PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Street Car Shootout, Saturday 6/18/2011 at CFR !!

Pages : [1] 2

AutoMods
03-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Iowa Street Car Shootout
Organized by Members of IowaAutoForums.com and Dragsource.net

Saturday, June 18, 2011
Gates open @ 1pm
Racing begins @ 2pm
Racing is scheduled to end at 6. Arrangements have been made with track management for gates to stay open if needed to complete the competition.
Our shootout will have its own two lanes keep your timeslips and come back to the pits and give us your times so we can write it down.

Cedar Falls Raceway
6200 W. Bennington Rd.
Cedar Falls, IA 50647
http://www.CedarFallsRaceway.com/

REQUIREMENTS:
Cars, Trucks ans SUV's, no bikes!
DOT approved tires (DOT Bias-ply allowed)
Manual and automatic equipped cars.
Any combination of power adders.
10.00 ET and slower cars. Car must have never made a 9.99 or faster pass in its history!
Must be a member of http://www.IowaAutoForums.com and/or http://www.Dragsource.net

Bracketed field consisting of any make/model/power adder combo out there! Competitors will complete 1-2 passes prior to the bracketed racing. Field will be paired with the 2 fastest cars going on opposite ends of the field. Fastest ET cars race against slowest ET cars. May the fastest car win!

PRIZES for:
Quickest overall car (Trophy, $100 prize money and a 1 hour dyno certificate at Wrenches)
Quickest Import/Sport Compact (Trophy, 1 hour Wrenches dyno cert, $50 ImportEvolution.com gift cert)
Quickest Manually shifted car (Trophy, purse)
Closest competitor average to 12.00 (Trophy)
Closest competitor average to 11.00 (Trophy)
Slowest competitor average! (Trophy)
Shirts and stickers will likely be made and given out

Prizes and Purses will be announced closer to the event once fund raising and sponsor list has been completed.

Standard admission to the track will be required, but there will be NO ADDITIONAL ENTRY FEE.

Business Sponsors so far are
ImportEvolution.com
Moore Tuning, Chris Moore or MooreTuning.com
Wrenches, WrenchesDesMoines.com

For questions or comment contact
Casey 'c_mart_28'
Rob 69gt4speed
Ryan 'ImportEvolution' Ryan@ImportEvolution.com

Entry Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOUFE6MQ#gid=0

View All Entries https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArYYxsUnbtzNdEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOU FE&hl=en

AutoMods
03-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Please reply or private message me if you are interested in donating to the event to help cover purse money, trophies, shirts, stickers, etc.

Businesses may contact me for sponsorship inquiry's.

We welcome comments and suggestion however please understand that changes to the event format may be difficult. There are many members and sites, business that are participating so ideas have to be agreed upon by the majority.

c_mart_28
03-13-2011, 08:46 AM
In!

Casey Martin
2003 Mustang Cobra

In it to win it!

Batwood
03-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Sounds like a good time!
I'll bring the 4-door.

DustinsDuster
03-13-2011, 12:00 PM
i'll bring tools and bevereages in the bed of the truck!

c_mart_28
03-13-2011, 12:32 PM
The same truck you'll be racing I hope!

JacobS
03-13-2011, 01:22 PM
ill be there! unless the cars not done, then ill just help up the winners pot

LT1Dan
03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I'll be there as long as my car is running.

AutoMods
03-13-2011, 02:13 PM
I'll be there as long as my car is running.

if your car's not running you can come and take pictures of my ls1

FiFdYnUtZ
03-13-2011, 02:19 PM
ill do my best to get the car there...

Domestic Disturbance
03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
I'll be there

oVa-Boost
03-13-2011, 04:27 PM
I should be there if i dont have anything going on i might roll up with some ppl from here if there going.

oVa-Boost
03-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Ill try to bring both cars TA and Laser

LT1Dan
03-13-2011, 04:36 PM
if your car's not running you can come and take pictures of my ls1

That's some good motivation to get my stuff running. I don't want to waste a Saturday watching a bunch of LS1's.

69gt4speed
03-13-2011, 04:39 PM
I'll bring both cars I hope.

LT1Dan
03-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Also I'm in to help get some shirts or trophies or something made up. I don't have tons of money to contribute but am willing to chip in.

OldSkoolRCR
03-13-2011, 04:50 PM
WTF!!! Can never have made a 9sec pass? Who comes up with this shit, I think It should be a 10.0 index, Well I will be there with the silver car and Allison driving, Unless your all scared of a girl, and I will de-tune it to run 10s, Anyone objecting?....lol

allgo
03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
I think they should let ed and george in with no spray...

OldSkoolRCR
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
I think they should let ed and george in with no spray...

George is busy that weekend Joe, but they should let Allison drive my car. Your going with the Vette correct?

allgo
03-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I think unless something else comes up with my other hobbies..

StreetSweeper
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Eddy B & Son/Daughter IN DA HOUSE!! Silver car going to whoop all ass with a girl behind the wheel!

stangvortech
03-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I will be there with my car and both of my bros cars.(3 mustangs)( I can try and help with trophy money)
I say ed's car can go but with no spary at all!

Deimos
03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm in if Caleb is!

snickerlicker
03-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Big HP will be there, suns out guns out!!! Peelin on everyones ass...

Drifte
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Got the SCA trophy in the bag.

As for de-tuning to win it seems kinda shady.

Deimos
03-13-2011, 09:21 PM
You hafta understand colton he doesn't have to put the kill pill on to make it in the tens.

Caleb
03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I smell a personal day being taken off for this.

AutoMods
03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Added Rob to the contact list for questions/suggestions.

The event was kinda based of the manual shootout last year. However not allowing autos was just eliminating too many people. But allowing autos opened up the door to 8-9 second cars. Those cars compete in other events such as the 10.5 class. What would be the fun of having one of those cars come up and sandbag their way to a 10.0 and win.

As for the manuals, they probably dont need a ET restriction, last year there was no restriction and the fastest pass was 10.5 .

I don't have a problem with ed's car going without nitrous as long as other people are ok with it. We know Ed's car and it hasn't ran 9's NA.

69gt4speed
03-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Eddy B & Son/Daughter IN DA HOUSE!! Silver car going to whoop all ass with a girl behind the wheel!

ya we will see what Allison can do won't we? Better have her practice as you saw the first roll run w sherman driving. He started a lil late. Like 5 sec late.

StreetSweeper
03-13-2011, 11:17 PM
My black 99 is the car set up for 10.5, we will run the car on motor and put the Mrs. behind the wheel, you boyz will have nothing to wory about! well maybe, you should be a little worried. The car will not go into the 9s on motor but i will say testing with Allison went very well N/A at KCIR this weekend!!!

