PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Rapids movie

Domestic Disturbance
12-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Not lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPYm0_bgjU

SaNdMaNsSi
12-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Looks funny, but has nothing at all to do with CR other than the fake backdrop from the plane window.

black88gt
12-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Looks funny, but has nothing at all to do with CR other than the fake backdrop from the plane window.

how about the fact theres nothing to do but get fucked up

FiFdYnUtZ
12-25-2010, 09:04 AM
i think it looks pretty good!

LT1Dan
12-25-2010, 09:40 AM

You win this thread.

Domestic Disturbance
12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
lets get drunk tonight

LT1Dan
12-25-2010, 10:54 AM
lets get drunk tonight

IAF Christmas Night at the bars?

CiviC_boY
12-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm game let drink. Kitch and dan ill call u later

Batwood
12-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Holy shit.
Looks like we have bars, hotels, and a prostitute!

Look out Vegas!

SaNdMaNsSi
12-25-2010, 06:41 PM

I can't remember ever getting "fucked up," but I find plenty to do, daily.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-25-2010, 08:15 PM

yeah, I was never one for getting "fucked up", fucked for sure, but not fucked up... could be the reason we have so many teenage and even pre-teen moms these days around here.

ZacFields
12-25-2010, 10:09 PM
The premise behind the story is actually really funny, I think.

From what I understand, this guy is an insurance salesman from a really really small town and he gets sent to Cedar Rapids on business. He is so blown away by how "huge" Cedar Rapids is, and that's the basis behind the movie. Sort of a funny jab on how CR would seem huge to some oblivious guy who didn't know any better.

It's also cast very well if you ask me.

Wasn't this the movie a couple years ago that they actually wanted to film here, but that was right about the time that Iowa decided to end all of their tax breaks to movie-makers, so they decided to shoot it in a city in Michigan instead? I think it was.

black88gt
12-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Haha you guys are no fun.

I just got back so we should reschedule for tomorrow night.

Domestic Disturbance
12-26-2010, 02:30 AM
I've decided to quit drinking, I don't want to knock up any teenagers.

DustinsDuster
12-26-2010, 12:36 PM

you really think stopping drinking will prevent that?

allgo
12-26-2010, 12:39 PM
The premise behind the story is actually really funny, I think.

From what I understand, this guy is an insurance salesman from a really really small town and he gets sent to Cedar Rapids on business. He is so blown away by how "huge" Cedar Rapids is, and that's the basis behind the movie. Sort of a funny jab on how CR would seem huge to some oblivious guy who didn't know any better.

It's also cast very well if you ask me.

Wasn't this the movie a couple years ago that they actually wanted to film here, but that was right about the time that Iowa decided to end all of their tax breaks to movie-makers, so they decided to shoot it in a city in Michigan instead? I think it was.

Yes it was

DustinsDuster
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
i thought they also ran into some trouble of the like when they were filming that movie "The Final Season" here as well.

Domestic Disturbance
12-26-2010, 02:33 PM

you really think stopping drinking will prevent that?

Haha, idk. Thats just what I was told in this thread. I'm gonna go enjoy a cool Sarsaparilla.

69gt4speed
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
John c reilly well for comedy he does ok.... My wife got so damn sick of me playing and humming walk hard around the house. To damn bad didn't happen.

Sledge_WS6
12-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Why is it everyone is just now finding out about this movie. Its been in the work for three years. Here's a fun fact: The democrats in running this city didn't want it being filmed here so now...we have a film about Cedar Rapids, IA with ZERO scenes shot here.

Domestic Disturbance
12-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Here's a fun fact: The democrats in running this city didn't want it being filmed here so now...we have a film about Cedar Rapids, IA with ZERO scenes shot here.
Actually they dropped those tax breaks because they were being exploited to a dramatic extent. Its a shame because it ran all that business out of Iowa, but I don't think that was the intent. They should have tried to fix them instead. Your comment would be like saying Bush passed No Child Left Behind because he likes programs that waste your time, tax dollars, and don't actually help the educational system.

LT1Dan
12-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Yay politics! The problem wasn't that the program was run by either side. The problem was someone thought they found a way to try and make an easy dollar. It's what politicians do. Some are just better at not getting caught.

Sledge_WS6
12-27-2010, 07:46 PM
There was an article out before the tax breaks ended. If I cared enough to search I'd post it. Like I said, its been in the works for three years. They did the primary shooting else-where and were at bay with the Cedar Rapids local government for a good deal of time. The end of the tax breaks were just icing to the cake. I can blame the 'left' because this city is controlled by them (I'm all fired up now that I'm burning the campaign trail again, MY BAD).

LT1Dan
01-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Bringing this back because this article reminded me of 88gt's comment:

Cedar Rapids is nations 38th drunkest city (http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Cedar-Rapids-Ranks--112839569.html)