PDA

View Full Version : General calculators for ethanol blended fuels

69gt4speed
03-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Well as usual gas prices creeping up due to bs. Guy posted this up thought it could be useful for ppl thinking about doing the switch or already are doing ethanol... no not for drinking it.

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

AutoMods
03-05-2011, 08:19 AM
30% less mpg supposedly

69gt4speed
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Well If you have to run race gas all the time and have the $ for injectors, pumps, etc. and some tuning could be money ahead and not a blown engine for those w hi compression. It's a big investment at least could be.

AutoMods
03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
yea I wasn't saying it wasn't worth it. e85 is pretty much 30% cheaper anyway, especially right now. its like race gas for the price of pump gas. injectors and pump, lines are a small price to pay for what you get

sparkles
03-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Well If you have to run race gas all the time and have the $ for injectors, pumps, etc. and some tuning could be money ahead and not a blown engine for those w hi compression. It's a big investment at least could be.

This

That's why I'm going the E85 route. Plus, let's be honest here. It smells delicious.

AutoMods
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
yea i'm looking forward to the smell this spring. you know when your car has no cats and your idling at the stoplight with your windows down, regular gas stinks. when we had a group of cars travel down to the manual shootout last year I was running 110 sunoco and 'ricky' was behind me and said he was getting fumed out after a while