PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Street Car Shootout, Saturday 6/18/2011 at CFR !!

Pages : 1 [2]

c_mart_28
06-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Yep. 28x10.5 stiff sidewalls.

Domestic Disturbance
06-04-2011, 01:16 PM
just cut some grooves in them

c_mart_28
06-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Lol. And grind down the "drag" on the tire..
I'll do it if it'll pass!

OldSkoolRCR
06-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Yep. 28x10.5 stiff sidewalls.

I thought it was a DOT tire required race? So I took my slicks off, all good... listen for the purge!

Domestic Disturbance
06-05-2011, 01:13 PM
He just said he'll be running his 18 inch radials jigga

AutoMods
06-12-2011, 07:25 PM
anyone going to be video recording ? anyone talk to anita lately?

StreetSweeper
06-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I talk to her yesterday, she also told me Robs account is locked out and so is her account. ?? Wad up ryan?

Drifte
06-13-2011, 08:53 AM
I'll do some video, I know my battery wont last the full day. I lost my tri-pod and could use one though. I know a few friends with go-pros but for the most part you need mounts ready to go.

AutoMods
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
I talk to her yesterday, she also told me Robs account is locked out and so is her account. ?? Wad up ryan?

I haven't done anything with the account. Maybe she forgot the password and tried too many times and it will lock her out for a day. Try again or reset the password. The email registered on the account is rnrpalmer1@mchsi.com. As for her personal account, I would need to be reminded the username for me to look up that one.

DustinsDuster
06-13-2011, 07:46 PM
just curious if anyone has talked about protocol if we get rained out on Saturday? just saying, the weather doesnt look promising as of now.

LT1Dan
06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
just curious if anyone has talked about protocol if we get rained out on Saturday? just saying, the weather doesnt look promising as of now.

Not that I want it to rain but if it were to be delayed it would help me out. I've ran into a few problems trying to get mine going for this weekend. I'm cutting it pretty close right now. I'll be at the track either way though.

c_mart_28
06-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah that was one of the reasons for an early June date. No specific make-up date but we'll have options at least.

Scott
06-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Soooo.. Is my GF allowed to race or what?

AutoMods
06-14-2011, 12:23 AM
your termi or the low 8 sec car?

black88gt
06-14-2011, 07:45 AM
since theres already a racecar crashing a streetcar event scott should be able to drive whatever he wants.

Drifte
06-14-2011, 08:50 AM
hah. Why dont I just enter my bike in the 12sec bracket now.

stangvortech
06-14-2011, 09:36 AM
since theres already a racecar crashing a streetcar event scott should be able to drive whatever he wants.

like button!~

allgo
06-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Im trying to figure out how eds car is a drag car? Help me please,

black88gt
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM

i didnt name any names, how did you come up with Ed im curious

c_mart_28
06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Joe your memory is terrible. You might want to get that checked out.

Less than a month ago you were calling my ac/ps/pb/full stereo/full weight/stock motor'd car a race car.

Weird that Ed's car is less of a race car than mine.

allgo
06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
i didnt name any names, how did you come up with Ed im curious

Its pretty much what everyone is bitching about..lol

Scott
06-14-2011, 01:08 PM
your termi or the low 8 sec car?

Termi? sounds like a sesami street character if you ask me!!!

Dont worry guys I wont be bringing the fast car, needs a 25.5 cage put in it LOL... I'll probably just hang out and have a few waters, relax at the strip for once

JacobS
06-14-2011, 01:18 PM
ill be there watching, i wont be bringing the honda though...

Drifte
06-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Termi? sounds like a sesami street character if you ask me!!!

Dont worry guys I wont be bringing the fast car, needs a 25.5 cage put in it LOL... I'll probably just hang out and have a few waters, relax at the strip for once

Speaking of sesame st. What part of this doesnt belong?

JacobS
06-14-2011, 01:29 PM
um....the whole "have a few waters" statement?

black88gt
06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
um....the whole "have a few waters" statement?

beer is mostly water

Scott
06-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta stay hydrated!! I just wanted that monster trohpy dammit!!!!! Maybe he'll make one similar or even bigger for the 10.5 championship I can shoot for???

stangvortech
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Here ya go.

1. Runs 10.5 DRAG Racing(the cars only job)
2. Pulls the wheels 5 feet of the ground
3. Cage / Certified for 9’s at the drag strip
4. Slicks 99.9% has drag rims can’t drive in the rain(skinnys )
5. Dose not even own a non drag rim/ street style rim
6. Trans brake
7. Trailer ever where
8. Ac?
9. Ps?
10. Race gas?
11. Etc………..

Joe you should bring the 04, just put a 12in pulley on the ysi.
lol

sorry, I had to. dont take it wrong way.

