PDA

View Full Version : One of the best days of my life!!

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
I got my Fiero back!!!

I traded my 4Runner and my Xbox360 setup for my Fiero and a '76 Ford F150 with a 390, 10" lift, 40" tires etc... The people that bought it from me didn't really touch it. He primered it for some unknown reason and broke the spoiler, decklid and front bumper but other than that, the same as when it left me.

even has the OG "CRUNDERGROUND" sticker on the third brake light! His father (the person who bought the Fiero) recently passed away so they are basically selling all his projects, which I now had two of. They just dropped the Fiero off and are heading back to get the truck now. I will post pictures in a while.

DustinsDuster
01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
is this the blue one with the 3.4 swap?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
is this the blue one with the 3.4 swap?

Yup!

Clinical
01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
im awaiting the pics :P

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm tellin you'all it is NOT pretty... I will go grab some...

85XR7Project
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the things you make they are always unique. I think you and i are quite a bit alike.

Batwood
01-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I just read the craigslist posting for the F150.

If the tranny wouldn't have taken a shit in mine, I'd trade ya some 33"s for the 40"s!

Deimos
01-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm fairly certain Keith has a C4 he could sell ya.

AutoMods
01-02-2011, 04:17 PM
whats the scoop with the fiero? why u so attached to it?

SaNdMaNsSi
01-02-2011, 04:36 PM

It's a Fiero owner thing, you wouldn't understand.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9938/f150e.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/f150e.jpg/)

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9948/f150andfiero.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/i/f150andfiero.jpg/)

85XR7Project
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I looked way back at a few details of the car but I think we need some recapping of what all you did to it. Pretty impressive for a car you built way back when.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM

It was my first "in depth" build. I picked it up in Northen MN (literally, a few miles from Canada) and almost died getting it, thanks to the ball on the hitch falling off. I picked up a 3.4L DOHC LQ1 from LuminatorZ34 on here and gave it a rebuild. It was my first DOHC V6 and that style was a BITCH to do! I put newer heads and cam carriers on it. I built the wiring harness myself (well, spliced the two together) which was my first real wiring project as well.

Heads, and intakes are ported/polished, it has a 5-speed Getrag transmission, Spec stage 3 clutch, Walbro 255, and all kinds of other stuff. I had the car for a couple years, I couldn't get it running for the life of me for some reason. It had been running before and I had driven it but it crapped out and I just could not figure it the hell out.

Shortly after, I found out Skye was prego so I had to sell it. I ended up selling it for $1k (I have at least $5k in it, not including the car) non-running. Before the guy got there to pick it up, I decided to throw some fresh gas in it and for some reason I decided to try and start it. It fired right up and drove just fine. The guy was already minutes away and I had already made the deal so, being a man of my word, I manned up and let it go for $1k.

Also did my own "big brake" upgrade", my own exhaust using a Flowmaster 40 single in/dual out with tail pipes I robbed off my '88 trans am. Got some 17" rims off ebay along with some tires, I had a hood I made from a stock Fiero hood and a 3" "Iroc" hood. I molded a Mustang hood scoop on the rear deck and made it functional. etc... There is much more but I will stop for now.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
here is the original build thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6712&start=100 (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6712&start=100)

Luminatorz34
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
congrats on getting her back man

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
congrats on getting her back man

Thanks... in case you forgot, this is still your old Z34 engine. Well, some of it anyways. :bigthumb:

Luminatorz34
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
yea i remember that....nice that the heart of my first car is still beating on...i was 2 days away from buying back my old z34, till the guy sold it to some 15y/o girl, and cant get ahold of her....

Luminatorz34
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
i also think its a coincidence that i posted that big block fiero on ur fb wall last nite, and you get YOUR fiero back today

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
i also think its a coincidence that i posted that big block fiero on ur fb wall last nite, and you get YOUR fiero back today

HUH? I don't see it anywhere...?

Luminatorz34
01-02-2011, 07:27 PM
i posted it around the same time u said u like the taste of your own toe jam. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yKsWwyvUo

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
i posted it around the same time u said u like the taste of your own toe jam. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yKsWwyvUo

LOL! that was Skyes little sister. She left her FB logged on here when she left for the weekend so I posted on her account "I like to stick my fingers in my stinky arm pits and then smell them!" I left mine logged on and she returned the favor! LOL

I have seen that Fiero, it is CRAZY!! We had a huge Fiero meet in Illinois a few years back and it was there. one of the craziest for sure. Funny thing is that it's not any faster the the beefed up 3800SCIII swapped '88 Fiero that was there too. the 3800SCIII ran something like a low 10 and that ran a mid 10...

