PDA

View Full Version : My new japanese mopar. LOL

sLoWnStEaDy
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Sorry, no pics yet... just picked up a new one though, 1987 chrysler Conquest TSi. Pretty damn good shape really, a little rust on the rear quarters and the interior is probably 8/10 or so exterior is probably 7/10, has some clear coat peel and the front lip is cracked. I got the car, a parts car with a very nice interior and a rebuilt motor with a brand new turbo.

It's white, maroon interior, 92k miles, 5-speed, only mods are exhaust and a MBC which is not hooked up right so the boost was hitting like 14psi+ so I couldn't give it more than 1/2 throttle to keep the boost around 7psi and shifted low...

It was running pretty rough, all the plug wires are completely shot and where arcing like a MOFO but I picked it up in Vinton and there are no parts stores there, it made it home. Oh, and there are no brakes due to the master cylinder leaking REALLY bad. I just used the E-brake the whole drive home. The parts car has a good master cylinder and everything though so...

PICS SOON!!

AutoMods
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
i stock injectors and fuel pump for that car fyi! thats about it though

sLoWnStEaDy
02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
i stock injectors and fuel pump for that car fyi! thats about it though

Listed on your site? honestly, I have looked at your site many times but am never able to find what I am looking for, especially if it is something make/model specific.

Only short term plans are a bigger FMIC, aluminum IC piping, exhaust and a good clutch. Not sure if bigger injectors/fuel pump would be needed with the stock turbo...

AutoMods
02-12-2011, 06:56 PM
type starion in the search box it will bring up everything.

clutches, pistons, pump and injectors for that car and thats it as far as whats on the site. but i can get more types of injectors and clutches other products etc. the website does not do by any products by car application. thought about it. it'd be nice, lots of work though.

the website in general is tough. we have access to hundreds of thousands of parts and only have had time to upload a couple thousand on the site. sometimes we upload products that never sell so its a time investment that sometimes doesn't pay off. have to pick your battles

85XR7Project
02-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Glad you went with this one, saw when you posted on Facebook. I like these things quite a bit but you rarely see them around anymore. You should keep this one around.

Clinical
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I've always wanted one of these!

Their interiors for some reason also look REALLY comfortable, the cloth ones anyway.
If you decide to get rid of it, hit me up and if I have the money at the time I'd consider it!

sLoWnStEaDy
02-12-2011, 08:22 PM
type starion in the search box it will bring up everything.

clutches, pistons, pump and injectors for that car and thats it as far as whats on the site. but i can get more types of injectors and clutches other products etc. the website does not do by any products by car application. thought about it. it'd be nice, lots of work though.

the website in general is tough. we have access to hundreds of thousands of parts and only have had time to upload a couple thousand on the site. sometimes we upload products that never sell so its a time investment that sometimes doesn't pay off. have to pick your battles

For sure! I know I have talked to Colton a couple times because I couldn't find it on your site but then you guys had a ton of different things available. When I was building live wells for FishMate Pro, I had ot mess with the website a little bit and it was ridiculous, I couldn't imagine doing it with a site like yours!

sLoWnStEaDy
02-12-2011, 08:25 PM
The interior is pretty dang comfy! I might sell the parts car and the engine out of mine sooner or later. I am not sure what kind of shape the parts car is in yet, haven't seen it. Didn't care for the price I paid, Hell, most rolling chassis I see in this condition sell for more than what I paid. Young kid, lives at home, knocked up some chick so he had to sell the car. I've been there! LOL

I am REALLY hoping this will be the car that I fight my urge to be cheap and let Trevor work some magic on it. I know the engine bay could REALLY use some cleaning up! it's a mess in there, wires and hoses EVERYWHERE.

Clinical
02-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Where are pics? Don't forget interior pics, I'd like to see it again to make sure its the same interior I'm thinking of.

If its engine is nasty enough, maybe do a 4g63 swap :)

AutoMods
02-13-2011, 12:35 AM
here we go again -turbo ls1 starion

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversio ... arted.html (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/665006-turbo-ls1-starion-conquest-build-has-started.html)

http://avatars.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/image.php?u=73136&type=sigpic&dateline=1210324063

LT1Dan
02-13-2011, 01:05 AM
I don't know how to feel about how this looks. The pics I've seen either make me kinda like it or think it's gross as hell...I guess it's just not my style. Hope you have fun with it though.