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
WHAT a bunch of WHINNING Lil BITCHES we have here, For all of your info I am being allowed to race because it was Robs! rerquest before he passed, as for street car I can drive my car any place I want, I choose to trailer it to the track, It has 93 pump in the tank, a DOT approved slick, but what gets me the most is I am only allowed to run N/A but C-marts car is boosted, Ryans rx7 boosted, other N20 cars will be there as long as they dont go 9.99 or faster... WTF, so take the turbos and what ever off and run N/A with me, but since you few need to bitch heres the new plan, the race is a 10.0 index street tire, so thats the rules, as for the NO! N20 shove it up your ass get a lane and race your race, so for all your whinners I hope your cars run 10.0 because my car runs that on the small jets, So any you clowns got a problem with it bring it to my attention at the track, I never had any intention of spraying the car, I was going to have fun in Robs honor, and funnier yet I was going to have Allison drive FUNNY scared of a girl, which she still will, but if it comes down to C-mart/Ryan or any other N20 cars paired up with my Z, Im driving and spraying right to a 10.0, so GOOD LUCK!!!!

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 06:55 PM
hah. Why dont I just enter my bike in the 12sec bracket now.

Bring the bike, I will have a stock W/B busa brought to the track and we can race N/A even...lol

c_mart_28
06-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Nah. Not happening. Sorry man. Your complete arguement is invalid and ridiculous.

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Nah. Not happening. Sorry man. Your complete arguement is invalid and ridiculous.

Which part exactly!!!! Well see how it works out for ya!!! Heck spray your car also 2 poweradders vs my small 1

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 07:03 PM
The rules are the rules correct? Street Tire/10.0 index, seems pretty clear to me, so whats your issue?

c_mart_28
06-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Do I honestly have to explain it?

You have a very fast car. Low 9's on the bottle.

You're trying to imply that my power adder is the same as your power adder. 1 to 1. So, in theory, my wife's mazdaspeed 3 would be a fair race.

We stated that you cannot be in this competition if you have run a 9.99 or faster, ever. There was an exception made for you because of your relationship with Rob to race, no bottle in your car and lines capped off. I can show you the private messages that were exchanged in the first place which allowed you in the competition based upon those guidelines.

You are turning what is a fun, competitive event which should be anybody's race into who can sandbag the most efficiently and basically turn it into a bracket race.

I just don't understand what the big deal about it is to you. I mean, according to your philosophy, we might as well invite Torrey or any turbo car similar and just have him turn down the boost. Same difference, right?

Last year's event was awesome because it was so close, and I'm honestly super bummed that Joe won't be able to race this year because if a race was lost to him, at least it would be fair and square.

So, my final opinion is that you can race, no bottle, capped off lines and an inspection. If it is to be otherwise, count me out.

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
See ya Sat, Oh and call Torrey I got balls I will race him also, Im not scared to lose...lol Just tired of the haters, since I dont drive my camaro to work in the rain/snow its a DRAG car...But I suppose U can't fix STUPID as they say.

Domestic Disturbance
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Ed no one here is whiney but you kept pushing the point of spraying until people were unsure if it was sarcastic or if you were trying to get away with it. All you silly goons meet at the track it'd be a completely different atmosphere but the internet miscontrues everything. End of the day though a car thats been slowed down to run a 10.0 on that bottle... boring. There's actually bracket racing for that.

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 07:47 PM
NEVER had any intention of spraying the car, was just messing with C-mart, I even stated many times Allison would drive the car also. Heck I may just stay home and work...lol

DustinsDuster
06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
i can see light at both ends of the tunnel. Ed, i wont call your car a drag car, but you can't deny it's pretty much purpose-built to run at the strip with a little bit of street time. does that make it a racecar? not in my eyes, but it kinda does go against the idea of the shootout i think. everyone could nitpick rules and sway the argument their way. you know me, i'm just here for a good time, and don't care enough about it to take a strong stance either way. i can see why the other guys who are bringing their full-time street cars that see 10x as many street miles as track miles unhappy to have to race against a (for all intents and purposes) bracket car thats been tuned to run 10.0 every time. Rob did want you to race (as do i), but i do remember him saying specifically "i have no problem with Ed running on just the motor". in the end, its not my call, and i would love to see you there doing Rob proud- i just think we need to find some common ground that we can all be content with.

OldSkoolRCR
06-14-2011, 07:53 PM
i can see light at both ends of the tunnel. Ed, i wont call your car a drag car, but you can't deny it's pretty much purpose-built to run at the strip with a little bit of street time. does that make it a racecar? not in my eyes, but it kinda does go against the idea of the shootout i think. everyone could nitpick rules and sway the argument their way. you know me, i'm just here for a good time, and don't care enough about it to take a strong stance either way. i can see why the other guys who are bringing their full-time street cars that see 10x as many street miles as track miles unhappy to have to race against a (for all intents and purposes) bracket car thats been tuned to run 10.0 every time. Rob did want you to race (as do i), but i do remember him saying specifically "i have no problem with Ed running on just the motor". in the end, its not my call, and i would love to see you there doing Rob proud- i just think we need to find some common ground that we can all be content with.

