PDA

View Full Version : MAMAMIA

clutchmuch
01-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Well i was just browsing craigslist and found a familiar picture..

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/cto/2108801122.html

laser's just factory displacement 2.0

daily is my $800 5speed 1.5 civic
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs508.snc3/26715_1449484470845_1045228797_31329440_6812193_n. jpg

Your really trying to sell this for $2000, if anyone buys that they are retarded with 236k
miles lmfao

Sleeping
01-10-2011, 06:52 AM
I see no problem with that asking price. From the picture the body does not look horrible like most and even with 236,XXX its still got plenty of life left in it.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-10-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't see any problem with that price. In fact, that's a pretty damn good price for an import that looks to be in good condition. The chances of the value of that car dropping any more are nil. If I were looking for a cheap, reliable car, this would be a great buy.

JacobS
01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
thats about what the car is worth.

85XR7Project
01-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Actually that's a pretty good price for such a solid civic.

I DO however think it's pretty retarded you come on here and run your mouth about everyone else. No one is going to take you seriously.

Drifte
01-10-2011, 08:22 AM
He had it for sale way back for much cheaper, I wanted to buy it then but he decided to keep it. I wouldn't spend this much for a mpg car, I would just get a bike. But it is a solid car for its age/miles.

Krumm
01-10-2011, 09:03 AM
no way i'd pay 2k for a car with that many miles and cancer on the rear quarter.

Clinical
01-10-2011, 09:55 AM
It's a simple matter, if it sells it sells.
If it doesnt, who cares. I dont need to sell it. But if I could get 1500 out of it I'd take it and get a truck.

I actually back in October i think it was, had someone who was crazy about it and wanted to give me 1500 for it super bad. Then the laser finished off its headgasket and I had to keep it.

Then two weeks ago I had someone email me just straight forward that he'd like to give me a solid offer of 1800 and said he'd come down and get it the next day as he needed a car ASAP, unfortunately I worked both days all day and couldn't meet him until next weekend and he bought something else more local, bummer but oh well.

Everything's always for sale for the right price.

Like I said, if it sells it sells. I really don't care. It runs perfect and has no problems. I know it's not worth what I'm asking. Real worth I'd say 1300(which I've had a ton of 1300 offers but I just tell everyone that while it may not book for anymore, 1500 is what it is worth to me and what it'd take for me to sell it). I bought it needing CV shafts and a few other minor things.. I still got a good deal on it as the guy really didn't realize he had such a sought after car.

If you don't like my price, don't buy it.
If I ever actually want to sell it, I'll list it for less.
I figure if I can get 1500 out of it I'll do it, and finally get an s10 or ranger and use the extra money on some stuff for the laser.

DustinsDuster
01-10-2011, 01:53 PM
honestly, if the Ram50 gets around alright in the winter, i'd probably try and sell the Jimmy for two to three times the amount i've paid for it as well. i've also done a lot of maintenance and parts replacing on it since i bought it, and am still doing bodywork on it as well. it'd be the same game mamamia here is playing. the truck is very useful, pretty cheap to have and nice to have around. if i could make a good profit on it down the road, and dont need it anymore; i'd be happy to let it go. if no one wanted it for my price; fuck it, i'll just keep it around to have a 4WD truck around when i need it.

i know some times its tempting to call someone out on an outrageous asking price or something; but its really a dick move. unless the person is really asking for it, i usually just roll my eyes and hold my peace.

Clinical
01-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, if I liked the car I'd keep it. but i hate it, looks retarded haha. I hate driving it, I only bought it because I did get such a good deal on it and it is very reliable.

I've always wanted a S10 though.. Mainly cause of all the scrap I haul and I HATE HATE HATE bagging our grass/walnuts, was so much nicer when I could just haul it with my Grandpa's s10 before he passed away and gave it to my step mom who drove it with no oil changes for 2 years until it blew.