Drifte
02-13-2011, 11:37 AM
I know an old man with a conqest TSI widebody in purple. Cleanest Ive ever seen in person, the all metal bodies like to rust. Its a good candidate for a 4g63 swap because thats what they come with in other countries.

DustinsDuster
02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
FYI, if you get a 2.4 short block for this, you could bolt the 4G63 top end to it, and it'll still bolt up to the stock 5 speed. otherwise, you could swap in a whole 4G63 and use a stock truck 5 speed(i have a spare), or contact Bill Hincher who makes narrow block bell housings to R154, W58, T56 and he's working on a T5 bellhousing as well.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 01:37 PM
You guys aren't helping the whole "not going to do much to this one" thing!! LOL Honestly, I just have a few small things planned. I am spending most of my time/money on the F100 and the Fiero, I bought this for a daily driver.

I got everything fixed, the primary injector wasn't working but the parts car had a spare so I swapped them out. the injector connector was also screwed up. Both wires where just jammed in the clip and the lose connection was also part of the intermittent problem.

I threw some E3 plugs in it, hacked up my 4.6L Modular, Taylor 8mm wires and threw them on it. Got the MBC hooked up right so boost is at about 8psi max now. Only problem left is is the rearend/driveshaft/u-joint... Not sure what it is yet. Basically, if I try to shift at the point it would be at 1K or less rpm, it makes a wicked grinding/shaking from the rearend.

So, for example (these numbers aren't right I am sure). Say I am in third going 40mph and I shift to fourth dropping the rpm really low, it makes that grinding/shaking thing so I have to put it back into third...

DustinsDuster
02-13-2011, 01:50 PM
sounds trans related, not differential.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-13-2011, 05:03 PM
sounds trans related, not differential.

Well, it is coming from the very rear of the car. When I had it up on the lift a couple hours ago, I checked the drive shaft. It has the U-joints like normal but the above a cross member (so I couldn't see it) there is what appears to be a slip joint of some sort. that is lose, I can turn the driveshaft probably .75"~, I don't think that is normal.

the best way I can think of to explain the noise/feeling is like when the knuckle bearing deals on a CV shaft on a FWD car break. it sounds like something with teeth is spinning inside something that is suppose to spin with it, if that makes since. if I shift into a lower gear or raise the RPM, it stops. and under heavy acceleration, everything is smooth as butter.

DustinsDuster
02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
i dont know what kind of differential setup those cars run, but keep us posted on how it goes.

if you do decide to do a 4G swap into this, let me know. if you dont feel like trying to do it yourself, i might be interested in building the wiring harness for it for cheap. now that i've done one, i'd really like to see if i could get into modifying them for other people to make a few bucks here and there.

Ricky
02-14-2011, 08:26 AM
is that the car you were working on when i drove by?

sLoWnStEaDy
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM

That was you!?!?!? I thought so but I wasn't sure. Dude, your car is WAAAAAY to fucking loud!! hahaha! Seriously, my RX7 has open headers and I think your car is louder! a high pitch, ear bleeding loud too!

Yes, though, that was the car I was working on. Putting the Taylor wires I made on it, the E3 plugs, fuel injector O-rings, and trying to figure out the boost controller.

Krumm
02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
wheres the pictures?!

Deimos
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
x2?

sLoWnStEaDy
02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry, worked on it all day Sunday, just got home from work a little bit ago and it was dark. Hopefully I can get some here soon. I mean, I can get some shitty night pics really quick, she is in desperate need of a cleaning, inside and out!

sLoWnStEaDy
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Well, I got one picture before this POS camera died. Literally, I put brand new batteries in it and it lasts about 25~ pictures, I have NO clue what is going on with it. Every time it flashes, the batteries go dead pretty much.

ANYWAYS...

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6237/conquest.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/i/conquest.jpg/)

s13kid
02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
I've always wanted one of these. I looked at a couple for a DD before I got my supra, they were all pretty junk though. Hard to find them in good shape.

85XR7Project
02-15-2011, 04:28 AM
I'd still love to find one even if it didn't run I wouldn't mind tinkering with one.

Ricky
02-15-2011, 08:26 AM

That was you!?!?!? I thought so but I wasn't sure. Dude, your car is WAAAAAY to fucking loud!! hahaha! Seriously, my RX7 has open headers and I think your car is louder! a high pitch, ear bleeding loud too!

I didn't think it was too high pitched lol. Its a Tab Fab creation. It was on coltons car and then was modified to fit on mine. It's basically a 3" straight pipe lol. The turbo loves it.

