PDA

View Full Version : Haunted house in iowa

Domestic Disturbance
01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Take the tour its crazy shit
http://www.villiscaiowa.com/

Deimos
01-27-2011, 04:50 AM
yeah it's supposedly pretty haunted my sister wants me to go on a road trip there with her. i think the local iowa forum for ghost hunting is night pro or something.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks! I had no idea what I was going to get Skye for V-day, now I do!

TbTalon94
01-27-2011, 06:55 AM
My fiance's dad and brother went to that. They said it was pretty cool and some people got really scared. I'd like to go sometime but that stuff just interests me doesn't really frighten me.

I say that and i'll be "that guy" that got attacked by some phenomenon lol.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-27-2011, 07:09 AM
I say that and i'll be "that guy" that got attacked by some phenomenon lol.

haha! X2

I don't believe in that stuff at all and they say that is usually the one shit happens to. I will be the guy talking shit to the "ghosts" and what not. I wonder if they'd let me take an axe? If not, I will smuggle in a fake axe, that should cause some shit. We are booking it for early June instead of for V-day like I planned. It turned into a family event now, LOL...

sparkles
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Yeah, there's a show on the travel channel, "Ghost Adventures" that went and stayed the night at that house and filmed it. Story behind it sounds pretty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD_1sdQtWCw

DustinsDuster
01-27-2011, 06:09 PM
that is creepy as hell, but it is kindof tempting; being able to stay there. i've never said i'd be able to keep my wits about me if things started happening around me in a place like that; but there is a part of me that wants to find out.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
that is creepy as hell, but it is kindof tempting; being able to stay there. i've never said i'd be able to keep my wits about me if things started happening around me in a place like that; but there is a part of me that wants to find out.

future IAF meet! :) I am fuckin stoked, sucks I have to wait until June but my Step-dad is going in for open heart surgery and won't be up for anything for a few months at least. gonna be me, Skye, my mom, step dad, my sister and brother-in-law.

If anyone wants to get, I am down for a trip sooner.

TbTalon94
01-28-2011, 06:44 AM
The main house you stay in doesn't have electricity or anything and they don't let you take cell phones and stuff in there.

They do have a barn/house that has all of that if someone gets scared and needs to leave. So it's really not a big deal. I think it would be sweet if they made you stay.

Inferno333
01-28-2011, 02:46 PM
My wife loves this stuff. She wants to visit all the haunted stuff everywhere.

Domestic Disturbance
01-29-2011, 02:38 AM
Did any of you take the digital tour? Explains the story pretty well room by room.

black88gt
01-29-2011, 02:19 PM
guy i work with stayed there a few weeks ago, got pretty freaked out. had some interesting stories but its impossible to tell whats imagination and whats not when you're not there yourself.

Luminatorz34
01-30-2011, 01:12 AM
honestly id love to stay or visit this place. but you guys can call me what ever you want, but honestly im sensitive to this stuff...i can see orbs without the need of a camera. people say im sensitive to this stuff, and can actually cause spirits to "cling" to me......so im not looking to get back into that again....as im currently not bothered by them right now. lol i contacted ghost hunters, and actually talked to pastors of churches about this, and they do say it can happen, as they say about 7-8% of americas population have this "gift". my uncle being one of the pastors ive talked to told me about his experiences as well when he was a teenager he was a satan worshipper, and told me about stuff that would happen, as in people levitating, unexplained un human like strengths an what not, although he believes in gods spirits, and that side of things, but he told me about both sides which was really neat to hear.. and to answer everyones answers, no im not on drugs, nor have i used, or even touched drugs. no need to.

although the house i moved out of (rental) was also haunted
you would hear people talk in the basement at around 3-4am. hear people walk up stairs around 2-230am and nothing there...pictures would literally come UP and off the wall about 3-4 feet. one of my cats got thrown down and shoved all the way across the kitchen/dining room.

my old house in lisbon was haunted pretty hard core. as in it would make stuff disappear. such as i went to the house a while ago to get some paint my mother had left there. i went to the basement to grab it, and the deep freezer was gone. i went up stairs thinking nothing of it, went back down for more paint and there was the deep frezzer sitting there.

