PDA

View Full Version : should i buy?

Stutz
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/2211575830.html

Buy it, beat on it, then part it out?

Throw a door and windows on and not give a shit about how well it lines up?

LT1Dan
02-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Hell yeah. Thats got the makings of a fun ass dd.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 06:56 AM
That is my buddies car. some black bitch hit him, then took off. The police fallowed the antifreeze/oil trail right to her house. They also found her license plate at the scene! LOL
She had no license, the registration was expired, no insurance and SURPRISE, baby momma had drugs in the car too! fuckin' black people...

If anyone is seriously interested, he offered it to me a decent amount cheaper, I can hook you up. ;)

Stutz
02-13-2011, 09:27 AM
How much cheaper? And if i bought it would it have to be inspected before i could register it because it would be a fresh salvage?

Deimos
02-13-2011, 10:19 AM
yes it will need to go to dot for inspection

AutoMods
02-13-2011, 11:00 AM
i had the north liberty police department inspect one for me. took like 5 minutes, they really don't look into it much nor do i think they really have a lot of car knowlege with regard to structure and frame . I think its more of a vin checks thing and any obvious safety issues that stand out

Stutz
02-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Do you think i could get away with just replacing the back door and getting windows for it?

Stutz
02-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Shit doesnt matter it says its been sold

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM
yeah, knew it wouldn't last long...

SaNdMaNsSi
02-13-2011, 11:52 AM
How much cheaper? And if i bought it would it have to be inspected before i could register it because it would be a fresh salvage?

No, it does not have to be DOT inspected for any reason. The only time they have to be DOT inspected is if they are previous theft vehicles to make sure you put everything back in. If you had to have damaged vehicles inspected, auto repair shops would be overwhelmed by bureaucrats daily

FiFdYnUtZ
02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
wrong, any salvage titled vehicle that is rebuilt has to be inspected by the sheriffs office in order to attain registration and a prior salvage title...

AutoMods
02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
salvage title comes when the insurance company buys it from the owner. i guess in some cases a deal is worked out and the title remains clean as long as the original owner keeps it and it is never purchased by the insurance company. so in that case you wouldn't need inspection.

i know buying back your wrecked car is common but i'm not sure if in most cases the insurance buys it first and you buy it back or if its more common that the title never changes hands

scary to know there is cars out there with clean titles that could've have lot of damage to them

oVa-Boost
02-13-2011, 02:55 PM
salvage title comes when the insurance company buys it from the owner. i guess in some cases a deal is worked out and the title remains clean as long as the original owner keeps it and it is never purchased by the insurance company. so in that case you wouldn't need inspection.

i know buying back your wrecked car is common but i'm not sure if in most cases the insurance buys it first and you buy it back or if its more common that the title never changes hands

scary to know there is cars out there with clean titles that could've have lot of damage to them

Your correct only way it will be salvage is if insurance buys it. I'v seen alot of cars come threw my work that should be crushed but they get fixed and leave as clean title.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I am pretty sure his has a clean title. I bought my cadillac back from State Farm for $600 and it still had a clean title.

FYI: I was just hanging with him out at his work... He isn't sure this deal is going to go through, I guess the guy is kind of flakey and he is planning to pay with his income taxes that are "suppose to be here in a couple days" so who knows.

AutoMods
02-13-2011, 05:57 PM
tell him to let stutz buy it

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
tell him to let stutz buy it

I am sure if he had cash in hand, he would let him take it.

Stutz
02-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I'd take it for sure if it would come with clean title/i could just half ass fix it. I have the money would just have to go get it out of checking account.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I'd take it for sure if it would come with clean title/i could just half ass fix it. I have the money would just have to go get it out of checking account.

I will let him know...

Stutz
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks and let me know!

SaNdMaNsSi
02-13-2011, 09:19 PM
wrong, any salvage titled vehicle that is rebuilt has to be inspected by the sheriffs office in order to attain registration and a prior salvage title...

I've never had to a single time, other than the theft vehicle I purchased.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM

In high school I wrecked my car, bought it back, the title switched from clean to salvage, and I never had to have that one inspected either.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM

We had a dodge neon of this body style that had a perfect body other than the front end, and it's blue...I'm not sure if we still have it, but if we don't I can tell you which salvage yard we gave it to....

sLoWnStEaDy
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM
As of right now, it is still sold he said. Basically, the guy wants it and has the money, Chase just has to get the title and crap from the insurance company which he is suppose to do tomorrow. Once he has the papers, he is going to call the guy, if he backs out, I will let you know.