Dustin will you be drinking a few suds at this event? Also good reply.

black88gt
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
i can see light at both ends of the tunnel. Ed, i wont call your car a drag car, but you can't deny it's pretty much purpose-built to run at the strip with a little bit of street time. Does that make it a racecar? Not in my eyes, but it kinda does go against the idea of the shootout i think. Everyone could nitpick rules and sway the argument their way. You know me, i'm just here for a good time, and don't care enough about it to take a strong stance either way. I can see why the other guys who are bringing their full-time street cars that see 10x as many street miles as track miles unhappy to have to race against a (for all intents and purposes) bracket car thats been tuned to run 10.0 every time. Rob did want you to race (as do i), but i do remember him saying specifically "i have no problem with ed running on just the motor". In the end, its not my call, and i would love to see you there doing rob proud- i just think we need to find some common ground that we can all be content with.

qft^^

sparkles
06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm kinda with Dustin on this one, but at the end of the day, the whole "what is a street car and what is a race car" debate is like arguing the chicken and the egg.

Ed-everyone, including you, knows that your car is a purpose built car, with that purpose being for racing...PERIOD. You can argue it all day long if going against that benefits you somehow, but in the end, you surely know that comparing your car to Casey's car is just plain stupid. The guy drives it around everywhere on the street, AC blasting, and filling up with cheap pump gas. THAT is what, in a round about way, this get together was organized for. Which brings me to another thing.

We're not looking at this event, along with this topic of debate, with everything surrounding it being put on the table. Here are the facts:

Rob organized a MANUAL Runoff. Not a bracket race or anything else. That was his thing, pride, and joy. Which I personally think is awesome and a great idea. Keep in mind though, THIS event wasn't set up for just the manual trans race. READ THE TITLE! Last I checked, it says "Iowa STREET Car Shootout", not "All you CR guys bring your 10.5 car out" If you really wanna get to the beans of the deal, this event was a brainchild by the guys at DS with Casey being the guy to really push to get something set up for the local car forums and people for ALL of Iowa to come. THIS WAS BEFORE ROB PASSED. Now, don't take this as I'm being disrespectful, but this event is an event which should have a connotation of Rob being remembered, NOT it's sole purpose for being put on. Originally, this was for all of us to get together, put some faces with some names, and have a good time with a little friendly rivalry. Frankly sir, your attitude seems like it's not in the most friendly of intentions. I understand the whole competition thing and always having that mindset, but if you're act and talk like you have been, seems to me you got 2 choices.

1. Accept the criticism
2. Shut up and find a manual street car to race with.

sparkles
06-14-2011, 08:20 PM
or....
3. Exhibition passes all freaking day.

DustinsDuster
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Dustin will you be drinking a few suds at this event? Also good reply.

yeah, the truck won't be there this weekend, so i'll be having a few beers. we'll see, if i can catch a ride with someone, the flask might even make an appearence....

stangvortech
06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
hahaha wow

StreetSweeper
06-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Well lets see the silver car has no way low 9s in it. it is not purpose built for 10.5 thats what the black car is for and last time i checkd the silver car ran on pump gas and does not have a 9.99 certified cage in it! I guess we can move on to the next excuse???? I will throw the ET's on my car and come whoop all your asses N/A if you cant get it together, and Rob happens to ride in my car every pass so im sure he would love to tag along!

Drifte
06-15-2011, 07:27 AM
yeah, the truck won't be there this weekend, so i'll be having a few beers. we'll see, if i can catch a ride with someone, the flask might even make an appearence....

Maybe we can all ride up together, as long as theres room for the cooler.

And Ed, bring the bike! I havent seen that in years, didnt even know you still had it.

c_mart_28
06-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Got my helmet, swingouts, and baby seat in the back of the car!

I'm ready to race!

AutoMods
06-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Got my helmet, swingouts, and baby seat in the back of the car!

I'm ready to race!

lucky you, i'll still be messing with last minute stuff all the way to saturday i'm sure. upgraded from 60lb injectors to 80'lbers tonight to handle the e85. finished installing the 5 point harness. still have lots of tuning to do and some interior to put back. i'll be done just at 3am the night before with the car running great at the last minute in true tuner fasion.

slo4cyl
06-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I'll be right there with you Ryan, hopefully my car is 100%. I still gotta try a different coil pack and get my new valve cover done

sparkles
06-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Post some pics of your progress with the interior Ryan. Anxious to see how it turns out.

c_mart_28
06-16-2011, 10:56 AM
When I win this thing i'm considering having the trophy tacked to my hood like an ornament . Its gonna be sweet!

buzzbig1
06-16-2011, 04:04 PM
How come CFR website says gates open at 1 racing at 2?..

c_mart_28
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Uhm. Good catch. This must've been a moderately recent change to the schedule.

