PDA

View Full Version : I lost a pet(faimily member) today

Luminatorz34
03-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I just got word from my mother that a cat i used to have, of whom i gave to my mom to be on my parents farm passed away about an hour ago. he was a very loved little guy (even tho he was close to 18 pounds)i sent him to my moms farm(more like hobby farm)as he loved being outside, loved to watch the birds,duck,,geese....absolutly loved to hunt mice, but he was still a big baby and loved to be in your lap and have his ears rubbed to the point that he leaves a huge drool bubble mess on your shirt as he rolls his eyes into the back of his head in pure pleasure... but from what my mom told me how she saw him yesterday when she took him to the vet, that he is now in a better place...apparently he had blood coming out of his eyes, nose, mouth....and had thick mucus coming out of his eyes nose and mouth also(im just glad i never got to see him in that bad of a mess that he was in, but my mom was the last one to see him, and saw him in that bad of a mess, thats why shes taking it alot harder than i am at this point)....she took him to the vet last nite (of where i had a gut feeling he wouldnt make it thru the nite) but instead i get a call from my mom saying he was doing better, perking up, more active and what not. only to find out about an hour ago he took a turn for the worse and passed away...it hurts really bad. i honestly havent cried this hard in a while (yea tpo those that think hey he's a guy hes not supposed to cry, well blow me im a sensitive guy) im pretty tore up, but my mom is even worse. i know only time will heal the wounds but god i wish i didnt have to go thru this

snickerlicker
03-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Sorry for your loss. Pets are the your best friend, beyond loyal.

OldSkoolRCR
03-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear that, I got me a BIG FAT BLACK cat also. and would really miss him if something happened.

Drifte
03-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Sorry to hear dude. My cats my buddy, kinda of a dick...but we mostly get along.

slow ride
03-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear this. I've lost a few cats growing up, some closer to me than others. I've got two now one 10 (Russian blue) and one 2 (Simamese). I'd miss them both dearly if I lost them.

Drifte
03-17-2011, 07:57 PM
You named your cats oneten and onetwo?

slow ride
03-17-2011, 08:26 PM
10 and 2 are the age

Luminatorz34
03-17-2011, 08:50 PM
thats for the kind comment guys ....it hurts alot...i had to give josh to my mom to live on their farm becasue i was moving....he was a outside cat as if you kept him inside more than a few hours he would go nuts trying to get outside, my mom showed interested in him and another cat as she needed good mousers which both cats were....my mom had josh since november of last year, i guess he loved my mom, would follow her any where and just be right by her side...its quite funny hearing the stories my mom had about him just in the short amount of time he was with my mom....

it was sad to see the 2nd cat i gave to my mom today also..josh and the other cat "pud" were best of buds at my house...there was a random stray that would come and beat the shit out of josh (another reason he went to my mom) but any time josh would scream pud would come flying and beat the living shit out of this particular stray, then stand in front of josh like she was his mom...it was really neat seeing their bond...

but today when i had to bury josh (mom was really tore up and just couldnt do it) i put josh in a bigger box so he could be "comfortable". my wife said a little prayer for him, then i buried him. but what was really touching was when i got done burrying him, pud came and sat right next to his resting place, almost like she was saying good bye too...i lost it at that part..it was really sad to see that.

but my mom has good plans for his resting place. shes goin to make him part of her garden, and plant lots of bright colored flowers for him. and its also done this way to keep people from walking on him...my mom bought a make your own step stone kit and is goin to make a really nice personalized stone for him....

like i said he wasnt even 3, which sucks seeing him go down that young.he passed on his own. as he couldnt get euthanized quick enough...i just hope it was painless for him. he died of being poisoned...more than likely rat poison we dont know where he got into it, but it was what took him down...my mom was just glad that josh came home to her. as he had been disappearing for a days at a time...and it gives us closure knowing hes home, and in a safe resting spot....

he will always be my little baby josh.

ZacFields
03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry for your loss man. Last summer I lost a 17 year old cat that I had since I was a little kid. Found him as a stray when he was a baby and had him ever since. My condolences.

69gt4speed
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Sorry for the loss, if I didn't have my lil black and wht dog idk what i would do. He likes riding, going fast.

Domestic Disturbance
03-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Lost my cat that I got for my 3rd birthday bout 2 years ago, died in my arms. He was my first pet, then lost my first dog later that year. Losing pets is rough, I feel for ya

85XR7Project
03-18-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm sorry for your loss man, I really am. I think I'd be super bummed out if my cat zander passed away.