PDA

View Full Version : F-Body Dropping the K-member? ya right

OldSkoolRCR
01-21-2011, 07:23 PM
All the BS about getting F-body motors in/out by dropping the K-member...oh NO! not EddyB, Im Oldskool, took me 10min to put the motor in.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/motorinstall001.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/motorinstall002.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/OldskoolRcr/motorinstall003.jpg

Deimos
01-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Did you cheat by cutting the radiator support? I have known people that take the engine out the front, but ya have to take alot off. Looks like Eddy b is getting it done!

OldSkoolRCR
01-21-2011, 07:30 PM
No cheating, it was already cut.

Deimos
01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
lol I got my engine and tranny in through the top on mine with a centimeter to spare only later to cut the radiator support. Talk about making life harder for yourself.

Rogue86
01-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Shit son, engine and trans go in and out together in my 4th gen. With the radiator support in place. 8)

Looking Good!

StreetSweeper
01-21-2011, 11:56 PM
So nice to see it going back together! Cant wait to smash them freshly repaird headers hahaha!

Domestic Disturbance
01-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Did you cheat by cutting the radiator support? I have known people that take the engine out the front, but ya have to take alot off. Looks like Eddy b is getting it done!
haha ya, look at all that room in there. I wish I had that much space

OldSkoolRCR
01-22-2011, 07:27 AM
haha ya, look at all that room in there. I wish I had that much space

Bring it over, I'll open it up for ya....No problem.

Domestic Disturbance
01-23-2011, 05:22 AM
I like my ac, wipers, cowl, etc :supz: keeps it nice and slow

sparkles
01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
What type of K Member is that? Where'd you get it and how much?

allgo
01-23-2011, 12:12 PM
eddy b doing work son..

K-ville
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
pics are blurry. shoulda used your cam caddy! lol

Jappbox
01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
put it in without me? i told yea to call and I would help, one person needs to run the lift jack! lol

OldSkoolRCR
01-23-2011, 09:05 PM
It has wipers, and the cowl filler panel, who needs A/C :biggrin:

OldSkoolRCR
01-23-2011, 09:06 PM

UMI I beleve, I will double check, got everything from Speed Inc.

OldSkoolRCR
01-23-2011, 09:08 PM
put it in without me? i told yea to call and I would help, one person needs to run the lift jack! lol

Dam, sorry Jesse, I do need help putting in the tranny this week though. I will call ya.

OldSkoolRCR
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
pics are blurry. shoulda used your cam caddy! lol

Those pics are being Drunk with a Cam Caddie...lol

sparkles
01-24-2011, 10:25 AM

That's what I figured. Looks good. The rest of my suspension pieces are from UMI. That's probably the K member I'm going with before I throw my motor back in. Any complaints with it? I assume you got the tubular front control arms too?

OldSkoolRCR
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM

That's what I figured. Looks good. The rest of my suspension pieces are from UMI. That's probably the K member I'm going with before I throw my motor back in. Any complaints with it? I assume you got the tubular front control arms too?

Everything tubular, No issues, great product.

Domestic Disturbance
01-25-2011, 01:52 AM
I believe the wiper motor is supposed to be where the cowl is clearly cut out :biggrin: So whats the new powerplant?

OldSkoolRCR
01-25-2011, 05:36 AM
I believe the wiper motor is supposed to be where the cowl is clearly cut out :biggrin: So whats the new powerplant?

Oh no! It has functional wipers, Its a N20 built 4xx cubic in, with a new set of CNCd heads, more compression. Nothing special, just a buget build. hopefully low 9s.

Deimos
01-25-2011, 05:48 AM

Oh no! It has functional wipers, Its a N20 built 4xx cubic in, with a new set of CNCd heads, more compression. Nothing special, just a buget build. hopefully low 9s.

Sounds similar to what ya had before. u running the herman special hand operated wipers lol

StreetSweeper
01-25-2011, 01:03 PM
the whipers work dude! you will see it when its back together its all there!

OldSkoolRCR
01-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Sounds similar to what ya had before. u running the herman special hand operated wipers lol

No...before it was a stock L92 headed 6.0, Now its a budget build.

Domestic Disturbance
01-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Haha not trying to make a big deal out of it, guess I'm just misinformed :) . what heads?

OldSkoolRCR
01-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Haha not trying to make a big deal out of it, guess I'm just misinformed :) . what heads?

CNCd L92s done by Advanced Inductions out of NC

Deimos
01-26-2011, 06:17 AM
:WORSHIP:

69gt4speed
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm with you Ed, ppl talked out their azz about swapping a ford mod engine. yes, you can do it either way but most ppl don't have a hyd lift at home. Hope to see it run hard this yr. :supz:

StreetSweeper
01-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm with you Ed, ppl talked out their azz about swapping a ford mod engine. yes, you can do it either way but most ppl don't have a hyd lift at home. Hope to see it run hard this yr. :supz:

Id lke to see it make a comlete pass off the bumper without wheelie bars!

sparkles
01-26-2011, 04:18 PM

No, but you could lift the front of the car with an engine hoist....

LT1Dan
01-26-2011, 05:38 PM

No, but you could lift the front of the car with an engine hoist....

Yep. We did it in my garage that way.

69gt4speed
01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
^ Yea I suppose sparkles although my garage ceiling is low maybe 7 ft that is it. I also have seen those cross brace bars to hold the engine while you pull just the k member. And to put on hdrs.

sparkles
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I got that same problem. Low ceiling. Hopefully a new garage in the spring will fix that.

Deimos
01-27-2011, 04:48 AM
must be nice to have money

69gt4speed
01-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I got that same problem. Low ceiling. Hopefully a new garage in the spring will fix that.

Post up some pics, my friendly coworker ford guy has a super deluxe pole like garage w a 4 post lift and also can store another car up top w another car underneath. He is planning on a 2nd 4 post lift. Must be nice, his wife makes a good amount of $ also, unlike mine. This guy just now needs a good car imo. He has some fiat sports car he barely fits in and a early like falcon, a comet and late 70's bronco w a bbf swap.

sparkles
01-27-2011, 02:03 PM
must be nice to have money

It's the first time in 10 years that I can actually say that I'm comfortable, and if I want to buy some parts for my car online, I don't have to ask permission, save up for 3 months by eating cold reconstitued meat sandwiches for lunch, work 70hrs a week, and sell off 9 things just to by 1, just to get it. I'm by no means a big baller like Joe, but I consider myself pretty lucky and fortunate in the money aspect of things. I can't wait to see what it's like when I'm not paying child support for 3 kids to 2 different women. My wife makes decent money, but it's nothing to brag about. I myself probably make more than I should for the amount of work I actually produce, but I spend a lot of hours off the clock, answering calls, fixing other peoples problems, driving all over the state, managing 16 employees that don't know the first damn thing about wiring a house let alone a 200 unit senior center, and doing a lot of oddball things that come up. So, I don't feel bad about it at all. Especially beings how the construction industry is hit and miss. You can be busy for 2 or 3 years beyond belief, and the next 2 years you have to take a job installing dishwashers just to get by.