PDA

View Full Version : started the car Today.

Jappbox
02-13-2011, 04:25 PM
took my shit to another forum

AutoMods
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
are you interested in quieting down the exhaust or you going to leave it?

stangvortech
02-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Are you for sure going to tx2k11? Im thinking I will be taking my car right now as long as all my school stuff works out.

Krumm
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM
how do your neighbors feel about this?

TbTalon94
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Sounds good and I hope those things we did fixes the issues. Can't wait for Texas!

JacobS
02-13-2011, 10:02 PM
i love how organized/clean your garage is.

69gt4speed
02-14-2011, 03:52 AM
Manual runoff this yr? viper cobra vette shootout?

Jappbox
02-14-2011, 06:37 AM
my neighbors dont care, they dont even say anything when i come rolling home at 12am with loud cars. I might do the run off but ill need a drag pack set first before then inless your going to put street tires only as a rule no Drag radials.

Jappbox
02-14-2011, 06:39 AM
And im leaving the exhaust. I like the sound of i it, its not like a DD or something.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Street tire only rule? Uhhhhhhh...

Jappbox
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
well i guess my ruber bands prob will hook up decent. noone has stick cars but me and algo's vette. i might be able to cut 2.0's or Ill just wait to cut 1.4's with a drag pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUz2XJjiTo

sparkles
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
noone has stick cars but me and algo's vette.

You're sadly mistaken....

slow ride
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Yea, at our tracks 1.4's just fall from the sky. It will take lots of practice and big power/torque just makes it worse. I think it would be cool just to see it run though.

AutoMods
02-14-2011, 05:28 PM

maybe jesse means nobody in his league has a stick around here. he knows i have a stick but i'm not fast enough for consideration :)

it will be fun to watch but ya gotta earn it first, i don't recall ever seeing a timeslip from any of your cars jesse. not that it would be hard for a twin turbo viper to put down a low 10 but until you do it you can't claim it

allgo
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM

maybe jesse means nobody in his league has a stick around here. he knows i have a stick but i'm not fast enough for consideration :)

it will be fun to watch but ya gotta earn it first, i don't recall ever seeing a timeslip from any of your cars jesse. not that it would be hard for a twin turbo viper to put down a low 10 but until you do it you can't claim it

I hope thats what he thinks...lol

Jappbox
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM

I dont recall ever seeing you race anything, just a dyno and a timeslip. maybe you should race something and see if your car stacks up. It is a street car right? well there some highways around here. Ill have some video of me racing things not just talking about my #'s to me a time slip is nothing diffrent then a track time. great if you good at the track and can hook but does your car hook on the street at all. how about pull past 140mph? maybe this right here is the fact why im taking my car to texas were they give 2 shits less if you have a 9 sec car or make 1200hp. its line up and run and see whos car pulls who. not about who can cut the best reaction time, best 60 foot, ect. big fucking deal. In fact when i do run my car when I got what I want and need and feel like taking it to the track, Ill go without people like you breathing down my neck to get a good pass so I can feel "good" I dont need that never have never will. 11.5's were fun for me in my evo 6 years ago and all the stupid tech rules make it no fun to go any faster inless you plan on being in a weekend points race where you can get better an put some sort of money in your pocket after spending it all just to get to the track and setup to run consistently down the track time and time again.

sparkles
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Pretty sure Casey's Cobra is in his league, especially beings how it won last year. Pretty presumptious to assume they're the only 2 people with stick cars in the 10s around here. I know he didn't post on here before Vito brought him up last year. That's just 1 example.

sparkles
02-14-2011, 08:25 PM
I dont recall ever seeing you race anything, just a dyno and a timeslip. maybe you should race something and see if your car stacks up. It is a street car right? well there some highways around here. Ill have some video of me racing things not just talking about my #'s to me a time slip is nothing diffrent then a track time. great if you good at the track and can hook but does your car hook on the street at all. how about pull past 140mph? maybe this right here is the fact why im taking my car to texas were they give 2 shits less if you have a 9 sec car or make 1200hp. its line up and run and see whos car pulls who. not about who can cut the best reaction time, best 60 foot, ect. big fucking deal. In fact when i do run my car when I got what I want and need and feel like taking it to the track, Ill go without people like you breathing down my neck to get a good pass so I can feel "good" I dont need that never have never will. 11.5's were fun for me in my evo 6 years ago and all the stupid tech rules make it no fun to go any faster inless you plan on being in a weekend points race where you can get better an put some sort of money in your pocket after spending it all just to get to the track and setup to run consistently down the track time and time again.

