PDA

View Full Version : Private Message box full on new forum

AutoMods
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Had a report of the Private Message box being full of old messages on this new forum after the transfer. Might want to check yours and clean yours out so you can get new messages.

AutoMods
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I upped the private message limit to 200. Its seems as though for every Private message imported there is also a blank private message. The easiest way to clean up your private message inbox is to click 'Notifications' at the very top right of this forum. Click on 'Inbox' . Under 'My Messages' click on 'Edit Folders' and click the 'Empty Folders' button.

You can also delete the extra imported message folders.

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey Ryan - I've got something like 2,000 in my inbox/sent items that I'll delete later when I'm off work but I wanted to let you know I got your PM and we'll work something out where I can get you those shirts. Maybe we'll finally get together and grab some lunch or something. I'll get ahold of you soon once i find those shirts.

AutoMods
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
hmmmm, i'm surprised you got my pm with your inbox over the 200 mark

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Maybe it was only delivered because it came from an admin? I've got 429 messages in my inbox and I had like 1,500 in my "sent" folder. On the old boards, I had a modification running for a long time that would send a welcome PM to new users from my account, and all those ended up in my "Sent" folder.

I'm working on deleting them now. That should make a little dent in your SQL database size. hah

AutoMods
02-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Maybe it was only delivered because it came from an admin? I've got 429 messages in my inbox and I had like 1,500 in my "sent" folder. On the old boards, I had a modification running for a long time that would send a welcome PM to new users from my account, and all those ended up in my "Sent" folder.

I'm working on deleting them now. That should make a little dent in your SQL database size. hah

Fastest way is Click on 'Inbox' . Under 'My Messages' click on 'Edit Folders' and click the 'Empty Folders' button

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah that worked for most of them. A couple of the folders it didn't seem to work. I'd click the link and the page would refresh but the messages would still be there. That's okay though. I got them all deleted in about 10 minutes.