PDA

View Full Version : Might be a dumb question, but...

Luminatorz34
02-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Im new to the whole s/c powered cars. ive been a turbo guy up till now. but now that its getting nicer, im finding out more and more what my 97 gtp can do on dry pavement, and ill say im impressed for a stock car. but my question is this, when i stomp on it and hit full boost,i hear the s/c whining(which i love to hear) but also i hear a very loud hissing, like air rushing out somehwere....is this normal on our s/c's? or is it possible i have a leak somewhere, like the lower intake manifold? i really dont know, the car seems to make good power, and will shred the tires, but the loud hissing is different for me. its kinda like on a turbo car if a intercooler pipe popped off or something like that. so please be gentle on me, as i dont know if this is a problem or just the noise these cars make

FiFdYnUtZ
02-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Sounds to me like your air intake hissing...does it have any form of aftermarket intake?

Luminatorz34
02-20-2011, 01:47 PM
stock everything under the hood. could it be one of those silencer baffles in the intake elbow to the throttle body?