Domestic Disturbance
03-14-2011, 01:03 AM
I don't have a problem with ed's car going without nitrous as long as other people are ok with it. We know Ed's car and it hasn't ran 9's NA.

Make sure there's no bottle in that thing haha

85XR7Project
03-14-2011, 06:59 AM
I might have to show up, I don't got anything to run as of yet but it'd be nice to see some of you guys and your cars.

slo4cyl
03-14-2011, 09:02 AM
I will be there with the talon, should be a good time.

Drifte
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I will be there with the talon, should be a good time.
Alright, I'll be out to support the Talon. I'll bring the cooler.

slo4cyl
03-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Alright, I'll be out to support the Talon. I'll bring the cooler.

Ill supply some for the cooler, Ill even bring some of the expensive stuff for ya lol

boostedsohc
03-14-2011, 10:03 AM
il have to try to make it to this!

Scott
03-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Mine has never ran in the 9's on motor either, what do you think? Bring it and run NA with Summer behind the wheel??

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
We know Ed's car and it hasn't ran 9's NA.

Not in 2010 anyway...lol

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 02:43 PM

Ut OH!!!!!!!!!!

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Mine has never ran in the 9's on motor either, what do you think? Bring it and run NA with Summer behind the wheel??

Hell Yes!!! Never know could be a all female final...lol

Scott
03-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Hell Yes!!! Never know could be a all female final...lol

LOL that'd be awesome, next thing you know Allison and Summer will be on here talking mad shit to everyone.. Its been proven girls generally have better reaction time than guys.

But did I read this is going to be a bracket race? Or will it be more like a 10.0 index?

LT1Dan
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
My black 99 is the car set up for 10.5, we will run the car on motor and put the Mrs. behind the wheel, you boyz will have nothing to wory about! well maybe, you should be a little worried. The car will not go into the 9s on motor but i will say testing with Allison went very well N/A at KCIR this weekend!!!

WTF!!! Can never have made a 9sec pass? Who comes up with this shit, I think It should be a 10.0 index, Well I will be there with the silver car and Allison driving, Unless your all scared of a girl, and I will de-tune it to run 10s, Anyone objecting?....lol

So is she driving the black car or the silver? or both possibly? haha

I don't have a problem with Ed and Georges car running off the bottle. My car isn't fast enough to compete for overall winner even if they didn't show up.

LT1Dan
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM

What about your car!?!

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
you winners shold totally take your tin can race cars to the STREET car race that would be uber cool of you. While your at it mybe you want to steal candy from a baby. OR join the middle school football team so you can be an allstar.

Dont be scared there only girls...lol

But on a side note you must have a slow ass car if your worried about N20 cars running on motor, everybody on this site knows that Scotty,George and my car are built around the bottle, On motor and with a inexperianced female driver they are actually in the slower field of the cars that have already argeed to race. But if it makes you feel any better I will pull 10* of timming N/A also...lol

Xboosted23X
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Since this is a street car event why not a cruise like drag week?

Deimos
03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
man that would be expensive as all get out for people running the ten dollar a gallon race fuel.

N*M*S
03-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Anbody can run whatever they want. If you break out of the 10's you just won't be in contention for any trophies.....by all means bring whatever you have though. I believe there is a 10.5 event that day also isn't there? I would imagine that will thin out most of the "fast" cars wanting to participate in the street car shootout.

We will be there with something or other. Would like to bring one of the Vipers to play on some 18" street tires.

Scott
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Anbody can run whatever they want. If you break out of the 10's you just won't be in contention for any trophies.....by all means bring whatever you have though. I believe there is a 10.5 event that day also isn't there? I would imagine that will thin out most of the "fast" cars wanting to participate in the street car shootout.

We will be there with something or other. Would like to bring one of the Vipers to play on some 18" street tires.

Yeah that would count out my notch, I guess summer could still race the cobra though. Not much competition but hey, practice is practice

c_mart_28
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Theres not a 10.5 event that day unfortunately.

Honestly, if you are a nitrous car and have a 9.99 or faster slip, I'd be okay as long as the bottle is out of the car, and its a known 10.00 or slower car off the hose. (I know, I know..its the Rich Christensen in me...ghey..)

The deal is that we had a super competative event last year at the manual shootout. The finals was decided by .02. We want this one to be similarly competative, and most importantly, fair amongst street cars. I really don't want someone to come in and sandbag their way to a win. Especially with the prizes starting to mount up.

Can all the above cars mentioned drive to the track or maybe say 50 miles under their own power?

I'm not saying this is a super serious event or anything, I just want it to be fun for the people who typically only get TNT's for their racing experience.

Scott
Agree with Ed on this one for sure, definetly not running good on motor!! and their GIRLS, come on seriously that wouldnt be some cool chit to see a couple girls out there racing these bad ass cars. Its all in the name of fun, but if someone is gonna get butt hurt about it I wont even consider it, just not worth it to me.

My car could make a 50 mile drive and run on pump gas, done it many times.

Xboosted23X
man that would be expensive as all get out for people running the ten dollar a gallon race fuel.

I didn't know a lot of people ran race gas on street cars. e85 FTW.

DustinsDuster
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
i dont mind whatever anyone wants to do as i'll prob be way up in the high 14's (if i can even get the damn thing up there), so it doesnt matter much to me either way. looks like its gonna be a great event guys!

Deimos
03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
hell pretty soon normal gas will be 5 to 6 dollars a gallon

snickerlicker
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
What about your car!?!

Finishing the engine on Wednesday. Should run mid 14's.....

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Dam Scott you playin this year awsome...Now if BIG HP would get his shit togather we could have a awsome summer.

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Agree with Ed on this one for sure, definetly not running good on motor!! and their GIRLS, come on seriously that wouldnt be some cool chit to see a couple girls out there racing these bad ass cars. Its all in the name of fun, but if someone is gonna get butt hurt about it I wont even consider it, just not worth it to me.

My car could make a 50 mile drive and run on pump gas, done it many times.

Yes agreed.... Allison just wants to drive this year, and actually I have more fun watching or helping George and Allgo when there racing, But if its a big deal we will still go, but she can T/T But I agree if you run fatsre than a 10.0 your DQ'd for the main event.

LT1Dan
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM

Not bad for a Mustang...My lil LT1 should be right around there.

slow ride
03-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I think my moneys on the nitrous cars off the bottle. They all hook on the bottle so I don't see them having much problem maximizing all the NA power they can muster deep into the 10's all day every pass. Stick cars will be toast. Still worth watching though, but I'd like to see cars have to do a auto x type course and drag race. Thats a street car to me, but to each is own.

snickerlicker
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Dam Scott you playin this year awsome...Now if BIG HP would get his shit togather we could have a awsome summer.