So, I hope this doesn't cause too much of a problem for everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience.

snickerlicker
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
I think you mean rain starts at 1:00.....

BGjohnson
06-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Some peeps are leaving around 9 am at the Burger King across from the Bosselmans. Everybody is welcome to tag along, more the merrier!

AutoMods
06-16-2011, 07:15 PM
I talked to Dan @ CFR, he said Gates are Open 1pm, running at 2pm. They will be open until at least 6 . Get there early and have your car ready , inspected, buy your race gas, etc and do your test runs right away. As for when the elimination runs start, our shootout will have its own two lanes and Dan will make sure that we get all the cars ran in time. Keep your timeslips and come back to the pits and give us your times so we can write it down.

AutoMods
06-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Also Dan wants the word "Rob" on every car shootout car, for identification reasons

slo4cyl
06-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I hate to say this but my car wont be making it unless I can get parts and tool from cr by tomorrow night and pull a all nighter. I have to pull the head and change some valves. At the same time Im wondering if i should even worry about it with all this chance of rain. I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

TbTalon94
06-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Dont think my SS will be making it either. May have it sold and don't want to take the risk of sOmething going wrong.

AutoMods
06-16-2011, 09:49 PM
brent, well if it does rain out at least your car will be fixed :)

trevor didn't you promise the last owner you would make a pass with nitrous??? Do it for Rob!!

Stutz
06-16-2011, 11:19 PM
I need to rig up my headlight cover so it isnt flapping around and hopefully the parts i ordered come tomorrow or early saturday. Also pray i dont have to work saturday

TbTalon94
06-17-2011, 06:18 AM

trevor didn't you promise the last owner you would make a pass with nitrous??? Do it for Rob!!

Definatly won't be running it with Spray if I do go. Too much of a risk to break something when it's sold lol.

BTW...come get this 4" pipe I have.

AutoMods
06-17-2011, 07:18 AM
you have the pipe at your work or at brad's?

TbTalon94
06-17-2011, 08:34 AM
In my SS, at work...

slo4cyl
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM

I could have it done for tomorrow if I could get some help from the cr area and get the tool and parts I need. Ryan had the parts I need and David has the tool I need I believe. Anyone interested in helping out? Ill provide beer and burgers!

c_mart_28
06-17-2011, 09:35 AM
C'mon guys! Help him out!

AutoMods
06-17-2011, 04:23 PM
anybody going to have some air available if i need some for the Mickey's ??? also if anyone has some ngk tr6 plugs, throw them in your toolbox just in case. i ordered some but didn't get them yet.

ashanson
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I will probably be there, I haven't drag raced in 4 years so we'll see how bad I do haha.

icwicked
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
i was hoping to be there but my car is in Chicago and wont be ready for another week or so. :(

JustinS
06-17-2011, 06:49 PM
I will probably be there, I haven't drag raced in 4 years so we'll see how bad I do haha.

You should make an intro thread and post up what you own!

slo4cyl
06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Well the head is almost off in a hour, I'm on my way back from gettin parts. Big thanks Ryan and Colton for parts and to wes for meeting me halfway. Should be good to go unless I find somethin else wrong.

c_mart_28
06-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear it!

Now I just hope I have enough to hold you off!

slo4cyl
06-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't think you have much to worry about, I haven't made a clean pass yet...

OldSkoolRCR
06-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Well Im ready, bottles filled, bottle warmer in trailer...going to be a SPRAYING day, who gets the first bottle full?

AutoMods
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
for those of you who don't know any of us, you can look for me

http://www.importevolution.com/temp/trailer.jpg

StreetSweeper
06-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Ryan skinnies for the front and that bitch will look sick!

BGjohnson
06-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Horribly late notice, but we are leaving around 10:45 now at the bk.

LT1Dan
06-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Some Cedar Rapids guys are meeting at the gas station in Hiawatha across from CR Toyota. Meet around 11-1130, leave by 12 at the latest.

OldSkoolRCR
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I think everyone should take a close look at the weather radar. BAD weather entering DesMoines right now heading towards CFR, within the next 4-5hrs.

Batwood
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.kcrg.com/weather/popup?img=http://kcrg.bimedia.net/Radar/Live_Radar_640.gif&w=600&h=408&id=Radar+Loop

AutoMods
06-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Sat
Jun 18
12 pm

75° F
Precip:
10%

1 pm

76° F
Precip:
25%

2 pm

79° F
Precip:
50%

3 pm

80° F
Precip:
15%

4 pm

81° F
Precip:
10%

5 pm

81° F
Precip:
40%

6 pm

80° F
Precip:
40%

7 pm

79° F
Precip:
40%

AutoMods
06-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Well I don't like to see 40% chance of rain later in the day. but that does means odds are 60% no rain!

icwicked
06-18-2011, 12:55 PM
good luck guys!

