PDA

View Full Version : SBC TT Kit Questions

Fire Hawk
02-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Just wondering opinions on this setup.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/2050702/newsletter.html?utm_campaign=Enter+To+Win+World+of +Outlaws+Style+Roll+Cab&utm_content=mhm_68%40mchsi.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_term=TWIN+TURBO+Complete+Hot-Sidecampaign

http://wrenchrat.com/twinturbo/

Would it be best to purchase just the hot side kit only as advertisted on racing junk, then pick up the turbo's and cold side=(turbo piping to carb hat only)?? Not sure what else is on the cold side in this kit to be honest as I'm still learning what I can about turbo setups. Trying to do a comparison to see as they want 5k for their entire setup or hot side only for $2195. That's a $2805 difference to buy parts needed to complete the setup!

sparkles
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I will say that's one of the better looking hot sides I've seen for SBCs. What car are you planning on putting this on again?

Deimos
02-20-2011, 06:25 PM
i like them kits I think caleb should do it.

TbTalon94
02-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Not interested in me building a kit?

Deimos
02-20-2011, 06:30 PM
you see the video i posted on header building that is some nifty stuff

Fire Hawk
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
I will say that's one of the better looking hot sides I've seen for SBCs. What car are you planning on putting this on again?
My bro Caleb has an 80 Formula Firebird, I have an 80 Camaro RS in pieces.

i like them kits I think caleb should do it.
The kits look nice! Pricing everything out from different superchargers to this that I found again!

I would be as the pictures I've seen of your work is awesome! I'm just throwing this out there as I'm helping Caleb price stuff out as an engine is going to be built sooner than later. How long do you think it'd take to build a setup if you had it? We've discussed some of it before about this time last year but alas my project is moving a little slower than I wanted. Caleb's is quicker than mine is!

you see the video i posted on header building that is some nifty stuff
I've watched a little bit. I'd leave the fabrication upto TBTalon94 as I know he'd do excellent work!

Fire Hawk
02-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Hey!!!! Your private message box is full!

TbTalon94
02-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Hey!!!! Your private message box is full!

Had to delete like 300 old messages that were moved over! It's clear now!

Fire Hawk
02-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Had to delete like 300 old messages that were moved over! It's clear now!

The following errors occurred with your submission
TbTalon94 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

There must be a problem with the message board then. It still wont let me send to you. I had to clear a bunch of stuff from the message area on mine to free up my side. I had messages dated: 12/31/1969 for some reason?

TbTalon94
02-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Just send me an email: trevor@tab-fabrication.com

AutoMods
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
There must be a problem with the message board then. It still wont let me send to you. I had to clear a bunch of stuff from the message area on mine to free up my side. I had messages dated: 12/31/1969 for some reason?

Interesting... i've been getting pm's just fine but this is a new account i'm on, not one that was moved over. Trevor, were those pm's that were still in your inbox on the old forum or were they old deleted pm's?

TbTalon94
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Both. I had old ones and then I had hundreds of just blank PM's. I deleted around 740 messages. That's sent and received.

AutoMods
02-21-2011, 11:43 AM
were any of those pm's smack talk about me?

TbTalon94
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Not any of the recent ones. The hundreds that I deleted were blank topic'd.

There's probably a few in there about sarcasm though...

AutoMods
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM
i'm just messing with ya, vbulletin is pretty secure, doesn't give me access to passwords or pm's