PDA

View Full Version : Tial BoV question

Clinical
01-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Anyone have any experience with Tials personally? I'm hoping maybe Ryan or someone does.

I drove the laser a bit today and have noticed that at low boost I get a decent amount of compressor surge. Seems to be mostly under 10psi.

I haven't gotten on it yet, the most I have gotten to is 17psi and it is fine at that point. 10 and under it'll compressor surge for a second and then do its thing.

I know the Blitz SS did this on the talon when somehow the adjustment screw stripped itself and I had to use a series of nuts on it to keep it adjusted correctly however I do not know of anyone to adjust the Tial aside from changing springs.

Is this just normal with Tials?

AutoMods
01-02-2011, 12:23 AM
every car is different so every tial doesn't act the same on every setup.

in your case its just a flutter noise issue. i doubt your surge is anything that would create wear or damage to the turbo because low boost surge is minor anyway and when the pressure is higher the bov is releasing. I ran my car with no bov at all up to 8psi and i didn't notice any side effects. u could play with spring pressures but i wouldn't worry about it

the most damaging surge is during acceleration when the turbo is in the surge zone on the left side of the compressor map

Clinical
01-02-2011, 12:46 AM
yeah, I haven't noticed that at all yet but I also havent gotten on it. I know my buddy's civic likes to surge when getting into boost.

Anyway in this case I feel better about it.
I had heard Tial's like to give off a bit of surge.
Thanks!

TbTalon94
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
It's just flutter from the tial. It doesn't have enough pressure to completely release so it opens and closes rapidly from small pressure differences.