Big HP is in love.... No more Casey's pizza on the way home from Eddyville for him!!! LOL

allgo
03-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I think Caseys cobra will be the car to beat since its went 10.50s last year, eddy will not get to spray so it will even it out a little, but I know his car will hook and book, this should be fun anyways..

EZ MONEY
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Looks like FUN!

stangvortech
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I think my moneys on the nitrous cars off the bottle. They all hook on the bottle so I don't see them having much problem maximizing all the NA power they can muster deep into the 10's all day every pass. Stick cars will be toast. Still worth watching though, but I'd like to see cars have to do a auto x type course and drag race. Thats a street car to me, but to each is own.

The auto x would be cool to. I dont think the 10.5 cars should compete in the street car shoot out but what ever, i guess if they take away the bottles.

OldSkoolRCR
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Big HP is in love.... No more Casey's pizza on the way home from Eddyville for him!!! LOL

His Loss! More for Us. I see where his prioritys are, Thats some GOOOOD PZZA!!!...lol

Drifte
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Would be cool to incorporate a points system and have an auto cross too. Tip car of the two events would be the real street car champ.

slo4cyl
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Can all the above cars mentioned drive to the track or maybe say 50 miles under their own power?

Im up for a cruise to the track, I think that's a good idea

JustaGT
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
agreed, it would be sweet since its a street car shootout to have the cars at least drive some distance to the track. trailers for some is not a bad idea in case something happens but it would be sweet to drive to the track

c_mart_28
03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Would be a neat aspect..

Especially since I could do it with a/c blasting :)

69gt4speed
03-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Would be a neat aspect..

Especially since I could do it with a/c blasting :)

I suppose you want my sync also... And scott going mid 14's I smell some dead fish real strong.

StreetSweeper
03-14-2011, 11:10 PM
So is she driving the black car or the silver? or both possibly? haha

I don't have a problem with Ed and Georges car running off the bottle. My car isn't fast enough to compete for overall winner even if they didn't show up.

Allison is going to be driving the silver car for awhile N/A untill she gets comfortable, then we will turn the juice on and get her use to that. Once she feels comfortable running 9s in the silver car, I told her she can run the black car witch is technically hers to lol since its will be a little more obnoxious on motor this year. I guess we will play it buy ear but i would love to see my wife make a 8 second pass on 10.5 tire someday. I think that would be awesome and she is super stoked dad is putting her in his car! I already had to order the pink helmet and shoes and i think dad picked her up a neat fire suite!

allgo
03-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Im driving my car already there, but I really dont think this is needed... auto cross is another stupid idea, how in the world do you think your going to get everyone together again to do this. Keep it simple and you will have more cars make it a circus and more people will not be able to make it..

TbTalon94
03-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey do I get extra points If I were to tow sOmeone else car to the track lol?

sparkles
03-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Is there a "like" button for Vbulletin? If so, we need to add it.

N*M*S
03-15-2011, 09:54 AM
So.....if there are all these faster cars that want to run AND no 10.5 event why don't we add a 8.99 bracket? That way the true 10 second car are still competing with each other and the faster guys can focus on not breaking out of the 9's instead of trying to figure out ways to slow down a full second +. I think it would be a bad idea to tell a group of willing participants that they can't come because it's not fair for slower cars. Make it as inclusive as possible and as BIG event as possible. Just my .02.

69gt4speed
03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Lol ya last time Joe was racing 2 cars same day one a auto w manual valve body, the vette a manual, mighty busy he was. I'll be running around crazy unless wife puts it in drive and lets it rip. Allison, Summer vs wife... side bets?

69gt4speed
03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Simple as possible hey they go too quick booted OUT.... Simple.. Everybody should know that...Got a slow turd like mine no worries.

Scott
03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
So.....if there are all these faster cars that want to run AND no 10.5 event why don't we add a 8.99 bracket? That way the true 10 second car are still competing with each other and the faster guys can focus on not breaking out of the 9's instead of trying to figure out ways to slow down a full second +. I think it would be a bad idea to tell a group of willing participants that they can't come because it's not fair for slower cars. Make it as inclusive as possible and as BIG event as possible. Just my .02.

It would be easier "for me anyway" to just run on motor in the mid 10's rather than detune the nitrous to run in the 9's. In other words its just not worth the time, nitrous, plugs, C-16 and all that for a 1 time only index race "to me anyway"

Its up to you guys!! From my side, I would like to get the girl behind the wheel and watch her compete instead of just a T+T in the cobra. I dont want it to be unfair, I dont know what mine will run this year but last time I had it maximized to run NA was at pinks all out in indianapolis and it was running 10.6's and that was with open headers which is typically worth .2-.3.... In other words Im not expecting it to be capable of a 9 second pass NA. So whatever thats worth.

allgo
03-15-2011, 12:37 PM
It's always a good idea to tell people they have stupid ideas. People like that. keep it simple so allgo doesnt get confused...

My only confusion is who are you..oh thats right you'll hide behind your computer like your pee-pee hides behind your pubes..

Drifte
03-15-2011, 12:57 PM
It would be easier "for me anyway" to just run on motor in the mid 10's rather than detune the nitrous to run in the 9's. In other words its just not worth the time, nitrous, plugs, C-16 and all that for a 1 time only index race "to me anyway"

Its up to you guys!! From my side, I would like to get the girl behind the wheel and watch her compete instead of just a T+T in the cobra. I dont want it to be unfair, I dont know what mine will run this year but last time I had it maximized to run NA was at pinks all out in indianapolis and it was running 10.6's and that was with open headers which is typically worth .2-.3.... In other words Im not expecting it to be capable of a 9 second pass NA. So whatever thats worth.

I see your point scott, but at the same time this is more a gathering for your cobra, that you guys do take on the street. I dont know what that car runs, but you should def take it. Tough call having the race cars in the street car shootout, But who wouldnt want more people at the event?!

Scott
03-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Not to start another opinion war but if it was track only I sure as heck wouldnt be paying for insurance, tags, and left free HP on the table by building it to be a pump gas friendly engine. I do see your point as well, but if you had those 2 cars in your garage and got to pick which one to bring to a drag race I think the choice would be fairly obvious!

but I would love to bring the Cobra to a Auto-x event sometime, even though the tires suck and its a overpowered heavy pig I still think it would be a fun time since I've tried alot of car racing with the exception of that.

slow ride
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I never said the auto x was something that we could put together, but thats what makes a car a real street car to me. Needs to stop, turn, accel all decent. I know we could never put together a dual racing type event. I'll have fun watching either way.

allgo
03-15-2011, 02:14 PM
You should be racing//

SledgeWS6
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Tyler Engelbart
2001 WS6 Trans AM

Throw me in...might as well.

slow ride
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I might try to race, but last year I almost broke my turd on 3 of 3 botched passes. I just can't put anything together with this dam car. I did better 3 years ago with it's first time to the track and less power.

snickerlicker
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Tyler Engelbart
2001 WS6 Trans AM

Throw me in...might as well.

