PDA

View Full Version : Meet ups?

clutchmuch
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
I know its almost winter but, i was just wondering about meet ups in cedar rapids?
Like if there are any? Also if they are still going on? Haha

I used to see a bunch of people at the bank by the taco bell near 380, but i havent seen
anybody there in awhile.

Domestic Disturbance
12-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Most people meet down at the former DQ/Family Auto now empty lot right by where 1st ave goes under 380. Definitely no one meeting this late in the year, most peoples cars are tucked away.

Clinical
12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
yep, the only place I know people to be out in the cold is Des Moines

clutchmuch
12-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Most people meet down at the former DQ/Family Auto now empty lot right by where 1st ave goes under 380. Definitely no one meeting this late in the year, most peoples cars are tucked away.

Yep yep i know exactly where your talking about, right across the street from the sheriffs office :bigthumb: But i was just wondering, i cant tuck my car away though, its a DD if only i had the money for two cars :help:

sparkles
12-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Yeah...no. Des Moines is dead. Unless you consider working in Carharts all freaking day outside. In which case, yes. But I'm doing that in your backyard. So once again, no.

Clinical
12-09-2010, 10:38 PM

Yeah...no. Des Moines is dead. Unless you consider working in Carharts all freaking day outside. In which case, yes. But I'm doing that in your backyard. So once again, no.
Haha I was just speaking from experience, I came up in February with my talon to visit my uncle. Was cold as balls.

Was funny because there was no forecast of snow, everything down here and up there had melted. Spent the night and woke up to this
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zguuex.jpg

Then that night I remember accidentally stumbling on TONS of cars cruising in a place downtown, I cruised for awhile. There were a couple Evo's, a couple WRX's, a couple other DSM's, bunch of hondas /ricers /diesel trucks / a few f-bodies/mustangs. And it was cold as balls, had more people out then than Burlington has on the nicest summer nights.

CiviC_boY
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
My cars motor is at sperry's