PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to buy me a christmas present?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I drove a car and I want it! Who is going to buy it for me? Only $105K

Jaguar XKR "Black Pack" :supz: the exterior is sexy as hell and the interior is just frikkin beautiful! all black leather with red stitching...

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1580/jaguarxkrblackpack2010r.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/i/jaguarxkrblackpack2010r.jpg/)

NewSpeedSteed
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Only 105k? Sure, would you like one or two? :roll:
Nice car though. The wheels aren't my taste- I like the black wheels but the styles a little off for me.

85XR7Project
12-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Jeez man, they look cool and all but for that kind of money I'd buy alot of other things first.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Jeez man, they look cool and all but for that kind of money I'd buy alot of other things first.

I would have said the same thing, Before I drove it!

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 07:47 AM
A Hennessy VelociRaptor 800 would probably work too, they're only like $60K

AutoMods
12-22-2010, 08:25 AM
whose car was it?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Jaguar/Land Rover of Peoria...

My bad, I guess it was a 2011...
http://www.jaguarlandroverpeoria.com/ne ... b32272.htm (http://www.jaguarlandroverpeoria.com/new/Jaguar/2011-Jaguar-XK-e162110c0a0a006501440a7a24b32272.htm)

AutoMods
12-22-2010, 11:36 AM
surprised they let you take it for a joy ride

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 11:52 AM
surprised they let you take it for a joy ride

Why is that?

AutoMods
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
why should they let you drive it?

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 12:46 PM
Well, if they are trying to sell something, it might be a good idea to let people check them out. ;)

I was at working when I drove it though. All they said was if I break t, I buy it, I said no problem and off I went. I am cheap, not poor. ;)

Drifte
12-22-2010, 12:50 PM
You work for the dealership there? If I were buying it I wouldnt even test drive it with the snow and salt out.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 12:52 PM
You work for the dealership there? If I were buying it I wouldnt even test drive it with the snow and salt out.

No, I don't work at a dealership.

Drifte
12-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Really?! Sweet, I may be in Galena and could head to check it out. Im gonna give em a ring and act interested, 510hp in the snow should be fantastic.

Drifte
12-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, if they are trying to sell something, it might be a good idea to let people check them out. ;)

I was at working when I drove it though. All they said was if I break t, I buy it, I said no problem and off I went. I am cheap, not poor. ;)

LOL, busted

I gave the dealership a call to test drive the car the weekend I'm heading to Chestnut. We had a good laugh after they told me both jag's haven't left the show room floor.

Keith your BS has spoiled my plans for a weekend of fun. :butthead:

slo4cyl
12-22-2010, 02:33 PM
LOL, busted

I gave the dealership a call to test drive the car the weekend I'm heading to Chestnut. We had a good laugh after they told me both jag's haven't left the show room floor.

O snap! He must also OWN a S4. :roll:

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 02:41 PM

LOL, busted

It wasn't in the show room, it was out back with the LR2's and a X/S types... If I was BS'ing do you REALLY think I would have posted where I drove it?

Drifte
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM

LOL, busted

It wasn't in the show room, it was out back with the LR2's and a X/S types... If I was BS'ing do you REALLY think I would have posted where I drove it?

Lady said they have two and both are in the show room. I can call em back and see, what one did you drive? Color/year etc. If I can drive one I'm gonna head out there and do it.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 03:07 PM

LOL, busted

Lady said they have two and both are in the show room. I can call em back and see, what one did you drive? Color/year etc. If I can drive one I'm gonna head out there and do it.

Might have been an older one, it was white, automatic and back with Rovers and other cheaper cars... It was an XKR, I searched and it looked just like the "black pack" one which is new. Might not have been that EXACT car but it was an XKR and i still want one!

AutoMods
12-22-2010, 03:31 PM

how many 23 year olds do you know that are seriously going to buy a $105k car? not many dealerships are going to let you put miles on it and get it dirty without a credit check , job check and whatever other probing is done to see if you just another kid looking for a joy ride.

I won't press the button but I'm going to put it out there and let someone else press it if they think its appropriate.

http://www.latestbuy.com.au/img/product-Images/bull-250a.jpg

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 04:26 PM
When did I say I walked into the showroom and asked to drive it? The car was out back, NOT in a showroom, it was an XKR, it was white and an automatic. I also drove a Land Rover LR2, a turbo mini cooper. I never talked to a salesman and I never went into the showroom.