Deimos
06-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Congrats Ed

c_mart_28
06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Cograts Ed. That's one cool trophy.

Bummed about it not coming down to us in the finals. Had an awesome time anyways!

Thanks to everyone that came out!

StreetSweeper
06-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Wish I could have made it.. I know rob was watching from above!! Glad we could bring home the trophy!! Eddy b racing.ftw!!!

Deimos
06-18-2011, 07:24 PM
who was fastest manual?

c_mart_28
06-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I was. 10.57@129. 1.47 60' on literally 11 year old tires I bought on craigslist :)

Bested Ryan's 10.58. Smoked him :)

Domestic Disturbance
06-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Haha congrats guys. Amazing that the weather held out. Nice seeing everyone show up and putting some faces with people.

BTW anyone know what the DA was today?

LT1Dan
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Rob kept the weather clear for us today! Congrats to Eddy B AKA "Allison" on the taking home the big trophy and everyone else that snagged one!

OldSkoolRCR
06-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Cograts Ed. That's one cool trophy.

Bummed about it not coming down to us in the finals. Had an awesome time anyways!

Thanks to everyone that came out!

Thank you.. I about shit when I seen your light go Red, I thought WTF...either way was fun, good turn out.

OldSkoolRCR
06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Rob kept the weather clear for us today! Congrats to Eddy B AKA "Allison" on the taking home the big trophy and everyone else that snagged one!

Little did Allison know she was racing today...lol

ashanson
06-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Had a great time today, it was nice meeting you guys. Wished I could have made a few more passes but I'm glad the car got me home without any more trouble.

c_mart_28
06-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Thank you.. I about shit when I seen your light go Red, I thought WTF...either way was fun, good turn out.

Yeah..I was not happy about that. Just goes to show anything can happen at the drag strip!

slo4cyl
06-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Congrats everyone, I wish i could have had my car there, but it was sure fun to watch!

c_mart_28
06-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Thought the air felt gross today..DA was at 2965 at 3:55 pm. Hard to make some new personal bests when you're driving through soup!

MustangSally
06-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Congrats to Ed and the other trophy winners ! Thank you all for making this day a day to remember and running a good race for Rob..... I know he's giving "thumbs up " to ya all.
It was nice and I had fun as did my families that were there with me.

GOOD JOB EVERYONE !

allgo
06-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Congrats to edddyyyy b

FiFdYnUtZ
06-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol not bad for a street car vs.. A DRAG car

Stutz
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Congrats to everyone that won, i was up all night drinking/working on the ta ended up being too tired and i figured it would be rained out

OldSkoolRCR
06-19-2011, 08:17 AM
All them people there and no pics or Vids???? C'Mon!

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 09:59 AM
uploads from my wife's camera

http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9116.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9118.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9119.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9120.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9121.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9122.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9123.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9124.jpg

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 10:03 AM
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9125.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9126.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9127.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9128.jpg
my daughter was a bit scared until Brian Bowers gave her the head set
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9130.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9131.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9132.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9133.jpg

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
I will upload videos later. Sorry I was pretty busy all day, I didn't get to talk much or watch people run. Had to finish my car and tuning as well as help run the event and then fix my coolant leak.

Drifte
06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
So anyone take home the broken award? Eric and I left early hoping to dodge the rain, and it worked.

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 10:13 AM
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9136.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9137.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9138.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9140.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9144.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9145.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9146.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9147.jpg

LT1Dan
06-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Racecar!
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout002.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout011.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout009.jpg
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout007.jpg
Domesticdisturbance about to get tree'd
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout006.jpg
Cmart going wheels up
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout018.jpg
And Ryan winning the Worst Break Award
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout013.jpg

LT1Dan
06-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I have some videos also. Just need to find my cable for the camera...

JustinS
06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
What broke on the RB-powered 240sx?

Kicking myself for not being able to get the day off work!

LT1Dan
06-19-2011, 11:09 AM
What broke on the RB-powered 240sx?

Kicking myself for not being able to get the day off work!

I don't remember hearing about either of the 240s breaking?

JustinS
06-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Racecar!
And Ryan winning the Worst Break Award
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout013.jpg

This is why I thought the 240 broke.

I didn't see Ryan being pushed in the background lol.

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Racecar!

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/2011Shootout002.jpg

you bring the table, chairs, cooler, 5 gallon gas jug, coolant, and tools and jack next time and I'll drive it! thats a good picture on the move though. note the trailer is a uhaul rental. you can't have a trailer queen if you don't own a trailer.

nice pictures

OldSkoolRCR
06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Very nice guys and gal.

LT1Dan
06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Haha had to give you a hard time. I was actually surprised when we came up on you and it was on the trailer.

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Cobra made it there and back under its own power!

