PDA

View Full Version : Death notice

69gt4speed
03-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Everyone,
hi this is anita. I have very bad news and it's hard for me to even do this right now but you all are our friends and i know rob would want me to tell you this.
Last night rob suffered what we believe to have been a heart attack. When i found him , he was already gone. I wanted you all to know.

85XR7Project
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Holy shit, that is horrible! I am so sorry to hear this, never met him but he was always a cool guy. If you need anything let us know.

Deimos
03-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Holy cow I was gonna help him redo his suspension. If you need anything let me know.

sLoWnStEaDy
03-20-2011, 07:55 AM
I am very sorry to hear that! I only met him a coupe times but he seemed like a great man! Let us know if there is anything we can do!

Best wishes to you and yours through this hard time.

Ashley
03-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Anita, I'm so sorry to hear about Rob. He was such a nice guy. If you need anything, please let us know. My thoughts are with you & your family.

snickerlicker
03-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Sad news indeed.

c_mart_28
03-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Wow. Don't even know what to say.

We've lost a genuine "car guy."

Anita, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Rob will be missed.

ZacFields
03-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Anita - my condolences to you for your loss. This is shocking news to me and I know it must be very hard for you. As Ashley said, if there's anything we can do for you, let us know.

slow ride
03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow I'm very sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to think what this place would have been like without Rob. This race coming up in the spring should be dedicated to Rob I think as he kind of started it with the manual runoff and to give him a proper send off. My condolences to friends and family.

TbTalon94
03-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Defiantly dedicated to him. Rob was a great guy and always talked to anyone out there. He will be deeply missed. As everyone else said Anita just let us know if we can do anything for you!

black88gt
03-20-2011, 09:21 AM
My condolences go out to you Anita and the rest of your family. Very sorry for your loss, Rob will definitely be missed.

OldSkoolRCR
03-20-2011, 09:23 AM
He will truely be missed, Anita if you need anything call, George or I. This site and the streets not going to be the same without Rob!!!

Also I agree with SlowRide and Trevor, this upcomming race should be dedicated to Rob, so everyone one needs to get there shit done and show up in his honor! We all know he would have been the first one there that day. Ed

LT1Dan
03-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Very sorry for your loss. Only met Rob a couple times but he was always a blast to talk with. He will be missed.

Batwood
03-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Wow... that really sucks.
Rob was one of the coolest older guys I knew.
He will be missed.

StreetSweeper
03-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Well I really don't no what to say.. The whole car community lost a great part of it today. And for a few of us we lost a close friend. This fuckin sucks...

Anita, i know i told you already on the phone but don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

allgo
03-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I m sorry for your loss...rob was a great guy..

Domestic Disturbance
03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow I can't believe this. I called last night to run the '11...

There's definitely no replacement for Rob. He was racing all the way to the end though. Sorry to hear the news though. RIP Rob.

Ricky
03-20-2011, 10:20 AM
met rob quite a few times and he was always a nice guy and just loved cars and the people who came out. He will be missed by a lot of people.

RIP Rob.

Fire Hawk
03-20-2011, 10:25 AM
I've only met him a couple times while on 1st ave and we were having fun. He was always nice to talk to. This forum will never be the same without him around here! If there's anything that you need please let us know!

stangvortech
03-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Don't even know what to say. Anita, my condolences to you and your family. Rob will be missed. The Race will be for him! RIP Rob! He was a great guy!

K-ville
03-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I only knew him through reading but he seemed like a hell of a straight up guy! He will be missed here very much!

Ricky
03-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Drifte had his internet knocked out because of the storm. He wants me to say his condolences goes out to Robs family and he will be missed by all.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow I am so sorry to hear this anita, if there's anything I can do let me know...I just got his 03 hood to fix/paint too :( shits not going to be the same anymore...rob was such a great guy

DustinsDuster
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
completely awful news. he was a great man and things will never be the same without him. i'm really gonna miss the guy. Anita, make sure you let us know if theres anything we can do; take care.

SledgeWS6
03-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh my gosh. I was just getting to know him too. Let me know ANYTHING I can do. Rob was a great guy, the racing community lost a GREAT member, he will be missed. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

JustinS
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Oh wow, if there is anything you need Anita do not hesitate to ask. He was a great man and will truly be missed.

May you rest in peace Rob. :(

Drifte
03-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Horrible news. It won't be the same without to say the least. looks like we have a new focus for robs race this summer.

Luminatorz34
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Im so sorry for the very sudden loss of Rob. I met him once about 4-5 years ago, and he was a very cool uy to talk to. Im very sorry this happened. RIP Rob

CiviC_boY
03-20-2011, 11:45 AM
He was a blast to talk to and was a GREAT guy to be around he will be missed... sorry for your loss...

biohazard
03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Wow that's sad news. I never knew the guy but he had a really great reputation.

