PDA

View Full Version : I deleted 3 categories :(

AutoMods
03-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Got your attention didn't I. There will continue to be many changes in the near future.

Well I wanted to compact the home page. Less scrolling, less clicking through so many categories when browsing or selecting a section to post in. Also friendlier to our cell phone viewers. I don't want categories sitting around that appear to be dead/not popular. I'm also making room for a new category or two.

The first 3 categories were easy. 'European' and 'Motorcycles' and 'The Trash' . European and motorcycles had very few postsr. Future posts can just go into the clubhouse. 'The Trash' had ok traffic but it makes just as much sense to post into the clubhouse instead.

All posts inside were not deleted but just moved into the clubhouse.

The organization still needs work. I'd like to downsize categories some more still but I'll wait for your feedback first. MSCA and Midwest True 10.5 have a combined total of only 30 threads so what do you guys think about just encouraging those posts to go into another category?

Deimos
03-07-2011, 04:11 AM
I'm pretty sure they just added the true 10.5 this winter.

Drifte
03-07-2011, 07:24 AM
I think the Media room needs to be combined with the clubhouse. Who has 56k now anyway and needs to worry if general content includes a picture or video anyway. Cars for sale should just be listed below for sale wtb, just to make sense. Cars for sale should probably also say vehicles for sale. I dont know if General auto discussion should exist, as it could just go in the club house. Its an auto forum, so we mostly have automotive discussions anyway. We dont really care if we are "on-topic" ever so it can go either way.

Looks like since I sold my DSM the DSM section has almost died if not for dustins MIGHTY MAX (yeayea ram 50). I was such a post whore. Do we need vehicle specific forums? Or should we do members rides only and if its not YOUR ride you post it up in the club house?

JustinS
03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I was going to make that suggestion last week. If interest returns in the future we can resurrect those areas, but for now I think your idea of combining makes a lot sense. No use in have a section if the last post was two years ago...cough cough Euro section lol.

TbTalon94
03-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Sounds like the forum will have like 3 categories...and EVERYTHING will be shoved into the clubhouse. Sounds like big long list of shit to scroll through to find a thread you want.

Drifte
03-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Well for the most part I think people really only click on the "whats new" link and work from there. And as activity increases could always get more specific sections. Only reason i think to get rid of sections is when I go to look for a thread I have to think, would this be in the club house, media section, or general auto?

AutoMods
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
plus like i said we are going to being adding some new categories. that street racing category people wanted to start could be one of them. my goal is to make the categories more clear so if you looking to post a new thread you don't have debate between 4 different categories that would all work.

black88gt
03-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Despite what the categories say I can think of a handful that will still put a thread wherever their mouse lands. Arent the media and clubhouse 2 of the busiest next to general auto? Why compile the 2 busiest when theres 3 seldom-used sections for different import makes? MSCA rides and MSCA general?

AutoMods
03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Despite what the categories say I can think of a handful that will still put a thread wherever their mouse lands. Arent the media and clubhouse 2 of the busiest next to general auto? Why compile the 2 busiest when theres 3 seldom-used sections for different import makes? MSCA rides and MSCA general?

Well despite the clubhouse being one of the largest sections, right now when I click into it I can still see all the threads for the last 4 weeks on the first page. My profile is set to view 40 threads per page. I'm trying to eliminate people having to make extra clicks trying to find a thread or get caught up on new posts. Ideally when someone posts, there will be less of an overlap in similar category choices, but rather 1-2 proper sections that would make sense on where to put your post. The seldom used categories will also get some merging and or moved/renamed here in the future just haven't got to it or decided how to do it yet.

Krumm
03-09-2011, 12:01 PM
i need a truck forum.

Drifte
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
It would be me and you arguing back and forth kent.

Ricky
03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Hey! I have a truck!

Im in the middle of you two.

Kent likes 4x4 i have that.... colton had a s10 and i have that.

I remember a time when kent told us that his 2wd truck can go where ever 4x4 trucks could go.... then we help him get un stuck from the yard....

Krumm
03-09-2011, 04:44 PM
it can go anywhere 4x4s can go, i just never said it would get out. AND there were FOUR 4x4s that got stuck out there with my 2wheel drive.

Lets not forget who was called when the talon was high centered in a drift...

AutoMods
03-09-2011, 09:55 PM
i need a truck forum.

what are you going to buy when you sell your truck. get a turbo diesel

Krumm
03-09-2011, 10:30 PM
it'll be another truck, but probably not a diesel. plus i'll always have my 90 gmc. its never leaving my possession lol