PDA

View Full Version : New air intake, Thanx Lorenzo

OldSkoolRCR
02-06-2011, 08:00 PM
This is the new set-up for the 99 this year, no more SLP lid, intake tube and hat, this will fit nicely in the hood cowl, Thanx Lorenzo for all the help.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/GsAirIntake002.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/GsAirIntake001.jpg

slow ride
02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Can't get any more free flowing than that. Going filterless I take it?

DustinsDuster
02-07-2011, 04:06 AM
i say put a screen on it and call it a day. hell yeah guys.

OldSkoolRCR
02-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Can't get any more free flowing than that. Going filterless I take it?

Im sure I will put some type of filter or screen in it, but if it gets drivin on the street, I can put the lid w/intake pipe and filter on it in 5 min.

Scott
02-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Thats what Im talking about!! I like it, Im curious what the dyno would say comparing it to the old tube set-up

StreetSweeper
02-07-2011, 12:51 PM
looks like a dinner plate if you ask me.

Scott
02-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Is the air bell fabricated or is that a purchased piece?

AutoMods
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM
interestingly, screens don't flow well for their poor filtering ability. because their surface area is crap compared to a large filter.

OldSkoolRCR
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
looks like a dinner plate if you ask me.

Scotty...It is a Ouick Fuel Air bell, then I had Chris mod it, George if you dont like it sell the fucking piece of shit car, and give me my shop space back!!!!

OldSkoolRCR
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
interestingly, screens don't flow well for their poor filtering ability. because their surface are is crap compared to a large filter.

Im gonna run it just the way you see it Ryan, Could honestly care less if it sucks in a bird!

Domestic Disturbance
02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Needs polished. Looks good. + 1 on the dyno difference, although its a new engine and can't replicate the ram air vs negative pressure area from a stand still.

Jappbox
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
I dunno how well that will work at higher speeds, depends what the air around the car does. It could hurt performance if the Volicity changes inside the cowl hood. it will prob help dyno better cause the hood will be up and you dont have air turbulence.

Rogue86
02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Looks good. I was curious as well if the bell was a hammer formed piece or something commercially available.

OldSkoolRCR
02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Looks good. I was curious as well if the bell was a hammer formed piece or something commercially available.

Quick Fuel bell from Jegs.

Drifte
02-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I dunno how well that will work at higher speeds, depends what the air around the car does. It could hurt performance if the Volicity changes inside the cowl hood. it will prob help dyno better cause the hood will be up and you dont have air turbulence.

Thats what I thought, what goes on under that cowl hood at 100mph? Not that it would be really easy to hop in a wind tunnel/dyno to find out.

OldSkoolRCR
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM

I still have the other set-up, I will try them both at the track and Dyno.

Scott
02-08-2011, 07:48 AM

Thats a very valid point, some cars that let a good amount of air in the engine compartment from the front and have a cowl hood on them actually move ALOT of air over the top of the engine when moving over 100mph "so I've heard". I know it can cause problems with carburated cars especially, but if you block off the front of the car you get better aero dynamics and fix that problem all in one, then the engine gets its air from the supposed high pressure area in front of the windsheild

FiFdYnUtZ
02-08-2011, 11:34 AM
the air going through the lid shouldn't have a TON of velocity since its coming from underneath and not through the hood like mine...i don't think its going to make much of a difference, but it probably wont hurt it either..