Had a brief scare not finding any E85 close to the track. I always use more racing than I think I will. I brought a 5 gallon jug with me but for whatever reason I didn't top it off before I left and it was only about half full. I had to pull over and put in a gallon or so in order to make it that gas station in Grundy Center called "the curve." Weird station in the middle of nowhere. Had e85, E40, and E30 at the pump. Can't wait to get my proEFI in. Just put in 91 pump and let the computer figure out the rest.

icwicked
06-19-2011, 01:27 PM
nice times casey.. wish i could of been there

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Had a brief scare not finding any E85 close to the track. I always use more racing than I think I will. I brought a 5 gallon jug with me but for whatever reason I didn't top it off before I left and it was only about half full. I had to pull over and put in a gallon or so in order to make it that gas station in Grundy Center called "the curve." Weird station in the middle of nowhere. Had e85, E40, and E30 at the pump. Can't wait to get my proEFI in. Just put in 91 pump and let the computer figure out the rest.

you notice any wear on those tires driving 4 hours on them plus 5 passes? i feel sorry for your car when you launch, its seems pretty harsh, u just drop the clutch? what kind of clutch is that ?

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
No I switched out to my rear street wheels and tires. Wearing them down to cords last year taught me a lesson.

allgo
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
What was some of the times people ran??and mph

DustinsDuster
06-19-2011, 03:35 PM
i think Casey said his quickest pass was 10.57, and Ryan's was 10.58. Ed was pulling 11.1-11.3's all day i think, and i believe he pulled an 11.0 in the final. Chekal's car was running in the 11.2 range, and i believe BGJohnson's hatch was running in the high 11's all day. those were the more memorable ones i remember seeing.

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Yep, 10.57@129 with a 1.47 60'. On 11 year old craigslist tires.

And Ryan, yeah I pretty much just drop it at 5700 rpm or so. Somewhere around there. Clutch is a spec stage 3+. Not bad for like a $350 clutch :)

Trust me, I feel bad for the car too. I typically apologize to the car and thank it for the ride as I'm shutting down. Really. I don't plan on making any more track visits this year.

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh and Joe, that 10.57 was ran with my son's childseat in the back. I was hoping you would be there to see that. Family car racing.

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I believe Ryan trapped around 136 mph..

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
my wife thought this was casey's car but she was wrong
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9148.jpg
colton (drifte)
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9150.jpg
Dustin
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9152.jpg
suppose to wear a fire jacket now, makes me feel cool
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9156.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9157.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9158.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9159.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9160.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9164.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9170.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9172.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9174.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9177.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9178.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9180.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/IMG_9183.jpg

Garrett
06-19-2011, 06:18 PM
What did you break Ryan? Sorry I did not make it up, my Girlfriend was home from STL so I spent the day with her.

AutoMods
06-19-2011, 06:34 PM
nobody really broke anything so I got the award, my radiator filler neck or the cap had a small leak so I was dripping on the track and got disqualified and eliminated from the main bracket. I drained a couple inches of coolant out of the radiator and zip tied some paper towels around the cap and made two more passes after that. surpisingly my stock tii rear is holding still, although a lot of my launches were soft. At the end of the day I launched a little higher rpm and got a 1.67 60 foot and a 1.71

allgo
06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh and Joe, that 10.57 was ran with my son's childseat in the back. I was hoping you would be there to see that. Family car racing.

Wow you should be glad I wasnt there..it would have been ugly... what blower you have casey?

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Just the 2.3 Whipple. Considering something bigger at some point.

slow ride
06-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey that was New Hartford. You were only a few miles from my place then. They just put that pump in, but I'm pissed it doesn't have premium, just the different ethanol % fuels.

slow ride
06-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Ryan's car must be making some good power now. I'd say in good air with a 1.6 60 ft or less he would run mid/low 10's around 140. High 9"s isn't out of the question if the rear would take a really hard launch in the 1.4's. What were you seeing for boost levels Ryan? Any nock or fuel pressure problems?

Man I really look like a giant sloth compared to you damn midgets. Can't there be more than one 6ft + guy at the track :)

LT1Dan
06-19-2011, 08:27 PM
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/th_MAH00076.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/?action=view&current=MAH00076.mp4)

^Hopefully that works. I've never posted a video before. I also have Dustin's speech and the pass Rob's cars made if you guys want me to post those.

Excuse the shakiness, I was trying to hold a beer and I don't have a cam caddy. haha

ashanson
06-19-2011, 09:35 PM
I figured out the reverse light issue on my car, it's a symptom of the reverse gear solenoid going out. It can throw on the reverse lights and lock you out on quick upshifts from 2-3 and 4-5, so hopefully it's an easy fix.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Z06-driver-catches-during_134944.htm

OldSkoolRCR
06-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Nice vids.

c_mart_28
06-19-2011, 10:04 PM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/th_2011-06-18_15-17-03_717.jpg (http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb90/c_mart_28/?action=view&current=2011-06-18_15-17-03_717.mp4)

Not the best video (taken on my phone) but I thought it was quite the moment to see Rob's two cars going down the track.