And here we go.... :drool: Don't recall where my car got brought up in any form or fashion as to the topic of this conversation. If you must know, my car is currently a shell getting cage work done. I don't expect to have it on the road until at least July, and even then, it's not set up for the straight line anyway. I've already done that with some respectable times and am now wanting to try something else. Just so you know.... :yawinkle:

Domestic Disturbance
02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Whoaaaa Nelly. Why so serious? Going to the track is supposed to be fun man, win or lose. People were just giving you a hard time to get you to go. I wouldn't worry if you have a drag pack or not, just give it hell. Allgo's vette doesn't stand an ice creams cones chance in hell down the track having the same issues your viper has (stupid torque, irs, low pro tires). BUT, it looks like more fun than most cars and its a full time street car.

AutoMods
02-14-2011, 11:26 PM
yea just go and have fun. not breathing down you neck id like to see it run so i give you a harmless push. we are enthusiasts here, we want to see action. the more cars at the track the better. if your always waiting until your car is perfect so you can be the fastest you miss out on a lot.

I'll still street race some but i kinda feel i've grown out of it. I'm 31 years old, i have a wife and 2 kids, id feel really ashamed of myself if i got my lisense taken away street racing let alone if i killed myself or someone else. i mean really going 140+ mph on the street is no joke, if something goes wrong somebody could die. there are much more honorable ways to die.

StreetSweeper
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
It's all about who can do the biggest wheelie without smashing oil pans anyways! No sweat. I have learned that some people like To have dinner rolls on the high way with there meal and others like to go in circles and what ever. Some people are Dyno queens witch are usually the guys chasing big hp numbers and cant put it to the ground to save their ass. 1500 hp is useless if you cant use it untill your already going over 100. BUT in the end if thats what people wanna do so be it!

69gt4speed
02-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Yea its for fun, heck I buy the trophy and if I don't win bfd. And they now make several brands of drag radials in 18 and 19 and even 20's. Nobody getting picked on, just want to have some fun and see some cars. Te viper seemed a obvious car to compete. I've seen a sprayed viper blow a late model cammed hdrs sprayed w dr camaro away. By 150 mph that viper was ahead by a block or so it seemed.

Scott
02-15-2011, 07:09 AM
SFI certs, teching cars at the track = good idea = lives saved

I would think if your planning on running flat out for a mile "or 1/8th" you would like a chance at walking away from a accident, paramedics arent magicians!

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Defiinitely gotta agree with george on this one...althjough I'm still a big supporter of the street, just not the 60, 80, 100 rolls...definitely designed for very high hp cars that have only that...big hp and nothjing to make it work from a stop/low roll..

Drifte
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Before Jesse bought his new car I was reading about it for sale on supraforums, and stalked the guys photobucket of videos and pics. The car is setup for a dig, and I watched it hook solid on some passes. I wouldnt say it couldnt drag, but if he doesnt like drag racing I can see why he wouldnt go.

But yea I got left out of the short list of stick cars too.

safety first.

Xboosted23X
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
how safe is it to have a cage in a street car?
I think the rules need changed. Its pretty common now for a street car to run 10s which would need a 10pt cage. You get in a wreck with that on the street without a helmet on let me know how that goes for you.

Drifte
02-15-2011, 11:09 AM
You mean you dont drive to work with a helmet on? My mom said everyone did? :/

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 11:13 AM
are you guys seriously arguing that it would be SAFER to run WITHOUT a cage on the street??? there are still a-pillars and the entire shell of the car made of steel coming right at you, id rather risk hitting my head the a bar a foot behind my head then having the roof come in on top of it..