KEITH, im talking about the house i lived at when you and i traded the blaster for my old 3.4 dohc engine. that place was messed up. i came home and was the only person in the house. went to the bathroom which was right off the kitchen, came back out and literally every cabinet, and drawers, even the dish washer were all open. needless to say i got the F out of there...

Deimos
01-30-2011, 07:14 AM
lol it's all part of owning an old house bud.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-30-2011, 07:32 AM
honestly id love to stay or visit this place. but you guys can call me what ever you want, but honestly im sensitive to this stuff...i can see orbs without the need of a camera. people say im sensitive to this stuff, and can actually cause spirits to "cling" to me......so im not looking to get back into that again....as im currently not bothered by them right now. lol i contacted ghost hunters, and actually talked to pastors of churches about this, and they do say it can happen, as they say about 7-8% of americas population have this "gift". my uncle being one of the pastors ive talked to told me about his experiences as well when he was a teenager he was a satan worshipper, and told me about stuff that would happen, as in people levitating, unexplained un human like strengths an what not, although he believes in gods spirits, and that side of things, but he told me about both sides which was really neat to hear.. and to answer everyones answers, no im not on drugs, nor have i used, or even touched drugs. no need to.

although the house i moved out of (rental) was also haunted
you would hear people talk in the basement at around 3-4am. hear people walk up stairs around 2-230am and nothing there...pictures would literally come UP and off the wall about 3-4 feet. one of my cats got thrown down and shoved all the way across the kitchen/dining room.

my old house in lisbon was haunted pretty hard core. as in it would make stuff disappear. such as i went to the house a while ago to get some paint my mother had left there. i went to the basement to grab it, and the deep freezer was gone. i went up stairs thinking nothing of it, went back down for more paint and there was the deep frezzer sitting there.

KEITH, im talking about the house i lived at when you and i traded the blaster for my old 3.4 dohc engine. that place was messed up. i came home and was the only person in the house. went to the bathroom which was right off the kitchen, came back out and literally every cabinet, and drawers, even the dish washer were all open. needless to say i got the F out of there...

Crazy shit... I don't believe in any "paranormal" crap myself but. Who knows, I also don't believe in "evolution" or "equal rights" LOL

TbTalon94
01-31-2011, 06:29 AM
lol you're even racists to spirits!

Ricky
01-31-2011, 08:16 AM
lol you're even racists to spirits!

LOL

Drifte
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
are all ghosts white?

skipdownstairs
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
I myself has been freaked out a few times from the unknown having endured the whole make the hair on the back of your neck stand up thing. One time I actually saw something look in my bedroom door even to hear my dog growl which never does made my experience more realistic!!! I got up turned on the light checked everywhere nothing to be found so is it our imaginations?? What was the dog growling at??

I feel sorry for what ever happened to that family in that house its horrible but what if with all the technology we have today somebody wired it up to make it that way. If we can put somebody on the moon in the 50s I don't think it would be to hard to wire it up with all the cool gadgets we have today not saying I wouldn't be scared because that is expected if shits moving around and hearing voices.. Just my .02

Caleb
01-31-2011, 11:04 PM
Haunted places would definitely be an interest of mine if I could start that up. And just like most people, I would have to be there to experience it for myself to solidify myself to be a believer. And as for "us landing on the moon" in the 50's, it was in the "60's". But even then doing your own research about the moon landing, there's just as many holes in its probability of it actually happening as the official story of what happened on 9/11.

But none the less, haunted stuff is very interesting.

TbTalon94
02-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Let's not get off track...

We went to the moon, many times...just not the time everyone saw in the 60's.

ZacFields
02-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Oh jesus we're challenging the moon landing again. Those myths (or "holes") have been debunked several times. And again like Trevor said, we went to the moon multiple times, not just once.

http://www.braeunig.us/space/hoax.htm

TbTalon94
02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Holy crap that's a long article!