Drifte
02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
The turbo is whats high pitched. Has a lot of sweet noises coming out the back.

DustinsDuster
02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I've always wanted one of these. I looked at a couple for a DD before I got my supra, they were all pretty junk though. Hard to find them in good shape AROUND HERE.

FIXED.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Bought a few parts for it form Import Evolution...

Walbro 255
AEM wideband
AEM Boost gauge

aldo got a dual gauge pillar pod, an HKS BOV and am looking for a good used turbo. Pref. 14G so I can just stick it on the factory turbine housing and not have to mess with the down pipe at all for now. But, If I find a good deal on a nice used 16G I will grab it and do a full exhaust. It needs and exhaust anyways, it is a hacked together mess right now. 2.25" and 2.5" it looks like. Plus I want to get rid of that catalytic converter bolted to the turbine housing....

Drifte
02-18-2011, 06:54 AM
14b or 13g? What's with you and those damn HKS BOV's?! Headed in the right direction with those gauges for sure. What tuning software you gonna use? I think the afc's work for that car.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
14b or 13g? What's with you and those damn HKS BOV's?! Headed in the right direction with those gauges for sure. What tuning software you gonna use? I think the afc's work for that car.

is there no such thing as a 14G? I have read in a bunch of places that a 14G will fit right into my stock turbine housing and is a decent upgrade. as for the HKS BOV's... they are name brand, cheap and look good. I don't want a giant, chrome plated BOV under my hood.

Lastly, I am planning to get an AFC of some sort (AFC, SAFC, SAFCII), 1G DSM MAF-T and a 3" GM MAF.

AutoMods
02-18-2011, 05:48 PM
darn I just sold a used maft and a gm maf for $100 shipped. could've sold it to you. normally i don't have used stuff though.

what are you paying for hks bov's?

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
$50-$75 shipped. the one I bought last night was $69.80 shipped.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 06:05 PM

You just drove by my house again didn't you? I heard you coming from a ways away, sounded like you came from down Bramble st...? That shit is SSSOOOOO LOOOOUUUUDD! LOL :butthead:

Deimos
02-18-2011, 06:08 PM
pics man the suspense

Drifte
02-18-2011, 06:11 PM

is there no such thing as a 14G? I have read in a bunch of places that a 14G will fit right into my stock turbine housing and is a decent upgrade. as for the HKS BOV's... they are name brand, cheap and look good. I don't want a giant, chrome plated BOV under my hood.

Lastly, I am planning to get an AFC of some sort (AFC, SAFC, SAFCII), 1G DSM MAF-T and a 3" GM MAF.

Well FP makes one but if you want cheap and effective you want to get rid of the stock 02 housing and run a 14b or 16g. 20g is probably overkill I think those motors are only good for 250hp stock internals. And if the HKS is cheap, its not genuine. Cheap and good would be to grab one from a 1g dsm.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 06:14 PM
pics man the suspense

I posted one... I will try to get more this weekend. I will be driving the turd to BWW to grab the parts from IE... she needs paint and the exhaust is horrible.

Deimos
02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
unfornately i will be working saturday so i will not be there. wish i could make it

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Well FP makes one but if you want cheap and effective you want to get rid of the stock 02 housing and run a 14b or 16g. 20g is probably overkill I think those motors are only good for 250hp stock internals. And if the HKS is cheap, its not genuine. Cheap and good would be to grab one from a 1g dsm.

I asked an HKS dealer online about the BOV's. They said the easiest way to tell is to look at the color of the diaghram or something like that. Either way, I used an eBay BOV on my talon and it worked out fine. Pretty sure Chase has had one on his SRT-4 since he bough it too. but IDK...

Stickign with the stock turbo for now unless I find a great deal on a 16G. I also have the spare engine layimg around I was thinking about building up a little bit. A "good" stock engine can handle over 300hp~. Mine only has 90k~ miles on it but id not going to take that I don't think! I am just going to throw the parts on, max out the little 12A and see what happens.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh... forgot to mention the system (yeah, you all knew it was coming)...

I decided to go cheap and "main stream" this time around, my Budget is $1k for the entire system.