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 11:17 AM
" sorry my cell phone is tough to do this shit on..

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
so your head is supposed to go past the headrest and up and into the bar?
http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/93-02-camaro-firebird-wolfe-racecraft-6-point-roll-bar-reduced_4726802.jpg

Drifte
02-15-2011, 11:42 AM
Is that your car?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 11:43 AM
nah...cloth seats are for gypsies

TbTalon94
02-15-2011, 11:44 AM
That's not a 10-point cage ^

I think a 6-8point is perfectly fine for a street car and isn't really a risk when it comes to driving it on the street.

That being said, you don't find high dollar street cars that are willing to hack up the body to weld in a cage. If I owned a high dollar car, let's just say a Viper for arguments sake, I SURE as hell wouldn't be putting a damn cage in it..unless I was making it a strictly drag car only. That also goes for vette's, lambo's, etc. Basically any high dollar car that will retain somewhat of a value is just not a candidate for a cage unless it is being made strictly drag.

Hell I wasn't ever going to even put a cage into my Evo no matter how fast it went. It never reached the point of NEEDING one, but by the rules at the track it was required to have atleast a 6-point. No way worth it in my opinion.

Drifte
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I think 200mph necessitates a cage.

JacobS
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
i dont agree with running a caged car on the street for one specific reason.

When eric medlen (john force racing) crashed his fueled funny car in testing they said his head bounced back and forth on the cage not just one time, or two times, but hundreds of times. and that took his life. now i can see where some people might think that when you get into a crash you mihg tjust hit it once or twice, on city streets that it plausible with the speeds you might normally drive at, but if you crash at 140+ with no helmet with a cage, your head is going to suffer some traumatic blows.

some of you might think that because its a funny car it doesnt apply because of the power difference and the different ways the cages are set up, but it does.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
100% different cage, speed, type of wreck, conditions, application, etc...its blasphemy to think a 6pt type cage wouldn't be safe on the street in comparison to a non caged car....what do you think will happen to your head when you flip your tin can without one?

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 01:04 PM
And that cage I showed like many others is 100 percent bolt in..

JacobS
02-15-2011, 01:07 PM
if my car flipped it wouldnt matter if it had a cage or not. with the stock seat belts i would be flopped all over the place hitting my head on numerous objects anyway. if i added a cage, thats just one more thing to hit it on haha

im not trying to argure here. ill probably never need to cage my car. so my opinion is voided. i was just using medlens crash as an example of how many times you can hit your head as opposed to what most people think.

TbTalon94
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
And that cage I showed like many others is 100 percent bolt in..

LOL 100% bolt in....and you have to drill holes through the floor to put bolts through.

There is no 100% bolt-in cage. You ALWAYS have to modify it in someway, and on some cars that is just not an option. No exceptions.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Not to argue but if you install a cage and use the stock belts, I'm sure that would happen...most decide to put a cage mounted harness in..

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Trevor I'm sure jesses viper has a few holes drilled in it from the tt, are you saying that shouldn't be done either? It modifies the original structure of the car just the same..

TbTalon94
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the chassis doesn't have to be modified for the TT kit. Don't think anything really has to be modified besides the oil pan. Nothing that will really effect the value of the car.

I'm agreeing with you that there is nothing wrong with a 6-8point cage on the street. It's safer...but people with high dollar cars aren't going to do that to their car. Or people that aren't going to run at the track more then a few times. It's just not worth degrading the car. IT IS SAFER!

Xboosted23X
02-15-2011, 02:32 PM
a 6 point is fine for a car with two doors, which no one sits in the rear seats. But for my street car that has 4 doors and carries more than two people a cage is no good. It might be fine for the two people sitting in front but what about the two people sitting in the rear that smokes the harness bar.

lets say you get in a wreck at the track and smoke a concrete wall. You just did a good amount of damage. Say you loose control on the street you put it in the ditch. Your a body man which would you rather work on?

I'm just saying times have changed and they need to adapt the rules to the times.

Drifte
02-15-2011, 02:45 PM
factory cars with a tune in 11's and safety from the manufacturers better than ever; they probably do need to update the old rule book.