85XR7Project
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
It's a bummer that all the pics and vids are broken. Either way it's always nice to take a trip down memory lane, there are occasions I wish I could get another SHO. Then I remember that there is no such thing as an SHO without a problem and I keep dreaming.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 07:48 PM
It's a bummer that all the pics and vids are broken. Either way it's always nice to take a trip down memory lane, there are occasions I wish I could get another SHO. Then I remember that there is no such thing as an SHO without a problem and I keep dreaming.

LOL... there's always the red one at Autozone that has been for sale for a couple years now. Last I knew it runs/drives but need front suspension or something. I bet at this point he'd almost give it away. I know it has been sitting there since at least the Floods of '08 for sale...

85XR7Project
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Second or third gen?

Either way whatever I get into will have to be a roller and cheap as shit as I am between jobs again.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Second or third gen?

Either way whatever I get into will have to be a roller and cheap as shit as I am between jobs again.

2nd gen...

85XR7Project
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah its probably an ATX car and not worth the time. Im more into Gen 1 and 3.

Anywho, sorry I jacked your thread man. Glad to see you got another toy. Be sure to post pics of it up so we can check it out.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Yeah its probably an ATX car and not worth the time. Im more into Gen 1 and 3.

Anywho, sorry I jacked your thread man. Glad to see you got another toy. Be sure to post pics of it up so we can check it out.

no problem man, I think he said it's a 5-speed. I talked to him about it once but it was a long time ago. It might even be a 1G, they look pretty much the same to me honestly. I want to say it's a '91...?

Deimos
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Got any SBC upper alternator mounts in that arsenal of parts of yours?

DustinsDuster
01-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Jake, you're not even a mile from K's Acres; c'mon man....

Deimos
01-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Not the style mount I am looking for Dustin. I should specify non long water pump mount on driver's side.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Here is what it looked like when I got rid of it.

http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/3770/fiero.jpg (http://img602.imageshack.us/i/fiero.jpg/)

SaNdMaNsSi
01-15-2011, 06:19 PM
It's a far cry from that now. Why the hell did the last owner prime over just parts of the car?

sLoWnStEaDy
01-15-2011, 06:58 PM
It's a far cry from that now. Why the hell did the last owner prime over just parts of the car?

IDK... he did a lot of dumb shit. Busted the rear deck lid, busted the spoiler stands, yanked out the Ferarri replica gauges, primed shit for no reason without even sanding it first, tore up the front bumper, etc... I am not too happy about it but that is what happens when you sell stuff.

At least the majority of it is still intact and safe. I found brand new engines on eBay for $300 plus $175 shipping, I think I am going to buy one of those to throw in it. It has been sitting since I sold it, he drove it once the day he got it and that was it. He had 18 cars when he died. the wife crushed a bunch and sold a bunch and is now down to like 8 sine I took the Truck and Fiero but then gave them the 4Runner.

That hood, I made... IDK... LOL I still kinda like it and it was "functional" but I think I will go a different route this time! Probably something a little more "subtle" like a GT40 extractor type hood vent.

AutoMods
01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
i though it had a 3.8 in it?

Luminatorz34
01-15-2011, 08:08 PM
if my memory serves me right, he was susin my old 3.4 dohc motor, and hhad it built for twin turbo's i think? im not exactly sure. i just remember he had quite a few problems trying to get it running right

SaNdMaNsSi
01-15-2011, 08:11 PM

IDK... he did a lot of dumb shit. Busted the rear deck lid, busted the spoiler stands, yanked out the Ferarri replica gauges, primed shit for no reason without even sanding it first, tore up the front bumper, etc... I am not too happy about it but that is what happens when you sell stuff.

At least the majority of it is still intact and safe. I found brand new engines on eBay for $300 plus $175 shipping, I think I am going to buy one of those to throw in it. It has been sitting since I sold it, he drove it once the day he got it and that was it. He had 18 cars when he died. the wife crushed a bunch and sold a bunch and is now down to like 8 sine I took the Truck and Fiero but then gave them the 4Runner.

That hood, I made... IDK... LOL I still kinda like it and it was "functional" but I think I will go a different route this time! Probably something a little more "subtle" like a GT40 extractor type hood vent.

My brother used to own that green one that is now at Sunline.....it was immaculate when he sold it...took the girl he sold it to about 3 months before she blew the brand new transmission he put in it, then accused him of selling her a lemon. She still drove it anyways with 2 gears, then ran into someone and messed the front of it up really bad. The last time I saw it, she had it sitting in front of her parent's house in stoney point for about 2 years. My brother put a spoiler on it a few years before he sold it: Someone came by one night and tore it off of her car....it sat there awhile longer before the police put an impound sticker on it....Next thing I know, I'm driving over the Sunline overpass, and there it is in the yard. People just destroy cars out of stupidity, I swear.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
i though it had a 3.8 in it?

no... 3.4L DOHC LQ1. I originally had troubles getting it to run because it was my first time trying to do a timing setup like that! LOL, still a pain in the ass and I have done a few of them now.