2) RE Audio SeX 10"s ($250~)
Power Acoustik CPT1-5500D (about 2Kw rms @ 1ohm real power) ($225~)
Power Acoutsik CPT4-1700 (about 150w rms X 4 @ 4ohm real power) ($100~)
Fusion 6.5"s components in the rear ($70~)
OptiDrive 5.25" components up front ($100~)
stock alt & 250A dual rectifier alt. ($150~, CRAZY deal on these right now! normally $500~)
KnuKoncepts wire as always... ($50~)

box will be 2.5ft net @ 36hz~ via a single 6" aero port...

sLoWnStEaDy
02-19-2011, 07:31 AM
A couple better pictures

Yeah, Thank god I am finally moving stuff out to the shop! all my vehicles, plus one in the garage plus I might be grabbing the Nova from KobleTsi. there is an engine (G54B) in the back of the brown truck, there is a crate engine (LQ1) in my moms garage and there is an engine (460/C6) in my garage as well. Plus my motorcycle and the RX7...
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/4908/conquest001.jpg (http://img828.imageshack.us/i/conquest001.jpg/)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1839/conquest002.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/i/conquest002.jpg/)

AutoMods
02-19-2011, 10:05 AM
There is some really tricky hks knock offs out there. I have this knock off hks timer here that I can show you , the packaging color and everything is replicated. very hard to tell the difference. But I think geniune hks bov would be $150+

Drifte
02-19-2011, 10:19 AM
That looks really good in the pics. Were you standing on the roof?

sLoWnStEaDy
02-19-2011, 11:13 AM
That looks really good in the pics. Were you standing on the roof?

It looks better in pictures than in person. The clear coat is peeling really bad and there is some rust on both sides of the rear wheel (no to bad though). Where the clear coat is gone, looks GREAT, where there is still clar coat is brown/blue. the Blue is from the foam crap at the car wash...

If you mean was I standing on the roof of my house when I took the pictures, no... LOL, I took those pics through my front window. If you are referring to what looks like a dented roof on the Conquest in the first pictures, that is just moisture making it look dented.

Drifte
02-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Yea I meant the roof of your house, realized it was probably your front window after i wrote that. I know how pics can make a car seem nicer for sure.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Just got an MAF-T and a 3" GM MAF... only thing left for now is an SAFC...

sLoWnStEaDy
02-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Got my gauge pod and the above mentioned stuff today. I was hoping to get it all in this weekend but that isn't going to happen. I am at the brother-in-laws house doing frame work on his '91 Nissan pickup. Talk about a fun project! LOL

The entire frame rail on the passenger side is gone, I managed to find a solid frame in Boone that we picked up. Cutting out what is left of the old frame and welding in the new one. Of course it has to be the side the brake lines and fuel lines run down! worked on it for about 4-5 hours tonight and I would say we are about 1/4 they way done.

ANYWAYS, I got all of my parts on except for the SAFC which I have yet to purchase. I got my last one for $150 shipped and I am having a hard time bringing myself to pay $250-$275 for one now... I am sure I will just "bite the bullet" before too long though.

JustinS
03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Always loved these cars, looks like a fun project.

sLoWnStEaDy
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Got a tiny bit of cleanup done on this thing... Also made some wires for it using the 4.6L DOHC Taylor wires I couldn't sell and a 3.5" intake to go along with the 3.5" GM MAF and MAF-T. Also made a pillar pod and covered both pillars with vinyl, color match is pretty decent I think. Also installed the AEM wideband and AEM boost gauges... Still a lot to do though, I have a 3" downpipe sitting here still, sooner or later I will get that on but have to wait until I can get the rest finished in 3" as well.
Also started installing my stereo stuff, just a deck and rear comps for now, going to install the front comps here soon. Just running off deck power for now, got amps sitting around but need to get my second alt put on first. They will be getting about 200W rms per speaker and a pair of 10"s getting about 1Kw rms each.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5770/dsc01662e.jpg
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8718/dsc01663x.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/936/dsc01664eu.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3401/dsc01665g.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8547/dsc01666c.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9078/dsc01667or.jpg

sparkles
05-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Pretty clean for the age.

AutoMods
05-06-2011, 06:05 PM
those seats look plush. did you paint the fiero?

sLoWnStEaDy
05-06-2011, 06:12 PM
those seats look plush. did you paint the fiero?

I love the seats!! Especially the adjustable front/bottom part, never seen that before, pretty nice. No, I didn't paint the Fiero, that is the original paint, just a picture I had from right before I sold it... Painting it later this summer though...

AutoMods
05-06-2011, 07:48 PM
i've seen adjustable seats like that in a bmw m5, mid 90's i think. definitely different