Clinical
03-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Oh wow, my condolences go out to you and everyone else!!

I never met Rob in person but I've chatted in PM's with him here and there, and he's always been a great awesome guy and very supportive!!!

Always seemed to have tons of energy and was one of the friendliest people here!

He certainly didn't live a boring life, he never let his age get in his way it seemed!
Definitely need some dedication in the runoff for Rob!

I know everyone always says this, but I will say it anyway - if theres absolutely ANYTHING i can do as well, let me know!

RIP Rob!!!

Stutz
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
A huge loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family

sparkles
03-20-2011, 02:52 PM
This is just awful news. I can't believe the guy was on here just last night and now he's gone. Never had the chance to meet him, but I was damn sure looking forward to doing just that at the upcoming Shootout later this year. General BSing and good ol clean car fun rivalry. He definitely always said what was on his mind, although took a while to learn to speak Rob, lol. You never know when you time is up, and Rob sounded like a genuine guy that took advantage of that fact and life to the fullest right up till the end. Not just condolences on your loss, but a loss to everyone in the car community. Definitely gonna be an empty spot.

Krumm
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM
RIP Rob, your going to be missed around here.

XR4LIFE
03-20-2011, 06:24 PM
RIP Rob, you will be missed by many people. We will miss seeing you out at the track.

AutoMods
03-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Rob will be greatly missed. Us car guys and this forum have lost a good one. It will never be quite the same. He was such an active member with a unique personality, I loved reading his posts.

Seems surreal to suddenly have him taken away. I still had unread threads from him when I logged in today, his threads from just yesterday just being his normal self. I had been just talking to him about setting up the Street Car shootout. He had plans to bring both cars and help organize it and was looking into getting trophies made again. Let this be a reminder to not take life for granted and live each day to its fullest.

Our deepest condolences to the family.

69gt4speed
03-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I know that Rob if he were here would tell ya'll to run them hard and fast but to be safe it your fun, to get everything out of life that life has to offer and then some . Rob loved coming on these car sites to share a video or shot the sh*t with everyone. I know he was very proud of being a moderator and tried to get me to come back to the sites to stir the pot alittle, but I told him No, that this was his thing that he loved to do and I was not going to intrude upon that.

I am sending an invite to all of Rob's car site / racing members and buddied, to his memorial service this Sat. March 26,2011 at 2:00 pm at " Steward / Baxter Funeral Home on 1st Ave NE.

StreetSweeper
03-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Anita,

Our Family, and im sure the racing/enthusiest scene that knew him will be at the service. It has bothered me to think about it all day beings me dad and Rob were really close. It's going to be tuff hanging out late doing the car thing with out him, and even tuffer not having him around as a O'll Buddy anymore. Like i said on the phone, I will be honored to take Rob on his last ride, maybe ill even drag the bumper and take him into the 8's!!

R.I.P. to my good O'll budy you will never be forgoton!

EddyB & Son Racing

DustinsDuster
03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I know that Rob if he were here would tell ya'll to run them hard and fast but to be safe it your fun, to get everything out of life that life has to offer and then some . Rob loved coming on these car sites to share a video or shot the sh*t with everyone. I know he was very proud of being a moderator and tried to get me to come back to the sites to stir the pot alittle, but I told him No, that this was his thing that he loved to do and I was not going to intrude upon that.

I am sending an invite to all of Rob's car site / racing members and buddied, to his memorial service this Sat. March 26,2011 at 2:00 pm at " Steward / Baxter Funeral Home on 1st Ave NE.

will there be a wake the day before or anything?

Scott
03-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Nothing can be said to put my feelings to words, I felt close to Rob and this hurts.. ALOT my condolences Anita

boxmakingman
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
deepest condolences

Clinical
03-20-2011, 09:22 PM
If I could get off work I'll try to make it up..

I was wondering, when Wendy Pate passed away, some people on tuners made some memorial stickers for people's cars. Maybe we could do something like that for Rob?

Here's what I had on the talon for Wendy
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/C1inical/IMG_0529.jpg

AutoMods
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Mamamia;161112]If I could get off work I'll try to make it up..

I was wondering, when Wendy Pate passed away, some people on tuners made some memorial stickers for people's cars. Maybe we could do something like that for Rob?

thats a good idea, make stickers and we could put them on the cars for the shootout

JustinS
03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Mamamia;161112]If I could get off work I'll try to make it up..

thats a good idea, make stickers and we could put them on the cars for the shootout

JacobS is trying to get this done for us.

clutchmuch
03-20-2011, 10:28 PM
very sorry to hear this, my condolences for your loss of a great guy and husband. only met him once but he was very upbeat and seemed ready for anything.

ill be attending the funeral, and would love to buy a sticker too

K-ville
03-20-2011, 11:05 PM
ill take a sticker for everything i own please.