StreetSweeper
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Post the speech vid Dan!

Scott
06-20-2011, 08:02 AM
I can remember a few points throughout the day where Im glad the camera wasnt out!! Glad Batwood's foot isnt broke either

Congrats Ed on the win!

and everyone else who made it, had some nice times and consistent runs from alot of cars. Dale was killing it in Robs 03 that was impressive for someone who hasnt been down the track before, and it was also way cool to see Anita make a run in the 2011. Dustin even got a few runs in it!

It was a awesome day at the track, thanks everyone!

oh yeah Ed I think I owe you a wash for the 4-wheeler

black88gt
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I figured out the reverse light issue on my car, it's a symptom of the reverse gear solenoid going out. It can throw on the reverse lights and lock you out on quick upshifts from 2-3 and 4-5, so hopefully it's an easy fix.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Z06-driver-catches-during_134944.htm

Thats good you got it figured out!

AutoMods
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
I thought jesse might surprise us and show up with the viper. Is that guy with the rb25 240sx on this forum? I need his username to send him the ImportEvolution gift certificate.

c_mart_28
06-20-2011, 01:05 PM
No I don't think he is. He's known as Darius on ds.net though. Real name is Matt.

FiFdYnUtZ
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyo@,ne got the videos of ed and I racing?

AutoMods
06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
i have lots of videos, i'll post them up tonight hopefully

FiFdYnUtZ
06-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Yep ed sprayed his nice Sec car to an 11.00 pass...duurrerrr

LT1Dan
06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Post the speech vid Dan!

I'll post it up once I get home from work tonight.

TbTalon94
06-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Ed did go 115...then 121 or something later in the day. Someone was draggin some sand bags lol.

Ah well, all good in fun..and i'm sure everyone had fun out there! We did just watching.

OldSkoolRCR
06-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Heard Ed sprayed.

Shit you busted me!!! Dam and to think, I thought I could get one pass you...STUPID ME!!!

OldSkoolRCR
06-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Ed did go 115...then 121 or something later in the day. Someone was draggin some sand bags lol.

Ah well, all good in fun..and i'm sure everyone had fun out there! We did just watching.

To be exact all my passes where 121.0-122.9 the 1 pass where it popped at the 1000' I lifted and ran a 11.30 @ 104mph, there where no 115mph passes.

OldSkoolRCR
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
To be specific he sprayed on you, as the rumor goes.

Everyone with 1/2 a functional brain, knows what my car runs on the bottle...

c_mart_28
06-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I believe Ed did not spray.

TbTalon94
06-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I stand corrected, i wasn't out there writing down all the times lol but i noticed one slower pass. Like i said all in good fun!

OldSkoolRCR
06-20-2011, 05:22 PM
I stand corrected, i wasn't out there writing down all the times lol but i noticed one slower pass. Like i said all in good fun!

Its all good Trevor, I was not calling you a lier, U where there all day watching, I was just posting the times...lol

LT1Dan
06-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Dustins speech before the event started.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/th_MAH00073.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/LT1Dan/?action=view&current=MAH00073.mp4)

OldSkoolRCR
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
i have lots of videos, i'll post them up tonight hopefully

WELL waiting...lol

allgo
06-20-2011, 07:45 PM
If edddyy b car ran 11.00 on spray he would junk it. the car should go 10.80s on motor..haters going to hate..

AutoMods
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
WELL waiting...lol

wife wants to watch a movie now, going to have to wait til tomorrow

FiFdYnUtZ
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM
hey dan, who was the fucking punk who was talking at the beginning of your vid of ed and I?

AutoMods
06-21-2011, 04:05 PM
deleted the transcript of the video. doesn't need to be repeated

LT1Dan
06-21-2011, 04:09 PM
deleted the transcript of the video. doesn't need to be repeated
? There was a transcript?

I talked to Fiddy about the video and I think everything is settled.

AutoMods
06-21-2011, 04:37 PM
? There was a transcript?

I talked to Fiddy about the video and I think everything is settled.

yea when i first watched the video i couldn't even hear what was said. but drifte figured it out and posted. but i'm not sure who said it but they probably were just joking around talking smack

FiFdYnUtZ
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah its all good Ryan..

sparkles
06-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Which video? Maybe I didn't look back far enough.

DustinsDuster
06-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Which video? Maybe I didn't look back far enough.

x2- maybe i'm just blind, but i'm not seeing that vid anywhere...