Dan said you will be his bitch after the mighty LT1 doors your ass!!!

SledgeWS6
03-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Dan said you will be his bitch after the mighty LT1 doors your ass!!!

Only time will tell.

LT1Dan
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Only time will tell.

Smell that??! It's fear!! The WS6 is going down!! AGAIN!

Batwood
03-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Hmmm... is that the same LT1 I saw get beat by a 4-door one night? I think it was an Oldsmobile or something. ;)

Deimos
03-15-2011, 06:35 PM
shits getting deep. This ought to be good.

OldSkoolRCR
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM

UT OH!!! gonna be a showdown.

LT1Dan
03-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Hmmm... is that the same LT1 I saw get beat by a 4-door one night? I think it was an Oldsmobile or something. ;)

Cars with 4 doors can't be fast! I'm pretty sure that guy was crazy though...He was running around with only one headlight at one point!

SledgeWS6
03-15-2011, 07:18 PM

Alright, next time we race I won't have a misfire either ;)

PS - Better get 'r done before July. I just have to pay for my CPA test and I'm hitting the MOD train faster than Obama's putting this country in the poor house! :D

sparkles
03-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Holy shit! That's pretty fast!

LT1Dan
03-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Alright, next time we race I won't have a misfire either ;)

PS - Better get 'r done before July. I just have to pay for my CPA test and I'm hitting the MOD train faster than Obama's putting this country in the poor house! :D

As long as you're there on June 18th we'll see how bad that "misfire" was. :cool:

LT1Dan
03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Holy shit! That's pretty fast!

^^Hahahaha

SledgeWS6
03-15-2011, 08:07 PM
As long as you're there on June 18th we'll see how bad that "misfire" was. :cool:

I'll be there. Just let me know when you wanna put that engine back in and I'll be there to fabricate my own destruction. I just wanna snap those pan-hard bar bolts off for you.

Drifte
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Excellent, a little rivalry. Maybe I can make my pickup truck get into the 15's... Though I doubt it:/. Will be a while before anything potent gets stuck under this hood. Can I has 15 sec dd class?

AutoMods
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Excellent, a little rivalry. Maybe I can make my pickup truck get into the 15's... Though I doubt it:/. Will be a while before anything potent gets stuck under this hood. Can I has 15 sec dd class?

you and lt1dan need to join the ls1 club. Eric, 'sleeping', in waterloo has an ls1 rx7 in progress. should be done for the Iowa shootout.

ftw
http://www.importevolution.com/public/rx7/ls1_in1.jpg

DustinsDuster
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM

sure- me and you can duke it out....

Domestic Disturbance
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM

If he's only gonna spray a 75 shot like a little girl then the lt1 is gonna clean up. I better get to work quick to save the ls1 camp. Especially if those damn mustangs show up

stangvortech
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM
If he's only gonna spray a 75 shot like a little girl then the lt1 is gonna clean up. I better get to work quick to save the ls1 camp. Especially if those damn mustangs show up

Yea he better! The mustangs will be out in full force dont bother trying to save the ls1's they are all going to be in the rear view! lol
Allgo, there is a 0% chance of a auto cross.

McKeever
03-15-2011, 10:30 PM

sure- me and you can duke it out....

I should try and bring the taco. That way we can have a mini truckin shootout.

Drifte
03-15-2011, 10:41 PM
I should try and bring the taco. That way we can have a mini truckin shootout.

That'd be cool. Except I have a bone stock truck and you guys are boosted! With a few bolt ons I can probably get 10hp lol.

Thinkin about it though, we should. That'd be fun. I'll try to get the thing to run it's best.

TbTalon94
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Colton I got a nice nitrous kit that would give you a nice kick in the ass!

Deimos
03-16-2011, 05:36 AM
then it goes boom and then I would buy it off you.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Yea he better! The mustangs will be out in full force dont bother trying to save the ls1's they are all going to be in the rear view! lol
Allgo, there is a 0% chance of a auto cross.
Don't hold your breath there cowpoke

stangvortech
03-16-2011, 11:11 AM
nope im holding it! lol

Drifte
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Bet you cant hold your breath for 10 mintues.

DustinsDuster
03-16-2011, 01:10 PM
then it goes boom and then I would buy it off you.

buy the whole drivetrain so he has a good reason to put something better in it...

FiFdYnUtZ
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I should just say fuck the trans am and bring my s10, then colton and I can have a black s10 extreme shootout! Haha

Drifte
03-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Lets do it. I'll have to think of something ridiculous to do running down the track. Maybe read a book?

Deimos
03-16-2011, 04:20 PM
buy the whole drivetrain so he has a good reason to put something better in it...

Another dude is suppose to buy my old drivetrain, we will see if it pans out.

Batwood
03-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I should just say fuck the trans am and bring my s10, then colton and I can have a black s10 extreme shootout! Haha

Hell, I have an S-10 too! 4.3 hauls ass for a worn out truck.
Its not very extreme though...

Drifte
03-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Hell, I have an S-10 too! 4.3 hauls ass for a worn out truck.
Its not very extreme though...

lol, mines not exactly extreme, they forgot the E.

69gt4speed
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Yea wouldn't want that 2011 whippin up on ya w a lady driving...

Domestic Disturbance
03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Lets do it. I'll have to think of something ridiculous to do running down the track. Maybe read a book?

'guys loses control and crashes during 15 second pass'

Drifte
03-17-2011, 07:00 AM
'guys loses control and crashes during 15 second pass'
15! Now I know your makin it up. I run 20's.

BoostASAP
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I'll throw my hat into the ring. Jesse better bring the viper :)

derek072887
03-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Jesse at a drag strip...... never

Batwood
03-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Jesse at a drag strip...... never
Ever have the Audi at one?

Deimos
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM

He's afraid to get a lane.

OldSkoolRCR
03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
He's afraid to get a lane.

How about the Audi VS a chick driving a F-body N/A...lol

Deimos
03-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I just saw that on FB. Id laugh if she smoked ya in the black car while she is driving the silver.

Garrett
03-20-2011, 06:44 PM
DOT tires....dangzers. I don't know about that.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-20-2011, 06:53 PM
just get a bias ply et street, pretty much a slick..

AutoMods
03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
garrett do you own a pure slick?

yea that dot rule is there just to make the event more for street cars. but yea the et streets are almost as good as a pure slick. If it was me, i probably wouldn't want to buy an et street if i already owned a slick just to qualify for this event so that kinda sucks . i guess a line has to be drawn somewhere for rules though.