FiFdYnUtZ
02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I agree they do need to update the rules in that manner...and I didn't consider your 4 door being a hazard, but I would hope you don't race with 4 people in the car lol

Xboosted23X
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Well no I don't race with 4 people. But if you get rear ended driving down the road with a car load it would still not end well. Its a street car and a cage is not going into it. I guess I will have to get kicked out of the track.

AutoMods
02-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I can see not wanting a cage for high end cars, daily drivers, etc. nobody at the manual shootout got kicked out at cfr, not sure if casey has a cage but him and allgo ran 10's. cordova didn't kick me out running two 10 sec passes.

I wonder how far they will let you go on just a roll bar, nhra rules say 9.99 and 135mph traps you need a full cage but that doesn't mean cfr will kick you out at those times just on a test and tune

TbTalon94
02-15-2011, 05:16 PM
It just depends on who's at the track and how they are feeling that day.

Both David and I were running high 11.xx's and neither of us had the required safety equipment supposably required. I was going 123mph and wasn't even wearing a helmet. They didn't say anything. It just depends.

snickerlicker
02-15-2011, 05:38 PM
^ agreed, I got kicked out of CFR many years ago running 10.40's with no safety equipment, just one of those days I guess..

c_mart_28
02-15-2011, 07:39 PM
I can see not wanting a cage for high end cars, daily drivers, etc. nobody at the manual shootout got kicked out at cfr, not sure if casey has a cage but him and allgo ran 10's. cordova didn't kick me out running two 10 sec passes.

I wonder how far they will let you go on just a roll bar, nhra rules say 9.99 and 135mph traps you need a full cage but that doesn't mean cfr will kick you out at those times just on a test and tune

I have an 8 pt with swingouts..

At times, I wish it wasn't in there just from a utilitarian standpoint. It basically renders the car impossible to use as a true DD..

On the other hand, I do like not having any problems passing tech. And even though its not the fastest car around, it does get up to speed pretty quick...having a cage in there does provide some peace of mind.. I don't think I could own a streetcar without the swingouts though.

Domestic Disturbance
02-15-2011, 08:41 PM
if my car flipped it wouldnt matter if it had a cage or not. with the stock seat belts i would be flopped all over the place

Yup. Cages are great when you are restrained properly. It can help prevent your car from crunching up and killing you. But if you are flopping around like a greased goose, then its adding extra danger to you. Thats the hard part for a street car, do you feel like buckling into a 4-5pt harness in a dd street car?

sparkles
02-15-2011, 08:44 PM
do you feel like buckling into a 4-5pt harness in a dd street car?

Yes. That means I'm badass.

Scott
02-16-2011, 07:32 AM
I dont know what the rules are at the texas mile, but is it really true you can run a car of this caliber without any sort of safety tech for the cars?

I can understand not wanted a cage in a car thats worth as much as my house, but even if its worth 2 billion dollars you wont catch me racing 150+mph in a 1000hp car without a cage I know will pass SFI or similar and the complimentary safety stuff. I dont care if its lamborghini, Ferrari whatever, your ability to walk and stay alive should be worth alot more than "not wanting to put in a cage" LOL seems like a non-discussion to me.

If Jessie doesnt like drag racing I can understand, if I didnt have a car like mine thats built for drag racing I probably would only race once or twice a year.

Xboosted23X
02-16-2011, 10:01 AM
For the texas mile you don't need a cage til 200 mph.

69gt4speed
02-18-2011, 11:24 AM
factory cars with a tune in 11's and safety from the manufacturers better than ever; they probably do need to update the old rule book.

They did once, now it is like 130 mph and 11.50. But yea a decent running zr1 or z06, viper, new gt 500 w tires could easily break a 11.5 as far as cheaper cars go.. The newest cars w airbags all over and seatbelts, side impact bars prob ok unless you flip it over. That's why I have new cars, the 69 well was a death trap in comparison. Only prob w updating rules you would have to specify particular cars and yrs. And idk if track officals want to deal w that. A 85 thin fox body isn't a new model stang by far. Air bags, side bar stronger, etc.