I was also the FIRST person (other than the truck driver that drove it off the trailer) to drive the brand new GTO when it came in at McGrath back in '04, any chance at age 18 I was going to buy a $50k car, Hell no. I still drove it though! About two days later, my grandpa bought it. ;)

I am not trying to be "that guy" but if it came down to it, I could fairly easily come up with the money to buy one.

black88gt
12-22-2010, 04:38 PM
No biggie I test drove a couple space shuttles. Luckily it wasnt that newfangled "Atlantis" model. NASA thought I talked real nice so I could take them for a spin before anyone else. If it came down to it I could sell a few things on craigslist to pay the couple billion sticker; shit's chump change I dont need a job I rock craigslist on the regular.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
No biggie I test drove a couple space shuttles. Luckily it wasnt that newfangled "Atlantis" model. NASA thought I talked real nice so I could take them for a spin before anyone else. If it came down to it I could sell a few things on craigslist to pay the couple billion sticker; shit's chump change I dont need a job I rock craigslist on the regular.

LOL because a couple billion is really comparable to $100K. I have no one to impress, I don't "talk shit", I am not a 17 year old driving his daddies car trying to pass it off as his own.

$100k is a ton of money, I wouldn't spend that on a car. that's why I asked someone else to buy it for me :) I am pretty sure there are a couple people on here that know my situation and know how much money I "have" and how I got it...

allgo
12-22-2010, 05:02 PM

I just spit up my soda...lol

85XR7Project
12-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Who really gives a shit weather he drove it or not?

LT1Dan
12-22-2010, 07:46 PM

LOL

Well I was just hanging around in Lisbon and bumped into Jeff Gordon and he let me take his racecar for a spin. I've got pics of the car to prove it and everything.

RACECAR (http://www.junctionauto.net/car.php?sn=260194)

sLoWnStEaDy
12-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Sorry to get your panties in a twist ladies. I'll be sure to get videos next time I drive something worth more than $5k since apparently it isn't believable. I've driven more expensive cars but we won't even get into that. I've test driven (as in, I was in a position to purchase) cars up at European Motorsports in the $40k~ range more than once. I just can't convince myself it is a sane purchase. Which is why I dropped $10k on my cadillac instead.
then I lost the house in the flood, wrecked the cadillac and went back to really cheap cars. With a kid and a wife that can't drive, no point in buying anything too nice right now. the $5500 I spent on the Impala and the 900RR was suppose to be the down payment on an '08 Escalade before I came to my senses.

G50Trim92
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
https://www.altereglow.co.uk/images/bullshit-button-3.jpg

I just pressed the button.

G50Trim92
12-22-2010, 11:18 PM
The third one is my fav.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PyQpLr ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PyQpLr-Q0&feature=related)

Scott
12-23-2010, 07:49 AM
When did I say I walked into the showroom and asked to drive it? The car was out back, NOT in a showroom, it was an XKR, it was white and an automatic. I also drove a Land Rover LR2, a turbo mini cooper. I never talked to a salesman and I never went into the showroom.

I was also the FIRST person (other than the truck driver that drove it off the trailer) to drive the brand new GTO when it came in at McGrath back in '04, any chance at age 18 I was going to buy a $50k car, Hell no. I still drove it though! About two days later, my grandpa bought it. ;)

I am not trying to be "that guy" but if it came down to it, I could fairly easily come up with the money to buy one.

So they let you drive it before they even did pre-delivery inspection on it? Thats unusual. You sure do have lots of stories I'll give you that! Sounds like you and ego need to hang out, smoke cigars and talk about how nice it is being rich, dam

85XR7Project
12-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Weather you drove it or not it IS a cool car.

Why everyone is so irritated about this I cannot understand.

Scott
12-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Weather you drove it or not it IS a cool car.

Why everyone is so irritated about this I cannot understand.

Bandwagon, jump on it and quit trying to understand!!!! :banghead:

96-eclipse-gst
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM

I don't care what anyone says, that was DAMN funny!

sLoWnStEaDy
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Bandwagon, jump on it and quit trying to understand!!!! :banghead:

QFT... Lemmings....

My final comment on the situation. I DID drive a white, automatic, XKR. I am not "rich" and I never claimed to be, I have a lot more money than people think but nowhere near rich. As I said, any one who ACTUALLY knows me will know I won a lawsuit about 6 years ago and got a really nice chunk of change out of it.