Caleb
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Regardless Zac, posting a link claiming to debunk all that shit doesn't really mean much.
Mythbusters did an episode debunking all the stuff that was right up there alley with special effects/lighting in pictures and so forth and was funded by Nasa, and with funded influence, its not hard to say it was true. But I don't want to get into it with you guys since it seems like you already have your mind made up about it. I'm into political science and looking into conspiracies and I do enjoy reading into them. I pick out the more probable things rather than the outlandish claims of certain things. There's just some inconsistencies I find with somethings after doing research on it and I've taught myself to question things instead of believing what I'm told from the media / big companies.

But not to stray off topic, like I said, believing in ghosts and haunted stuff is something you'd have to have a personal experience with to know that there is something deeper than what you've heard about. I am an avid Ghost Hunters watcher because it is entertaining and interesting. But at the same time, I wish I was there to have a better grasp on the reality of it too weed out whats fact/fiction with that show.

DustinsDuster
02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Regardless Zac, posting a link claiming to debunk all that shit doesn't really mean much.
Mythbusters did an episode debunking all the stuff that was right up there alley with special effects/lighting in pictures and so forth and was funded by Nasa, and with funded influence, its not hard to say it was true. But I don't want to get into it with you guys since it seems like you already have your mind made up about it. I'm into political science and looking into conspiracies and I do enjoy reading into them. I pick out the more probable things rather than the outlandish claims of certain things. There's just some inconsistencies I find with somethings after doing research on it and I've taught myself to question things instead of believing what I'm told from the media / big companies.

But not to stray off topic, like I said, believing in ghosts and haunted stuff is something you'd have to have a personal experience with to know that there is something deeper than what you've heard about. I am an avid Ghost Hunters watcher because it is entertaining and interesting. But at the same time, I wish I was there to have a better grasp on the reality of it too weed out whats face/fiction with that show.

to this point, you seem a lot like many conspiracy theorists i see; you're looking for a conspiracy, and you're finding it, whether its really there or not.

TbTalon94
02-02-2011, 06:55 AM

But not to stray off topic, like I said, believing in ghosts and haunted stuff is something you'd have to have a personal experience with to know that there is something deeper than what you've heard about. I am an avid Ghost Hunters watcher because it is entertaining and interesting. But at the same time, I wish I was there to have a better grasp on the reality of it too weed out whats face/fiction with that show.

Start a new thread and throw some info around. I love debating these topics and looking into things. I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist myself...but not the usual it didn't happen lies lies. There's always another story.

Drifte
02-02-2011, 07:19 AM
"I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist myself..."

Not just kinda.

My house isn't haunted, I have never seen a ghost, and Neil Armstrongs the shit.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-02-2011, 08:59 AM
While we're debating whether fake shit is fake or not, Santa called me.

sLoWnStEaDy
02-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Was he with the Tooth Fairy by chance? that little fag still owes me like $3...

SaNdMaNsSi
02-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Was he with the Tooth Fairy by chance? that little fag still owes me like $3...

No, but Mrs. Clause was getting a "Frosty the Snowman" from a penguin.

ZacFields
02-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Start a new thread and throw some info around. I love debating these topics and looking into things. I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist myself...but not the usual it didn't happen lies lies. There's always another story.

Agreed with Trevor. Start up the topic and people will debate you on it.

Just because we don't agree with the moon landing conspiracy theory doesn't mean we weren't "taught to question things." Far from it. In fact, we're questioning what YOU and other conspiracy theorists are telling us. The link I posted was created by someone who has no affiliation with the US government. Don't assume that people who don't believe in the moon landing hoax just aren't informed. I'm very informed on the "moon landing hoax." My point is that I've never before seen a hoax claim regarding the moon landing that wasn't debunked. Not a single one.

Google it if you don't want to use my source. There are plenty of other scientists who have debunked every piece of the conspiracy theory. I don't think NASA pays for all of that, and if they do then I want in on it. Because some of the main arguments for the conspiracy are so incredibly easy to debunk using a camera and a few space toys that I could do it myself. When someone shows you a moon landing photo and says "it's impossible that these shadows would line up like that" and then someone takes a camera, a single light source, and shows you that yes, it is possible. Kind of makes you wonder about the credibility of the conspiracy theorist.

