PDA

View Full Version : WTB: exhaust stacks...

sLoWnStEaDy
01-04-2011, 08:47 PM
anyone have or know of any? I was going to buy them new but they just wouldn't look right all shiny and what not on the truck. I would like 4ft+ tall 4"~ diameter...

Let Me Know...

85XR7Project
01-04-2011, 08:58 PM
You should just make your own and paint em like a flat black of some sort. It'd look sweet on that thing.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-05-2011, 06:42 AM
You should just make your own and paint em like a flat black of some sort. It'd look sweet on that thing.

That's why I was hoping to find some used and abused ones. I don't want to buy brand new chrome ones only to paint them...

85XR7Project
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I meant buy normal pipe and cut it and weld and such. I didn't mean chrome ones and such. Either way you go that f150 should look much better with the stacks, it is a flare side box correct?

Drifte
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM
copy stacey davids army rig?

Buy some 6" pipe, angle cut, and paint whatever color you want.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I meant buy normal pipe and cut it and weld and such. I didn't mean chrome ones and such. Either way you go that f150 should look much better with the stacks, it is a flare side box correct?

the box is a stepside from an 80's GMC

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5803/f150f.jpg (http://img577.imageshack.us/i/f150f.jpg/)

Drifte
01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/m/mr0wu8nwsztxtzcMLBW5EHg/140.jpg

85XR7Project
01-06-2011, 08:09 AM
^Never been a fan of those, they look stupid when they get rusted stuck.

I was thinking something somewhat like this. With the tighter turndowns and sharp cuts, do that with a piece of normal pipe with a 45* angle bent into the end maybe and paint em black and it'd look pretty damn sweet IMO.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I drive by some hillbilly's place every day that has a truck just like that in the driveway next to a blue and primered black Fiero.....

When you get it done, my 16 acres is just a mile down the road from you, and I have a Wrangler. Enough said?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I drive by some hillbilly's place every day that has a truck just like that in the driveway next to a blue and primered black Fiero.....

When you get it done, my 16 acres is just a mile down the road from you, and I have a Wrangler. Enough said?

:butthead: HaHa... the place is getting rough lookin' now days! Skye decided it would be better to park the van in the yard than in the street so, that doesn't help any! LOL

Some good stuff at your place for the truck? I am rebuilding the carb and then she'll be good to go. I was trying to figure out where the hell I am going to take it!

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't really find anything decent priced so I am probably just going to run standard dual straight pipes for now.

SaNdMaNsSi
01-06-2011, 01:47 PM

:butthead: HaHa... the place is getting rough lookin' now days! Skye decided it would be better to park the van in the yard than in the street so, that doesn't help any! LOL

Some good stuff at your place for the truck? I am rebuilding the carb and then she'll be good to go. I was trying to figure out where the hell I am going to take it!

A lot is wide open field, but I do have a wooded area out back. As long as nothing is planted, we can go about anywhere. Out back there are downed trees everywhere....its a lot of fun. Bring a mouth guard if you like your teeth.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM

A lot is wide open field, but I do have a wooded area out back. As long as nothing is planted, we can go about anywhere. Out back there are downed trees everywhere....its a lot of fun. Bring a mouth guard if you like your teeth.

LOL, I actually wore my mouth guard when I went out on the Bronco. James didn't understand until he bit his tongue, then chipped a tooth a few minutes later. I mean, his teeth are shit and break randomly anyways but...