Garrett
03-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Don't budge those rules. Its good to have the line drawn as you stated. I'm not about to buy a set of tires....for one race. MY IFO/NSCRA schedule lets me use my non-DOT tire. So no need to waste 3-4-5 hundred on another set. And then another set of rims to. I'm sure I will be here thought.

derek072887
03-20-2011, 07:29 PM

actually yes, back when it was first stg 3 and only on 10psi, ran a 13.3 with a 2.2 60'..... that was 3 years ago... lots done since then and 12 more psi

85XR7Project
03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
So run it, I do warn you however you wouldn't get to do a roll race...

stangvortech
03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Can we make the manual runoff the Rob Palmer Manual Run off? He was the main man for it.

Drifte
03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Or "Rob Palmer street car shootout"

stangvortech
03-20-2011, 10:01 PM
that works too!

c_mart_28
03-20-2011, 10:06 PM

Has my 100% support.

SledgeWS6
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM

I agree. We should make it about the whole event to honor him, not just one set of races.

StreetSweeper
03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Guys dedicatiing a shootout for rob every year is a MUST on the list. This needs to be done for sure.

LT1Dan
03-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Guys dedicatiing a shootout for rob every year is a MUST on the list. This needs to be done for sure.

THIS^ Rob was always the driving force to get the "street" guys up to the track to race. It would be awesome if this was the 1st Annual Rob Palmer Street Car Shootout, and we did this every year to honor him.

OldSkoolRCR
03-21-2011, 05:29 AM
THIS^ Rob was always the driving force to get the "street" guys up to the track to race. It would be awesome if this was the 1st Annual Rob Palmer Street Car Shootout, and we did this every year to honor him.

I PM'd Ryan with some of our guys thoughts, he has not replyed yet, but I agree 150% on this one.

Ricky
03-21-2011, 07:36 AM
actually yes, back when it was first stg 3 and only on 10psi, ran a 13.3 with a 2.2 60'..... that was 3 years ago... lots done since then and 12 more psi

2.2 60' ...? I guess droping the clutch is the fastest way off the line because i slipped my clutch and pulled a 1.7 60'.....

AutoMods
03-21-2011, 07:56 AM
I PM'd Ryan with some of our guys thoughts, he has not replyed yet, but I agree 150% on this one.

Doesn't look like I ever got a pm.

Drifte
03-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Event within the "Rob Palmer street car shootout" event: RPM shootout/award

Or Rob Palmer Manual shoout out. Which is its own class and I believe is lined up for a trophy to be awarded too.

I hope to get some graphics done early this week. Pretty busy week for me.

If the renaming of the event sounds good to everyone including the Dragsource guys we can rename the thread and get to work on the flyers.

Domestic Disturbance
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM

Or Rob Palmer Manual shoout out. Which is its own class and I believe is lined up for a trophy to be awarded too.

If the renaming of the event sounds good to everyone including the Dragsource guys we can rename the thread and get to work on the flyers.

I really like that RPM idea

OldSkoolRCR
03-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Im sure nobody would object.

FiFdYnUtZ
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
i like it....

AutoMods
03-21-2011, 10:25 PM
i also like the RPM award

Mike@Salkowski-Motorsport
03-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Im going to bring the audi a8. its getting a turbo in a month or so lol

c_mart_28
03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Im going to bring the audi a8. its getting a turbo in a month or so lol

Sweet! Any more info on it?

Caleb
04-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Got the new window in, return fuel style system is going and pressure is checking out good. Tightened down the valve covers a bit( little leaky). Just needs an oil change here and its good to go. Hoping for consistent high/mid 12's as long as she runs at her N/A best!

My car should be going guaranteed as long as no other pains in the ass pop up.

*EDIT: Pain in the Ass Alert: Brothers Wedding on the 18th ftl.*

APPLES355
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I will be there with the monte again, but without any changes because we have been working on getting the engine done in the girlfriends car. I guess on the plus side we will have her 98 camaro there for the manual runoff as well!

c_mart_28
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I will be there with the monte again, but without any changes because we have been working on getting the engine done in the girlfriends car. I guess on the plus side we will have her 98 camaro there for the manual runoff as well!

Sweet! Of all the cars that were there last year, yours ranks right towards the top of being my favorite. Just something you don't see everyday!

DustinsDuster
04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Sweet! Of all the cars that were there last year, yours ranks right towards the top of being my favorite. Just something you don't see everyday!

you mean to tell me theres no road-race prepped 6 speed Monte Carlo's in Des Moines?

c_mart_28
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
you mean to tell me theres no road-race prepped 6 speed Monte Carlo's in Des Moines?

I just looked at every car in my store's entire parking lot, and I didn't see even 1!

skipdownstairs
04-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Ill come over just to mess around with the stang dont have any street tires though

slo4cyl
04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Ill come over just to mess around with the stang dont have any street tires though

Well here is another 9 second car to add to the list. We should have enough to have a good 9 second battle shouldn't we?

c_mart_28
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I want everyone there and to race. As of now there is not a particular award or prize to be given for the 9-sec guys but the more there, the better.

Also, for everyone competing in the shootout, DO NOT break your stuff before the event. We have a nice parting award for whoever breaks most impressively!

Domestic Disturbance
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
shiiiit I better put my 10 bolt back in. I find it funny its tucked in a corner right now next to my new et streets.

AutoMods
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks to Casey we have an official entry form now. I've also added links to post 1 in this thread.

Entry Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOUFE6MQ#gid=0

View All Entries https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArYYxsUnbtzNdEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOU FE&hl=en

c_mart_28
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Get signed up weiners. I need to know which one of you I'm taking out this year in the finals! :) :)

slo4cyl
05-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Get signed up weiners. I need to know which one of you I'm taking out this year in the finals! :) :)

Hey im signed up, better start jotting down notes! lol

c_mart_28
05-06-2011, 07:32 AM
"Put rain x on windsheild should get me a couple tenths in the 1/4"

Lol, nice mod list on the Z Joe..

Drifte
05-06-2011, 08:15 AM

I was talking with dustin, and he says you can get some dot approved 15" tires from a class that races at hawkeye downs pretty cheap. They would be about 8" wide though, not sure if those will help you much.

DustinsDuster
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
the sportsman class runs treaded bias-ply tires that are pretty cheap to buy and still pretty damn sticky. Apples used to run them on his Monte. i dont know if they're still Hoosier brand, or American Racer, or what. i'm buying a decent used pair from a friend who races out there for $50. i'll let you know how they feel on my truck.

allgo
05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Well boy and girls I will not be able to make this race anymore..went today and went 10.41 at 142mph and got booted out and told never to bring that car back to this track again unless its caged and that wont happen.. so it should be a relief to some of you now you can have a chance..lol

P.S. this car will go bottom 10s or 9.90s by the end of the year..

c_mart_28
05-07-2011, 08:46 PM
That stinks...

Guess I might not be needing that 100 shot after all!

