PDA

View Full Version : Phase laebvwu.`871248609b WVA8W3YOR!!!!

BUCKETT
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
The Bullet is back! Hide you Xi or Ysi or Procharger or what ever!! Once your bottle fed you never go back. Cant beat a carb and a little, or mabe a large blue bottle!!! Here is a pick. Dont want to let all the good ness out. Why build a big block when small blocks can go SOOOOOOO BIG!!!!

By the way that is diamonds hard anodized piston.

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt220/BUCKETT388/SLUGS001.jpg

StreetSweeper
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Diamond FTW!!!

FiFdYnUtZ
01-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Nice piston man! Haha

red 95
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Hell Ya Bigger is better! Now how many stages are you spraying?

Clinical
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Man that thing just looks tough

Deimos
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
What controller you using for the stages buckett?

DustinsDuster
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
how big a shot do you run- if you don't mind sharing?

Scott
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah come on man just a picture of the top of your piston doesnt say much!! Except you for the fact its a flat top and with a big CID your more than likely too high of compression to run pump gas. and the valve relief's are very close to the edge of the piston which also tells me it probably isnt THAT big of bore unless you changed cylinders heads as well. When I think big CID small blocks Im thinking more along the lines of 440+, something tells me it isnt that big but correct me if Im wrong.

Looks good though, I wish I could have put coated pistons in mine when I rebuilt it last year Im sure you'll be happy with it I have good things about them on the bullet all over the place

Rogue86
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
I heard he was going flat top & small cubes to keep the compression low enough for the turbo...

BUCKETT
01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Its 4.125. You know they make a 460 inch windsor!

BUCKETT
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
With all the secrets going around! I will just do a few of mine own. Now for the 3 stages. Edelbrock controler for each. Just come out and see. It will be fun even if it only runs 5.50's

Scott
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
nice, it didnt look like a piston out of big bore like that.. Shows how much I know I guess LOL. Looks like we're both going to have a nightmare of a time trying to get multiple stages working this year. Good luck with it man Im sure with your attention to detail and work ethic you WILL make it work

69gt4speed
01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Everybody has a sbf block now, wow the old days of junkyard crap is gone if you have a few $. Hell w 289 hp or mexican 302 blocks or early windsors.

Deimos
01-18-2011, 05:27 AM
Secrets are fun

Scott
01-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Everybody has a sbf block now, wow the old days of junkyard crap is gone if you have a few $. Hell w 289 hp or mexican 302 blocks or early windsors.

I still have a good set of 4bbl cleveland heads sitting around I need to use for a clevor project. Been waiting to find a good deal on a intake for it

red 95
01-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Scott what you looking for in a intake. I have some laying around.

Scott
01-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Clevor intake, 2bbl or 4bbl cleveland heads installed on a 9.5 deck windsor block.

slow ride
01-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Is it just me or does the surface finish on the block seem a little rough? I don't see any oring so are you running a MLS gasket? I'd hand lap the surface to get surface RA smooth as possible to keep things sealed up tight.

Scott
01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Is it just me or does the surface finish on the block seem a little rough? I don't see any oring so are you running a MLS gasket? I'd hand lap the surface to get surface RA smooth as possible to keep things sealed up tight.

Thats about what mine looks like too, I was concerned the first time I assembled it but after what my engine went through in 09 it proved to be a non-issue with the exception of a oil leak that Im not 100% sure was caused by the deck surface. Combustion pressure and coolant sealed up perfectly.

black88gt
01-21-2011, 07:58 AM

I still have a good set of 4bbl cleveland heads sitting around I need to use for a clevor project. Been waiting to find a good deal on a intake for it

mmmm clevor :)

those intakes are still so damn expensive though. throw a set of CHI heads on and we'll call it a clevor ;)

Scott
01-21-2011, 09:17 AM

mmmm clevor :)

those intakes are still so damn expensive though. throw a set of CHI heads on and we'll call it a clevor ;)

Yeah I've been wanting to build a nice budget clevor for about 10 years now, but yeah those intakes are hard to justify sometimes!! "and I dont have car to put it in right now" I almost went with the big CNC CHI heads on my engine last go around but I decided to keep a inline valve heads just to keep it open for more classes and weight breaks for the future. They make some impressive power with the right mixture of parts

red 95
01-21-2011, 04:15 PM
Clevor intake, 2bbl or 4bbl cleveland heads installed on a 9.5 deck windsor block.

Have a B&A Track Boss and a Roush A-351
$350.00 a each for the 9.5 deck

BUCKETT
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM

Have been running MLS head gaskets on that surface for 5 years. Started with cometic and they leak when the engine sat 1 day after a race. would get rusty plugs and would check them after each run. Went to felpro MLS and never looked back. They seem to seal up coolant better. Went with the MLS and Not the MLS SD4. Talked a little with Scotty and just did not have any concern last time and the SD4 are $20 more a gasket.

slow ride
01-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Well I ment to put it in my post, but left the part out about "if your not having problems don't fix it". To late now :) I'll just say for others that if you have a problem and are running a mls gasket getting the surface finish smooth as possible will do wonders keeping things sealed up. I've hand lapped many different heads/blocks (one was my old talon pushing coolant bad on it's first cometic) and trust me it works well. At a minimum I'd run 400 grit wet paper with wd40 or something like it and make sure the block you wrap the paper on is very true.

What is the difference between the two Felpro mls gaskets?

Scott
01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Well I ment to put it in my post, but left the part out about "if your not having problems don't fix it". To late now :) I'll just say for others that if you have a problem and are running a mls gasket getting the surface finish smooth as possible will do wonders keeping things sealed up. I've hand lapped many different heads/blocks (one was my old talon pushing coolant bad on it's first cometic) and trust me it works well. At a minimum I'd run 400 grit wet paper with wd40 or something like it and make sure the block you wrap the paper on is very true.

What is the difference between the two Felpro mls gaskets?

I spoke to Fel-Pro and could not get any real straight answer, what I did get from them is there is 4 layers on the SD4 and 3 on the standard. Aparently developed by some nascar teams to handle more movement between the head and block surface due to high heat. Keep in mind this is just what they told me. I went with the severe duty gasket "SD4" and its working well so far. I wanted to hand lap the deck surface last time around but couldnt find a block I trusted to be true enough