SledgeWS6
03-20-2011, 11:32 PM
I also plan on making it to the visitation and I'd be honored to take a sticker as well. While I didn't know him as much as some people on here, we talked quite a bit in the last few months and met a few times this summer.

StreetSweeper
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Me and dad had talked about this also. somthing with his birth date and pass date and a siloute of hish car and somthing along them lines would be sweat i know we have a connection with gradys graphix.

EZ MONEY
03-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow Im really sorry to hear that. I had a chance to talk to Rob a few times years ago, he was a great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. RIP Rob

z28z34man
03-21-2011, 07:39 AM
I have never meet rob and yet I feel ad if i had loss a close friend. He will live on in our thoughts and memories.

and if the sticker thing happens i would like to purchase one and it would be awesome if the proceeds went to robs family

god bless and may he rest in peace

Drifte
03-21-2011, 08:04 AM
I could utilize this, add some text and hopefully someone has a vinyl plotter.
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2008/sillhouete24en.jpg

I'll design some flyers, and make a logo for the event with its new title.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I have a plotter and everything, if colton can get a vector graphic whipped up ill make them, I have several colors of vinyl as well..

Drifte
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
^ awesome. I will get it done as soon as possible.

Ricky
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
i will take a sticker also

FiFdYnUtZ
03-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Ryan, do you want to make a sticky for the stickers so everyone can place an order? It will make it much easier for me to gauge how many to make so I don't over/under do them...they take a bit of time to produce and I don't wanna have to sit on 50 stickers we don't need..I can post color availabitilty as well

Scott
03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I'll take 10 please

CiviC_boY
03-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Ill take 5 lol

AutoMods
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
i made a dedicated sticker order thread in the clubhouse so fifdy can keep track of all the orders. please place orders there.

fox87
03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I met Rob several times and he was a great guy with a great Mustang, R.I.P. Rob! My condolences to Anita and the family.

JacobS
03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
for some reason, i think the 2011 vs 03 race was his last hoorah. i was honored to be a part of that, and i was honored to have known him. he had a way with people that would make them smile, and was always ready to race and help people out.

Ricky
03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
for some reason, i think the 2011 vs 03 race was his last hoorah. i was honored to be a part of that, and i was honored to have known him. he had a way with people that would make them smile, and was always ready to race and help people out.

I think we should have that race again in his memory. Ed or George or some one very close to him could line up and run them both.

Or atleast have someone drive his 03 and 11 to the memorial.

c_mart_28
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
If both cars are still around for the shootout it'd be cool for them to make an honorary pass. Neither at full tilt, more just a victory lap.

Batwood
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
If both cars are still around for the shootout it'd be cool for them to make an honorary pass. Neither at full tilt, more just a victory lap.

That would be pretty cool. No full throttle for sure though! The Cobra gets pretty sketchy.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I disagree, pretty sure rob would want those fuckers rung out as hard as they'll go!

LT1Dan
03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
I disagree, pretty sure rob would want those fuckers rung out as hard as they'll go!

Hell Yeah!

SledgeWS6
03-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Hellz Yeah x2. WOT

K-ville
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM

no doubt he would want them both WTFO!

StreetSweeper
03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Guy's Me and Anita have spoke quite a bit in the last few days! This is a possobility. We didnt really talk about the both cars but we spoke about me bringing the Blue car out eventually in his honor.

oVa-Boost
03-21-2011, 11:16 PM
I didnt know Rob at all seem like a great guy his post were always nice to read and seem very happy when ford brought back the new mustang 5.0 and had big plans for the 11 bums me out that this happen i was looking forward to seeing him run the 11 with the mods he wanted to complete to show gm guys that the new mustang had the power it had I was looking forward to meeting him at the shoot out as well.

RIP ROB my prayers go out to his family.

And i agree 11 and cobra WOT and we will all give it wot just for you rob.

Clinical
03-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Yeah, rob drove his cars the way the way they were meant to be driven!!
He never had a dull moment that's for sure!

warchild145
03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear this, my condolences. Never met Rob but having been a member here for so long its like you get to know people and he was a great guy who knew his stuff. I can only imagine what he was like in person and from what he brought here it shows that he was just as great in person or through the internet.

ZEE
03-22-2011, 02:22 PM
My condolences to the family. I always liked talkin with him and usually he was the only reason I stopped on the ave. He was a true car enthusiast. There aren't many that hang on to that throughout their life. I'm glad I met him and I'll miss his mustang updates.

