PDA

View Full Version : Magic Jack

sLoWnStEaDy
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Anyone else use this? I take the cell phone to work with me (so I don't have to use the company phone to make personal calls) but otherwise be and Skye are always together. Therefore, no need to have a second cell phone for $50+ a month. Magic Jack is $20/yr in ace you haven't seen the infomercials.

Anywho, we got it the other day and so far we are very happy with it. We have made a ton of local calls and a dozen or so long distance calls to the east coast, west coast, etc... So far, we haven't had any issues. Sometimes, it does sound a little weird, like you are on speaker phone but only about 10% of the time and only on long distance calls.

So, my "review" is that it is well worth the tiny bit of money. Now we don't have to spend the extra $20/mo for long distance on the cell phone and we don't have to stand by a window or outside to make a call like we sometimes had to with the cell phone! LOL The only other thing I don't "like" is the numbers are weird, the C.R. prefix is 804 but no biggie as that doesn't really matter...

Deimos
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe I will get it. Sounds promising,

sLoWnStEaDy
01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Maybe I will get it. Sounds promising,

I was VERY skeptical, as I am with every infomercial item. I have never bought anything from an infomercial, I got this at Wal-Mart so if it sucked, I could just return it. For sure works better than the cell phone does 90% of the time (MegaTalk) and the free long distance thing is pretty much the reason we got it.

Caleb
01-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I think its voice over IP, thats why it sounds funny.

Drifte
01-12-2011, 08:07 AM
I think its voice over IP, thats why it sounds funny.
exactly, but it does work worldwide. It's not bad.

derek072887
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
you can take that and plug it into any computer that has internet around the world and have the same phone number! and doesn't cost any extra if you are out of the country! pretty neat. only down fall is the computer has to be on and you have to have highspeed internet.. but who doesn't these days