Good job getting that thing down the track in short order Joe.

AutoMods
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
that sucks. what have you been doing to make more power?

look over at honda forums , you'll probably see some fake foam roll bars for sale along with fake blow off valves:) darn I was hoping I could sneak by this year without a roll bar if i ran out of time.

allgo
05-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I put the 93 octane tune in it, ran the 89 octane tune in it before..car is hooking to so thats a big difference to, still only leaving at 1800 rpms but went 1.70s 60 ft which is pretty good for that car..

OldSkoolRCR
05-08-2011, 07:50 PM
That stinks...

Guess I might not be needing that 100 shot after all!

You got me to worrie about now, I recomend the 100 shot because Im bring a shot also...lol

c_mart_28
05-09-2011, 01:12 PM
You got me to worrie about now, I recomend the 100 shot because Im bring a shot also...lol

Ha I want no part of that thing. Hence the 10.00et or slower cutoff for the shootout!

Now, off the bottle, I might givver a go. I dunno though, don't want to stress the daily driver too much :)

Batwood
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
It would appear that the street car shootout is on the same day as the first "Race or Wreck" at Hawkeye Downs.
This sucks... I've had an 80 Chevy Pickup sitting in my backyard for 2 months just so I can destroy it in the trailer race.

Decisions decisions....

c_mart_28
05-09-2011, 10:07 PM
You sir, are obligated to make it. If for no other reason, just so that I get to see such a weird setup in action.

AutoMods
05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
It would appear that the street car shootout is on the same day as the first "Race or Wreck" at Hawkeye Downs.
This sucks... I've had an 80 Chevy Pickup sitting in my backyard for 2 months just so I can destroy it in the trailer race.

Decisions decisions....

You have to come to Rob's shootout!

OldSkoolRCR
05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Ha I want no part of that thing. Hence the 10.00et or slower cutoff for the shootout!

Now, off the bottle, I might givver a go. I dunno though, don't want to stress the daily driver too much :)

Key words 10.0 cut off...As long as I we stay 10.0 or slower, Game On...So 10.0s it is.

Deimos
05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
no nitrous still Ed?

Batwood
05-10-2011, 07:56 PM
You have to come to Rob's shootout!

Ok, you talked me into it.

10.0 cutoff though... I think I can handle that!
(Probably with a few seconds to spare. :( )

c_mart_28
05-10-2011, 09:12 PM
REQUIREMENTS:
Cars, Trucks ans SUV's, no bikes!
DOT approved tires (DOT Bias-ply allowed)
Manual and automatic equipped cars.
Any combination of power adders.
10.00 ET and slower cars. Car must have never made a 9.99 or faster pass in its history!
Must be a member of http://www.IowaAutoForums.com and/or http://www.Dragsource.net

Sorry man, a rule like the one above is there specifically to keep someone from sandbagging their way to a win. You want to race with no nitrous, and the car has never gone 9.99 or faster off the bottle, you're welcome to come race. This was originally designed to be a competition amongst true street cars. Simply put.

Call my car a race car all you want but I have posted videos of me running 10.6's on slicks just last weekend.

I don't think there is a 10.5 tire race the weekend of the 18th like I originally thought so you 9 and 8 second guys obviously can race right along with the competition, just not in it. If enough of you are wanting to compete, maybe an additional class or award could be made up..?

OldSkoolRCR
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
no nitrous still Ed?

10.0 cut off, dont matter how I get to 10.01 as long as its not 9.99.

c_mart_28
05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Your car ever run a 9.99 or faster?

AutoMods
05-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Originally the rules were made up in the moderator sections of dragsource and IAF . there were to be no exceptions to any car that has ever ran 9.99 or faster.

Rob did express in the moderator section that he would be ok with ed running without nitrous. soon after that scott was interested in running without his nitrous and nobody knows what that cars runs, could be a 9 sec car NA. Rob never provided an opinion on scott. So Ed is the one and only exception I think should be made just because we know what ed's car ran last year na.

So to go along with Rob, I say if ed is willing to run without nitrous and willing to let whoever inspect his car than he can run. Leave the bottle at home, if you are making some non-shootout passes with nitrous on the same day that will get too complicated to monitor.

If there is going to be controversy it may be best to stick firm to the original rules.

slow ride
05-11-2011, 06:13 AM
I don't know I still think it's getting way off track from what it was in the past. Manual cars are 100% more difficult to get down the track and the lack of consistancy are what make it anyones race. Start throwing in the sure things and I'm over it. It will still be fun to watch.

c_mart_28
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't know I still think it's getting way off track from what it was in the past. Manual cars are 100% more difficult to get down the track and the lack of consistancy are what make it anyones race. Start throwing in the sure things and I'm over it. It will still be fun to watch.
I agree with that. When we were originally talking about it, we just thought that excluding the autos really limited the amount of people/cars that could compete. Maybe it will end up being more work than anything else. I guess having the shootout once this way at least once is about the only way to find out.

Ricky
05-11-2011, 08:13 AM
no bikes? my bike hasnt made a 10.00 pass

slow ride
05-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Either way it's fun to go to this event and see all the different cars and combos run. Much more interesting than the run of the mill days at the track.

c_mart_28
05-11-2011, 08:38 AM
No bikes :) Sorry. Subies welcome, however!

Ricky
05-11-2011, 10:16 AM
No bikes :) Sorry. Subies welcome, however!

:( Blew up 3rd gear last weekend. Tranny almost out though but wont be ready for a few weeks im sure.

Drifte
05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I can do inspections, I wont be running anything so I will have an unbiased view.

On another note, the stickers are proving to be a PITA. Eventually here I will have them ordered though and let everyone know what the final cost is. Last place tried to charge me over $14 each.

OldSkoolRCR
05-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Your car ever run a 9.99 or faster?

Hummmmm...I dont remember

daves72dart
05-12-2011, 04:42 AM
what do you guys consider a street car.i have never raced my car. but it has a roll cage and no wipers.it should run low 11s with the heads that are on it now.if i put the trickflow heads on.it should run in the 10s.

c_mart_28
05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Sounds like that would be fine. "Streetcar" is pretty loosely defined for this event. We just don't want a bunch of 9 second cars to come in.and sandbag to the win. Hopefully it will be super competative across the board, like last year.

slo4cyl
05-12-2011, 08:35 AM
Sounds like that would be fine. "Streetcar" is pretty loosely defined for this event. We just don't want a bunch of 9 second cars to come in.and sandbag to the win. Hopefully it will be super competative across the board, like last year.

