PDA

View Full Version : WTB: snowblower/lawn mower blade

Drifte
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I have a pretty long driveway, and a good distance of sidwalk. Also, Id like to build some sort of snowboard ramp in my flat yard. Anyone with a blower or blade let me know.

DustinsDuster
11-29-2010, 08:03 PM
check Craigslist- i remember seeing a few riding tractor blades on their last year.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
I have a snow blower I would sell pretty cheap. It's older and not running right this second. LOL nothing major I don't think as I had it running a few weeks ago. It wasn't getting spark before, I got rid of the stupid ignition switch setup on it and got it running. Then the chain fell off, I went to start it the other day and it wouldn't start again. Seems to be getting gas but no spark again. Last time it was just a single wire, I will check it out tomorrow and see what's up with it.

It's a 4hp, 21" I think... pretty beastly bastard to be honest.

Ricky
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I think i will have a john deere with a blade on it this year. Jake was going to let me borrow it.

Jake's grandparents bought him a nice new tractor with a snow blower on the front.

Drifte
11-30-2010, 12:22 PM
I emailed a guy with a deal on craigslist, too many people on Craigs dont know how to use a computer. I may take a fourwheeler blade we have laying around and straight weld it to my lawnmower...

Keith, Only prob is I dont ever want to have to work on a snowblower. lawnmowers i can handle because its warm then!

...maybe i can attach a blade to my subies hitch....

Clinical
11-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Just get a dsm and use it as a snowplow just avoid the 3-4 foot drifts this time :P

Drifte
11-30-2010, 03:37 PM
yea, im hoping to conquer that road in the forester this year. I plan to put up some snow fence and see if it helps my driveway a bit.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-30-2010, 07:30 PM
yea, im hoping to conquer that road in the forester this year. I plan to put up some snow fence and see if it helps my driveway a bit.

Didn't really do shit for us out in Solon. Our drive way about 1/2 mile long with a 4ft-6ft deep ditch on both sides. That MF'r always drifted shut! It was fun at times, the ditch would fill then another 3-4 foot drift on top of that, we'd have 8ft+ of snow on the sides of the driveway! :bigthumb:

the only thing that ever really helped was the year we didn't mow the ditches at all. the stuff (IDK what it was, really thick grass, like little corn stalks) was about 4ft high. We didn't have to break the tractor out at all that year. I mean, we did but we didn't HAVE to.

DustinsDuster
12-01-2010, 04:08 AM
you're out in Solon now? keep an eye out for me- i deliver there.

sLoWnStEaDy
12-01-2010, 06:51 AM
you're out in Solon now? keep an eye out for me- i deliver there.

No... I lived out there for about 8 years, 3339 Hoosier Creek rd.

I am on 33rd ave right now, right by Wal-Mart/Target. They are taking a bunch of the yard and shit to widen it so we are already looking for a new place. Trying to find something out in the country with at least a few acres.

Krumm
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
all you need is a shovel for your sidewalk.

Krumm
12-01-2010, 02:30 PM
actually maybe you should get this for your "SUV"

http://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/pts/2080207954.html

ya know, just in case my truck is busy elsewhere.