AutoMods
06-21-2011, 09:48 PM
video one is qualifying, video 2 is round 1 and 2. stay tuned tomorrow for the rest!

http://importevolution.com/temp/videos/2011_shootout/rp_2011_qualifying.wmv

http://importevolution.com/temp/videos/2011_shootout/rp_2001_round1_2.wmv

Drifte
06-22-2011, 08:44 AM
That Ford "Flex" Crossover has the Eco-Boost, thats awesome! Also Andys mustang pulling 135mph with out a launch is pretty cool. Someone help me make a gif from some of that video, I cant remember how.

black88gt
06-22-2011, 09:02 AM
The Flex blew my mind, I was expecting some 20s. Surprised me an ecoboost could propel that thing to a 14.7 iirc

AutoMods
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
flex is pretty fast for 4500lb's

Ricky
06-22-2011, 09:23 AM
i had a good time too. Finaly took the bike down the track a few times.
best time was 11.2 the other times were 11.3 all at 121mph...

I had one run where it popped out of 2nd and back to nutrual :( that run was a 11.7 @ 117 i think.

All in all i had a good time and then finaly got to drink some beer after we left the track so that was nice.

Drifte
06-22-2011, 11:03 AM
I waited about hmm 30 minutes before having a beer compliments of Trevors woman.

widebody91
06-22-2011, 02:26 PM
flex is pretty fast for 4500lb's

Actually, it's darn near 5k and probably over 5k with me in it with a half tank of gas.

Best was a 14.6 at upper 94's.

It WILL stomp all minivans for sure. :)

slo4cyl
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Also Andys mustang pulling 135mph with out a launch is pretty cool.

Yea I believe he had the nitrous off, I went for a ride after that pass and was more impressed with the 14.8@39 lol

AutoMods
06-22-2011, 11:25 PM
here is some more video that the wife recorded including the final race. a few test and tune runs may have sneaked in here. I have another video of the test and tune runs and the trophy ceremony i can post tomorrow.

http://importevolution.com/temp/videos/2011_shootout/final.wmv

TbTalon94
06-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Why can't you upload these videos to youtube like normal people?!?

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Is your Apple having trouble? youtube used to have a 10 minute limit, not sure if its higher now. just another step but i can upload it.

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 10:22 AM
My wife said Mauricio threatened some guy at the track and was up in his face? what was that about?

Scott
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
My wife said Mauricio threatened some guy at the track and was up in his face? what was that about?

Alcohol is what that was about!!

TbTalon94
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Is your Apple having trouble? youtube used to have a 10 minute limit, not sure if its higher now. just another step but i can upload it.

Don't use an Apple at work. EVERYTHING is blocked here except youtube.

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I was cleaning up my PM box and ran into some old planning notes. interesting fact....we were considering running the shootout during cooler weather on sept 24th but Trevor and Dustin's weddings are on that day so we moved it for you two. Next year we have to run in some cool dry air.

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
i didn't get to watch at all but it seemed like if us Rob shootout guys weren't there, the track would've been very slow on that day

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
trophy handouts video. are you guys able to download this at a decent speed? It was 600mb large off my camera but I think youtube compresses it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh1D5EbxAkc

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
dude your going to get banned again if you don't tame it down

c_mart_28
06-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Sorry I wasn't more eloquent in my speech..

I would have liked to have said more to Anita and family about Rob but didn't feel it was my place not knowing him as well as most everyone else.

icwicked
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Do these shootouts happen often?

c_mart_28
06-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Once a year..hopefully every year.

AutoMods
06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
once a year, just like the super bowl, can't have too much of a good thing. start planning for 2012

Domestic Disturbance
06-24-2011, 12:18 AM
the fluffy guy in the judge shirt wins the award for cuteness

Ricky
06-24-2011, 08:07 AM

just a big teddy bear

AutoMods
06-24-2011, 10:07 AM

fluffy's get all the love

http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/25451/tn-500_oscarssdb_0133927.jpg

AutoMods
06-24-2011, 10:17 AM
here is some misc passes, this is the last video I have. my best pass is last, I closed down the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwXVX96FUWA

AutoMods
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
casey, how come your car ran a bit faster last year? I know the DA wasn't good but last year I think the DA was worse.

Domestic Disturbance
06-28-2011, 02:47 AM
1:55 on that last vid is my quickest time to date. almost 5 years well spent there

AutoMods
06-28-2011, 06:26 AM
1:55 on that last vid is my quickest time to date. almost 5 years well spent there

need to get the nitrous on there! it doesn't look like a 4x4 in person or on video , must of just been those pics foolin me

AutoMods
06-29-2011, 11:43 AM
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/rob_qualifying.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/rob_rounds.jpg
http://importevolution.com/temp/rob%20shootout/rob_final.jpg

Anyone need their timeslip, i have a bunch of them here.

black88gt
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
If it quacks like a duck...

Drifte
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
If it quacks like a duck...

lol, something peculiar?

AutoMods
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Another video popped up from Rob's family. Thanks for recording! Nice inside the car view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnS8JmeU4bs&feature=youtu.be