Too many memories I guess. Maybe once it's gone I'll start a new build, probably on a 350z platform. My massive loss will definitely be someone's gain. I'd be surprised if I can recover 1/4 of what I have into the car.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
I tried Pming you but says your inbox is full. A 2000 Civic Si with 9k miles? Is it hatchback, coupe or sedan? What are you looking to get for it? I'd love to get something in town, so far the cars I may want to get are 2-4 hours away lol.

I'll clear my box. Sorry about that. The 2000 was only a coupe. When you read this, the box will have plenty of room!

Scorpion0308
03-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Im still getting this error "The following errors occurred with your submission

* SaNdMaNsSi has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Ya, I figured out later that they only made Si's in coupe those years lol

SaNdMaNsSi
03-22-2011, 07:48 PM
I just deleted my entire box. Try again....

Scorpion0308
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
It appears to have been sent :)