But again, start up the topic. I won't waste a lot of time on it but I will definitely drop in and join the debate. To be fair, I do subscribe to some conspiracy theories... SOME. Just not this one. Trevor knows I am open-minded about this stuff.

sparkles
02-02-2011, 12:42 PM

No he didn't. That's impossible.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk276/ericksonb06/Avatars/SantaClausisDeadRIP.jpg

LT1Dan
02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
My house isn't haunted, I have never seen a ghost, and Neil Armstrongs the shit.

semi-related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmZDCLY ... r_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFmZDCLY6PI&feature=player_embedded)

Caleb
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
to this point, you seem a lot like many conspiracy theorists i see; you're looking for a conspiracy, and you're finding it, whether its really there or not.

All I am really doing is just examining what other people are saying about a certain conspiracies and just looking at all the evidence, finding the most probable things to look at that just seem odd to me and out of place and look into it. But in the big picture, I don't really know. I'm not one of those guys who just rolls over right away and says this is how it is after a quick glance. But I will have strong beliefs about certain opinions. I just think its fun and stimulating for the brain to look at different things and draw your own conclusions on debatable topics.

And Zac, to be honest, if Nasa did something with the moon as far as getting clear pictures of the Landers and the Flags that are on the moon, I would be more inclined to believe it in a heartbeat instead of being in question, especially with all the technological advances we've made in the past 40 years ( which I am big on )

And I think I may start one up sometime soon. I think 9/11 would be a more plausible one to look at rather than the moon landing. But either way, everyone would have to keep it clean and fun.

ZacFields
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
I started one up Caleb - I got bored. Nobody else is at work today. lol

The 9/11 one... we did that one a few years ago. It got pretty nasty. The reason I don't like that one is because the "truth" will never be known and the conspiracy theories on that one get extremely crazy. There was a guy in the Gazette a couple years ago claiming that someone had created a device that could control hurricanes and they had one on the way to new york in case the the attack failed, and once the attack was successful the hurricane turned right back around and disappeared. Just some crazy stuff that's way too out there for me.

By all means start up a 9/11 one though if you want. I'll have to stay out of that one though because I remember that one getting really intense. When two sides are arguing about something that neither of them can prove, it just gets nasty. The moon landing at least has some real science to it other than "steel doesn't melt" or whatever Rosie Odonnel was saying.

skipdownstairs
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I was just checking to see if you paid attention in History class ;) lol

Drifte
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
"steel doesn't melt" or whatever Rosie Odonnel was saying.

wait...what?

ZacFields
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't know enough about it Colton. Rosie Odonnell is one of those 9/11 conspiracy theorists and said something at some point about how jet fuel can't melt steel or something along those lines. I care so little about that topic that I'm not even going to Google it. lol

Drifte
02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Probably similar to one of the endless debates Trevor and I have with people about aluminum exhaust and it melting....answer is no it wont. But some people are very hard to reach.

Ricky
02-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Probably similar to one of the endless debates Trevor and I have with people about aluminum exhaust and it melting....answer is no it wont. But some people are very hard to reach.

It wont melt.... hell the tip doesn't even get very hot

Even "if" burning jet fuel cant melt steal the damn thing was on fire long after the jet fuel was burned up. so it will keep getting hotter and hotter burning up the rest of the building.

85XR7Project
02-04-2011, 08:21 AM
It may not melt it but that doesnt mean it didnt get soft as hell which I am sure it did. Rosie O'Donnel is an idiot anyway.

ZacFields
02-04-2011, 12:23 PM
It may not melt it but that doesnt mean it didnt get soft as hell which I am sure it did. Rosie O'Donnel is an idiot anyway.

This is truth.

Ricky
02-04-2011, 12:55 PM
she would eat her own foot if it had enough gravy on it

ZacFields
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
She would eat her own foot if it had some Obama splooge on it.

Drifte
02-04-2011, 01:45 PM
she would eat her own foot.

Ricky
02-04-2011, 02:13 PM
she would eat

Drifte
02-04-2011, 02:18 PM
anything

85XR7Project
02-04-2011, 03:16 PM
she would eat

...herself if she could.

Stutz
02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Me and some friends are going to go there sometime before one of them leaves for the air force. And film it and make it into a movie called ghost bigfoot and sell it to the syfy channel. Seriously thats the plan lol.