I agree, his car sounds fine. I like the "streetcar" being pretty loose for this event, but like everything else Im sure there will have to be a line drawn some where.

daves72dart
05-12-2011, 04:52 PM
my stang is what i would call a race car thats driven on the street.everything that can be taken off is off it even has a tin dash.i would not want to show up and people get pissed off and say its not a street car.

allgo
05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
no matter what poeple are going to bitch...

daves72dart
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
ya thats what i dont want.it starts being a pain in the ass.

c_mart_28
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah you're probably right. One thing that is nice though is that I don't think we've really deviated from the original script too much. The rules and guidelines on page 1 still hold true for the most part.

Lee_MA61
05-12-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm in,

Leon Wilson
84' Celica Supra

never made 9.99 pass in this car or any for that matter.. what happens if I do? Do you get DQ'd? Not saying I will just curious.

Domestic Disturbance
05-13-2011, 12:22 AM
I would imagine if you break out you are instantly DQ'd. Ya for the most part everyone here is pretty respectful as far as rules go. Just a good set of people who enjoy racing :cool:

Lee_MA61
05-13-2011, 01:17 AM
That's what I thought. I know I won't break out, just curious, for curious nature or something. This will be the first time to the track with this new setup. So It'll probably be really, slow anyways trying to shake it down. Can't wait for this event, sounds like you guys are a good group.

-Leon

Drifte
05-13-2011, 08:20 AM
People who break out can go on the Wall of "shame" as being to fast, haha. If you run faster than you expected you cant really be upset about it.

AutoMods
05-13-2011, 08:48 AM
we have discussed the fastest manual not having an et limit because as far as we know, nobody around here has a manual car that can break 9.99 .

c_mart_28
05-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm in,

Leon Wilson
84' Celica Supra

never made 9.99 pass in this car or any for that matter.. what happens if I do? Do you get DQ'd? Not saying I will just curious.
I think I remember seeing or hearing about your car a while back. Super duper clean if I remember right.. I look forward to seeing it at the track!

c_mart_28
05-13-2011, 09:07 AM
we have discussed the fastest manual not having an et limit because as far as we know, nobody around here has a manual car that can break 9.99 .

I heard theres this t56 turbo ls1 rx-7 that should be knocking on that 9.99 door..

Lee_MA61
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
I think I remember seeing or hearing about your car a while back. Super duper clean if I remember right.. I look forward to seeing it at the track!

probably it's been a long five year project, Just waiting on a wideband to show up now. Here's a picture from it's status a few weeks ago.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/MA61_Supra/2JZ-GTE%20build/1042.jpg

I can't wait to see what all you guys bring out!

-Leon

AutoMods
05-13-2011, 01:48 PM
I heard theres this t56 turbo ls1 rx-7 that should be knocking on that 9.99 door..

Naa, I'm about out of gear on the stock rear end unless I shift to 5th. The 4.10 rear is pretty worthless, 1st and 2nd go by quick, sucks for traction and keeping the turbo spooled. I'm also gambling on a non-forged ls1 as it is. Maybe next year.

Domestic Disturbance
05-14-2011, 01:09 AM
probably it's been a long five year project, Just waiting on a wideband to show up now. Here's a picture from it's status a few weeks ago.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/MA61_Supra/2JZ-GTE%20build/1042.jpg

I can't wait to see what all you guys bring out!

-Leon

I'm interested. I love Mkii's. Should post up some more info when you get the chance. Otherwise hope to see it at the track

Chase
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Im going to try to make this as well. Been a member on this site for like 5 years and don't think I have met any of you.

Though I think there is also a drift event on that date as well, so we will see :).

Ricky
05-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Im going to try to make this as well. Been a member on this site for like 5 years and don't think I have met any of you.

Though I think there is also a drift event on that date as well, so we will see :).

Member for 5 years and only 20 posts? not on much are you? lol

c_mart_28
05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Make sure and get signed up on this form:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOUFE6MQ#gid=0

I'll be calling the track in the next couple days to kinda give them a approximate car count and see what how they'll be willing to work with us for the event.

On that note, I might request that we get a couple of the staging lanes to ourselves. At least at specific times during the day. Anyone have any other ideas that may be worth requesting?

Drifte
05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
If its not an event packed day I think getting a staging lane should be easy and worthwhile.

c_mart_28
05-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Yep, there really isn't much else going on that day. I did call the track manager Dan to keep him in the loop. He indicated that he'd be able to call us up and give us our own lanes for staging during the day without too much difficulty.

Chase
05-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Member for 5 years and only 20 posts? not on much are you? lol

haha, I was S13Kid before the new forum. But I never liked my username so I just made a new account.

I don't really post to much though, your right.

Domestic Disturbance
05-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Casey your link isn't working for me

c_mart_28
05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Casey your link isn't working for me

Fixed. I think.

Thanks for the heads up.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dEpQcUg4dVB6M01QelNUbF9NT3NOUFE6MQ#gid=0

Domestic Disturbance
05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
No prob. I was trying to open it to fill it out. I hope they don't follow that too strictly, as I may possibly spray it.

Batwood
05-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm out.
Junkyard motor took a shit, trans that got rebuilt 300 miles ago was taking a shit, turbo might have taken a shit.

I could bring the F150 and most likely take the "Slowest ET" trophey on a legit balls out pass.

c_mart_28
05-21-2011, 10:45 AM
^^ sorry to hear it man.

I hope to see it go at some point..

Batwood
05-21-2011, 11:32 AM
^^ sorry to hear it man.

I hope to see it go at some point..

You won't. I parted it out.

LS2 CTS-V is in my future I HOPE.

c_mart_28
05-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeesh that was quick..

snickerlicker
05-21-2011, 01:32 PM
You won't. I parted it out.

LS2 CTS-V is in my future I HOPE.

Good choice!!

BGjohnson
05-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Just an FYI guys.

I am the creator of the trophies. The biggest break/failure is done, 11 second award, 12 second award, and the RPM award or fastest manually shifted car award should be done today.

Some trophies will be functional, but they are all handmade mostly out of sheet metal and spare parts. I'm not a metal fab guru or anything, but I have about 3 hours on each trophy at average. I think everybody will like them.

AutoMods
05-21-2011, 03:28 PM
thats too bad batwood, the car was different. i was hoping to see it running harder then last year. ohh well

bgjohnson, thanks so much for working on the trophies, i've seen pictures and they look great.

c_mart_28
05-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Just an FYI guys.

I am the creator of the trophies. The biggest break/failure is done, 11 second award, 12 second award, and the RPM award or fastest manually shifted car award should be done today.

Some trophies will be functional, but they are all handmade mostly out of sheet metal and spare parts. I'm not a metal fab guru or anything, but I have about 3 hours on each trophy at average. I think everybody will like them.

And because BGJohnson has so blatantly missed the obligitory introduction portion of being a new member, I'll do his intro for him:

His name is Chris.
He enjoys long walks on the beach with that special someone. Usually of the male variety.
Holding hands in the moonlight is maybe his favorite activity.
He has a high tenor singing voice.
And last, but not least, he owns 2 Mustangs.

