PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shit...

sLoWnStEaDy
02-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Is the forum staying like this or is it just a short term thing until it gets back to looking like it did?

Do not like... :(

biohazard
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
My eyes, the goggles do nothing!

sparkles
02-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm going to give it a try. So far I hate it, but who knows. I am curious though on why the switch?

Deimos
02-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I too like the black

AutoMods
02-20-2011, 07:02 PM
this is the default vbulletin style. its minor, we can change it later. for now i'm busy helping people that forgot their registered email to reset log in passwords and other misc bugs that might come up.

For those of you that wanted to know why the change, google some articles on phpBB forum vs vbulletin

NewSpeedSteed
02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Gah my retinas!

sparkles
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
What does the red envelopes mean?

85XR7Project
02-20-2011, 07:56 PM
It means there are posts in the thread you haven't seen.

AutoMods
02-20-2011, 08:01 PM
at the bottom of the page there is an Icon guide. Red envelope means its a hot topic. It can be an open envelope or closed envelope. closed red means hot topic with no unread posts

Drifte
02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
damn bunch of whiners. "you'd rather look good first, and win second."

Colors can be changed later, so many options too. Going to take some tinkering to find what works best. The hawkeye theme should be laid to rest though.

clutchmuch
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Gah my retinas!

thats pretty much what i just posted haha

AutoMods
02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
don't you guys use yahoo, google, youtube, facebook, craigslist, wikipedia etc ?? those are are white background based sites. what is a really big website, like a top 100 website, that is black background based?

I used to have a black background website, it was challenging. Font colors and hyperlinks are harder to get to look good with black backgrounds.

NewSpeedSteed
02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
don't you guys use yahoo, google, youtube, facebook, craigslist, wikipedia etc ?? those are are white background based sites. what is a really big website, like a top 100 website, that is black background based?

I used to have a black background website, it was challenging. Font colors and hyperlinks are harder to get to look good with black backgrounds.

Change scares and confuses us?

clutchmuch
02-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Change scares and confuses us?

agreed, and although they do have white backgrounds, were used to it and only have to look at google for a few minutes, while your starring and reading this it just feels like its burning the back of your eyeballs. its toooo much white, maybe add different colored side panels or something, with a 22inch computer screen
im dyin here, not trying to be an asshole or anything haha
but
like cnet downloads, is white and stuff in the middle but has like grayish black side panels, looks nice.

G50Trim92
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM
I won't miss the black at all, it was too emo looking.

Domestic Disturbance
02-21-2011, 02:23 AM
The hawkeye theme should be laid to rest though.
Yup. Isn't there a garage plug in for vbulletin too? The vbulletin format has a lot of cool stuff. Change isn't that scary

sLoWnStEaDy
02-21-2011, 06:07 AM
I won't miss the black at all, it was too emo looking.

18 posts in 6 years...? your opinion doesn't count! haha

G50Trim92
02-21-2011, 07:05 AM
18 posts in 6 years...? your opinion doesn't count! haha

Says the forum turd. Go back to making up stories about test driving Jaguars...

sLoWnStEaDy
02-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Says the forum turd. Go back to making up stories about test driving Jaguars...

LOL... Way to take a joke bitch. #1 I never said I "test drove" it, I said I drove it and I did. #2 that was explained a long time ago, it was an '08 that I drove. #3 I have driven more expensive vehicles numerous times, I have to for work. I drive probably 10-20 cars every single day. some of them are $5k~ cars and some of them are $50k+ cars.

I highly doubt I am the "forum turd" as well. what have you ever contributed to this forum? I bet 95% of the people on here have no fucking clue who you are or that you even exist on this site. I know I didn't until about 8 hours ago...

Drifte
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Thats G, you dont want to see him when hes angry.

Krumm
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM

i do. unless i hear a good reason why. other than he is referred to as "G"

sLoWnStEaDy
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM

I won't like him when he's angry?

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Sorry Ryan I think I ruined these guys' vision :)

I remember trying to switch it to white a few years ago and i was heavily veto'd by the masses. lol

AutoMods
02-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Sorry Ryan I think I ruined these guys' vision :)

I remember trying to switch it to white a few years ago and i was heavily veto'd by the masses. lol

Well you did warn me

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 11:29 AM
For the record, I think the midnight theme with the new logo you've got up there looks extremely good. Probably the best this site has looked ever. I actually like the lighter colors in the posting area and the black only in the background.

For those resistant to a lighter color scheme: As it has been said before, you can change the theme to something different if you like, but it's also worth noting that you'd get used to it after a while. I frequent a lot of forums with a nearly all-white color scheme and don't think anything about it.

AutoMods
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks, colton created a couple themes in like 10 minutes just to get people by. So when we get more time we can make them a little more refined. I have noticed the forum is slower on the new server. I think you lucked out on your old server, speed wise. But I'm not sure if we can get a better host with paying more.

ZacFields
02-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I haven't really noticed a speed issue so far. If it's slower, it's not noticeable on my end.

Yeah my old host stopped providing shared hosting at least two years ago so my guess is that I'm sitting on a server that was built to be a shared hosting server, but over time more and more shared customers have dropped off and they aren't getting new ones. So I'm essentially paying $5 per month for performance you'd expect from a VPS or better.

Domestic Disturbance
02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Ya speed has seemed normal to me.