69gt4speed
03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
will there be a wake the day before or anything?

I'm sorry Dustin, but no there's nothing going on before the Memorial, Rob's family from out of State has already been down to view Rob and say their goodbye(s). Rob had fallen when having the heart attack and hit his head pretty hard on the small intertainment center in the bedroom, he had a big gash and was bruised-up a little, Sooooo the families came to view him for the last time and now he has been cremated ( "think" about what George said about Rob's last ride with George coming-up. Then talk to George about the meaning in private ) so there will only be a picture and his ashes to view.
There may be a slight problem at Rob's Memorial ( I hope not cuz I know Rob doesn't want her there and I don't either ) Sat., his ex the B- from hell has already infested Rob's memorial page with her BS remark, she had also called the funeral home wanting information and demanding to view Rob but was told she was not next of kin so she gets no info or visit. BUT I have no doubt that she may show-up on Sat and she will be told to leave.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat., there will be something to drink with cake and other stuff at the memorial. Anyone that wants to stop by the house afterwards is more than welcome to.

Anita

69gt4speed
03-24-2011, 09:44 AM
Guy's Me and Anita have spoke quite a bit in the last few days! This is a possobility. We didnt really talk about the both cars but we spoke about me bringing the Blue car out eventually in his honor.

I have decided that the Terminator (blue ) and the 11 will both be there, it's what Rob would want and I want.

85XR7Project
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Anita, I feel terrible that I cannot come. I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

69gt4speed
03-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Anita, I feel terrible that I cannot come. I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

It's ok, I understand. Thank you for your kind words.

ZacFields
03-24-2011, 05:37 PM
his ex the B- from hell has already infested Rob's memorial page with her BS remark,

I saw that - what a horrible thing she said on there! I didn't know Rob incredibly well, but I knew him well enough to know that what she said is untrue, and again it was horribly inappropriate.

JustinS
03-24-2011, 05:51 PM
There may be a slight problem at Rob's Memorial ( I hope not cuz I know Rob doesn't want her there and I don't either ) Sat., his ex the B- from hell has already infested Rob's memorial page with her BS remark, she had also called the funeral home wanting information and demanding to view Rob but was told she was not next of kin so she gets no info or visit. BUT I have no doubt that she may show-up on Sat and she will be told to leave.

Anita

Some people can't keep their mouths shut, I'm sorry you have to read the comment that she posted on Rob's memorial page. When she shows up on Saturday (because we know drama queens can't stay away) I want you to know that we will all be there supporting you. You wont need to worry about her. :)

Drifte
03-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Who's on bouncer duty?

DustinsDuster
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Who's on bouncer duty?

me. let's make her cry.

Domestic Disturbance
03-24-2011, 11:39 PM
me. let's make her cry.

I'm down. Can I throw people?

clutchmuch
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
You can hurl me like a missle at her! 130lbs shouldnt be to hard!

85XR7Project
03-25-2011, 07:30 PM
You can hurl me like a missle at her! 130lbs shouldnt be to hard!

Now that right there is funny!

clutchmuch
03-26-2011, 11:52 AM
Now that right there is funny!

indeed it is haha

DustinsDuster
03-27-2011, 12:34 PM
turned out not to be an issue; George and I were on the lookout though. every time i heard the door open i looked over that way. i'm just glad we didnt have to deal with drama during the memorial. it was really cool to see everyone from the forums show up for this. Also saw Adam(Amoander) who i hadnt seen in years- was also nice to catch up with him.

as always Anita, if theres anything you need, be sure to let us know- i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we'd all be glad to help

JacobS
03-27-2011, 02:44 PM
turned out not to be an issue; George and I were on the lookout though. every time i heard the door open i looked over that way. i'm just glad we didnt have to deal with drama during the memorial. it was really cool to see everyone from the forums show up for this. Also saw Adam(Amoander) who i hadnt seen in years- was also nice to catch up with him.

as always Anita, if theres anything you need, be sure to let us know- i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say we'd all be glad to help

i thought that was him! geez i hadnt seen amoander since he last raced out on c street

i really liked the video that was playing. whoever put that together did a great job. i kind of wish more people would have gotten up more and talked about rob and his racing, but i wasnt so sure how many people would like that lol

good job on the speech ed. if there is anything you need anita, let us know.

69gt4speed
04-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Everyone,
Thank you all so much for coming to Rob's Memorial, I can imagine Rob with a big smile, a quick wave to everyone as he shifts gears on his way through those Pearly Gates looking for other racers that have passed on, to challenge them to a race on Heaven's drag-strip.

Thank's again

Anita