I'm taking that directly from his DS.net bio.

Welcome to IAF Chris :)

Domestic Disturbance
05-21-2011, 05:56 PM
He enjoys long walks on the beach with that special someone. Usually of the male variety.

)

I'll be your trophy ;)

BGjohnson
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I figure I would just become a troll and make Casey question his sexual orientation constantly.

The stick shift trophy is almost done, not to dissapoint but it's only a 4 spd. ;)

OldSkoolRCR
05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Just be sure to spell (Allison)'s name correctly on her winning trophy. You all get ready to get a lane!!! 10.0 cut off correct?

c_mart_28
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Scratch that.

Not worth it.

Run whatever you want.

OldSkoolRCR
05-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Scratch that.

Not worth it.

Run whatever you want.

EASY there....dont get worried, just having a little fun with ya.

Lee_MA61
05-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm interested. I love Mkii's. Should post up some more info when you get the chance. Otherwise hope to see it at the track

Well it's a USDM 2JZ-GTE swapped 5 year project, with nearly everything I could get for it. This first year out will be a shake down year running low boost (Black spring on HKS). I know that's a long shake down, but I want to be safe as it's been a while since I've driven it. Last an fittings and datalogger show up tomorrow. So I should have a couple good weeks to break her in. I can't sleep I'm so excited.

I'll post a build thread on here in the next day or two.

I can't wait to see these trophies that BGjohnson has crafted. They already sound 100 times better then your standard copy and paste trophy. :cool:

AutoMods
06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
should we just make this event an official IAF gathering day also?

Maybe someone who is just going to watch can do some grilling? I'll have enough on my plate so I can't do it but if someone wants to step up and organize something else like a grill out go ahead.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Just out of curiosity, would the Chrysler Conquest be considered an Import or a Domestic?

i HIGHLY doubt it, BUT, if I get my new clutch in and exhaust put on, I might go for shits and giggles. see if I can't pull a 14 or something. lol

AutoMods
06-02-2011, 02:47 PM
That'd be Import/Sport Compact class, you should come

Drifte
06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
should we just make this event an official IAF gathering day also?

Maybe someone who is just going to watch can do some grilling? I'll have enough on my plate so I can't do it but if someone wants to step up and organize something else like a grill out go ahead.

Im in the planning stages of success.111

c_mart_28
06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
^^ lol. Sounds like a well thought out plan. I like it.

c_mart_28
06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Ryan, you get that LS cammed yet?

AutoMods
06-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Ryan, you get that LS cammed yet?

Yea I bought this new bad ass cam. suppose to make crazy power, titanium lobes. check this out

http://importevolution.com/product_info.php?products_id=4690

c_mart_28
06-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Lol. Gosh with a name like that its got to be radical. Remember, its a streetcar shootout Ryan, no race cars :)

Drifte
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
hah, BC makes ls1 cams now, with special powers too.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Depending on how much money I blow at the gun show tomorrow and whether or not I get Continental Terrace all painted in time, I might try to make it. I don't get paid until the job is finished, 9 apartment buildings takes some time! LOL Although someone is SUPPOSE to be buying my truck tomorrow for $2500 which would be more than enough for the clutch/exhaust... then I am also moving to Palo next weekend...

So, depending on how all of that works out, I might try to make it. Not sure if I will be running anything but it would be nice to actually make it to an IAF gathering! I went to the picnic at coralville a couple/few years back it when it was WINDY and FREEZING so it kinda sucked and I only hung out for like 30 minutes or so.

AutoMods
06-02-2011, 08:47 PM
didn't you just move to fairfax?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-03-2011, 06:46 AM
didn't you just move to fairfax?

Shop is in fairfax, house is on 33rd ave, over by Wal-Mart... Did not know they where widening the street when we moved in there. house is awesome but the front door is no like 10ft from a super busy 4 lane road, back yard is a 60*+ incline and nowhere near big enough. The house we are suppose to move into in Fairfax is not going to happen because her grandpa doesn't know anything about privacy/personal space.

sparkles
06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
I hate moving....

sLoWnStEaDy
06-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I hate moving....

me too! This is my 5th move in the last 4 years... the house is easy, moving all the garage shit is what I hate! I am planning on this being my last move until I buy a house. Her grandpa gave us the 33rd ave house but after living there only a few months, they started tearing shit up and we hated it. Then they offered us the house right next to my shop out in Fairfax but we are not getting along to great with her grandpa ever since her grandma died so we decided against that. Shit just keeps not going quite right for one reason or another! LOL I have a shit ton of money saved up for a down payment on house though, just have to find the right one...

ANYWAYS, back on topic, I do plan to be there, just not sure if I will be making any passes.

slo4cyl
06-03-2011, 08:38 AM
http://importevolution.com/product_info.php?products_id=4690

That is awesome! lol

AutoMods
06-03-2011, 10:12 AM
That is awesome! lol

Would you like a cmart_dominator cam for your 4g63 ? We have a whole lineup of cmart_dominator products coming out like cams, turbos, transmissions, etc

sparkles
06-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Do you have Cmart Dominator series Vtak cams for a Briggs & Straton? Grass is growing like crazy and my little 21" could use a little boost.

AutoMods
06-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Do you have Cmart Dominator series Vtak cams for a Briggs & Straton? Grass is growing like crazy and my little 21" could use a little boost.

We could make one, we need to find out what mower casey has first, so we can one up him

slo4cyl
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Would you like a cmart_dominator cam for your 4g63 ? We have a whole lineup of cmart_dominator products coming out like cams, turbos, transmissions, etc

You told me those were cmart_dominator cams!

sparkles
06-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Shit's gonna be crazy. Lawnmower is gonna be doin wheelies, sucking the moles right outta the ground. Sweet.

c_mart_28
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
I use a 12 hp dixon ztr.

Get a lane! Or a lawn!

sparkles
06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
My Agco Allis does wheelies...literally. Hydrostat. Yeah, do something!!!! ;)

c_mart_28
06-03-2011, 10:02 PM
On a more serious note...

Looks like I'll be racing on my 18" Nitto dr's. Honestly if I manage to get into the 10's I'll be real happy.

I can't justify spending like $400 on a set of tires I'll use once.

AutoMods
06-04-2011, 12:09 AM
are your tires from last year worn out? i thought et streets were like $150 each last year when i bought them but i just looked and they are around $200 each now. did the price of tires go up from last year?

c_mart_28
06-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Yeah the drive to and from the track last year pretty much did those in. They were showing cords by the time I got home.

If any one has any, i'd gladly rent them.

If not though, its ok. One of my goals with the car was 10's on an 18" radial.

AutoMods
06-04-2011, 09:37 AM
so did you buy a set of full slicks, non dot?