When I go back, I will be sure to drive another one and get a video or something. The link I posted was to an XKR they had, I didn't say that is THE one I drove. I drove a white XKR, I looked at there site and the was the only one I seen so I posted it.

EDIT: come to think of it, the work I did on the car, it probably wasn't a brand new one. Maybe they have used ones or something, IDK, all I know is that it was in the back area with a bunch of LandRovers and S-types and X-types.

Scott
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
QFT... Lemmings....

Ouch, just cuz your rich dont mean you gotta be so harsh dude! :goodman:

JUST KIDDING MAN! I just have to keep myself entertained at this slow day at work

Drifte
12-23-2010, 09:36 AM

I called yesterday for a test drive, and they said neither XKR's have left the showroom...
Email response from dealership from today:

Good morning and thanks for your interest in the XKR. We currently have two brand new XKR's in stock. We have the one white one and a dark stratus grey. When would you be available to stop by for a test drive? Click here to view both of the XKR's. Thanks for your interest in Jaguar Peoria, we look forward to working with you.

Make: Jaguar
Model: XKR
Our Internet Price:* $104,325-$110,325

Respectfully,
Nathan Brown
Uftring Automotive
Internet Sales Team
309-427-7941

Our Store hours:
Monday-Wednesday-Thursday-8am to 8pm,
Tuesday-Friday-8am to 6pm.
Saturday-8am to 5pm.

Need Directions? (Click Here)

To view our inventory (Click Here)

Uftring Auto Group
3809 N Main
East Peoria, IL 61611
Please be aware that by opting out you will no longer receive email notifications of any discounts, coupons, or other benefits from the entire Uftring Auto Group.
(309) 699-9380

sLoWnStEaDy
12-23-2010, 12:08 PM
I talked to James at work... He said the one I drove was pre-owned and he thinks it was an '08.

I called yesterday for a test drive, and they said neither XKR's have left the showroom...
Email response from dealership from today:

Good morning and thanks for your interest in the XKR. We currently have two brand new XKR's in stock. We have the one white one and a dark stratus grey. When would you be available to stop by for a test drive? Click here to view both of the XKR's. Thanks for your interest in Jaguar Peoria, we look forward to working with you.

Make: Jaguar
Model: XKR
Our Internet Price:* $104,325-$110,325

Respectfully,
Nathan Brown
Uftring Automotive
Internet Sales Team
309-427-7941

Our Store hours:
Monday-Wednesday-Thursday-8am to 8pm,
Tuesday-Friday-8am to 6pm.
Saturday-8am to 5pm.

Need Directions? (Click Here)

To view our inventory (Click Here)

Uftring Auto Group
3809 N Main
East Peoria, IL 61611
Please be aware that by opting out you will no longer receive email notifications of any discounts, coupons, or other benefits from the entire Uftring Auto Group.
(309) 699-9380

So you going to drive it or what?

Drifte
12-23-2010, 01:37 PM
I would, but they don't have any except the 2 in the show room, that don't leave the show room. No used ones of any color. If the car existed, I would try to drive it while Im out snowboarding nearby.

Scott
12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
I would, but they don't have any except the 2 in the show room, that don't leave the show room. No used ones of any color. If the car existed, I would try to drive it while Im out snowboarding nearby.

I just went snowboarding for the first time last weekend! Gotta say it was pretty tough and I was sore as hell for 2-3 days, gotta try it again soon

Jappbox
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I dunno weather to belave this is true or not, I was at the Audi Dealer looking at the new S4 but was from work driving my 95 sonoma, so when I started talking about my Volvo S60 and my Twin turbo Viper im sure the sales guy thought I was on crack. But i think its funny as hell, till he pulls up my credit score, then they listen. HA

sLoWnStEaDy
12-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Whoever you are talking to must be fucking retarded or you are just confused. They had AT LEAST 3-4 XKR's out there, not including the ones in the show room.

clutchmuch
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I LOVE FAST CARS :)

FiFdYnUtZ
12-25-2010, 09:06 AM
^ ever been in one?

sparkles
12-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I've owned 3 DSMs. Does that count?

85XR7Project
12-25-2010, 08:29 PM
is that A4 the fastest car you've driven? if so you don't know fast yet.

Drifte
12-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I LOVE LAMP

85XR7Project
12-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I LOVE LAMP

Are you just saying that or do you really love lamp?

Anchorman quotes FTW.