PDA

View Full Version : The build(s) I WILL finish!

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Decided to start this now as the parts are rolling in. I have two different projects that will be going on over the winter, one is a rather "simple", quicker project and one is probably going to take 4-6 months. These are the projects I have PROMISED myself that I AM going to finish.

The first is the RX7 again. I ditched the nitrous stuff and am going to be turboing it. Nothing extremely crazy, MasterPower 70mm turbo, 10-12 psi, planning to break the block in two at some point. going with a DIY blow-thru carb setup using the hangar18 guide. Completely stock longblock, single plane hi-rise intake.

The second is my '73 Mach One. First and foremost, I am doing the floor pans and the trunk pan. I could get away with patch panels as there is only a few rough spots but I'd rather do the full length floors and be done with it. trunk pan is fine really, just dented/scraped so I figured I might as well get it done too. Also got a new, complete vehicle wiring harness, all new black interior, paint is going to be semi-gloss black for now.
I am putting the 460/C6 in there from my fox body for the time being, an 8.8" disc rearend, very small "mini-tub", 17x9/10.5 bullets, 325's out back. haven't decided 100% on the suspension yet but I will be getting rid of the "tug boat" look and it will have a little forward rake to it.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
For those wondering, I am still planning a boosted modular motor for the Mach One in it's final stage...

Clinical
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I hope you stick it through with the Mach one, it ought to be pretty awesome.. I'm still upset it wont be the 4v but I can understand why you ditched that setup for now.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
for those that haven't seen the ugly ass Mach One yet, these are the pics the seller sent me back when I got it.
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6114/machonefront.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5834/machonepass.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1333/machonedrivers.jpg

the paint is just HORRIBLE! not only the design but the paint job itself. All acrylic enamel, runs, dry spots, fish eyes, etc... Looks like a mentally challenged monkey tried to paint it. No recent pics yet but it is completely tore down except the dash and windows. I'll be doing the floors first, then the paint/body work, then engine/trans, then interior.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
just to get some RX7 stuf fin here too... it is a budget build so don't expect to see anything too fancy.

I'll be moving that alt. in as much as possible or ditching the P.S. and putting it over there.... http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3545/rx7enginebay002.jpg (http://img207.imageshack.us/i/rx7enginebay002.jpg/)

MasterPower GT45
HKS SSQV blow off valve
OBX 60mm adjustable wastegate (8-12 psi)
"flipped" BBK headers
3.5" down pipe
3" i.c. piping
CXRacing intercooler
Holley D.P. blow-thru
haven't chosen a wideband yet.
C4 automatic trans
4.10 LSD rearend
etc...

85XR7Project
11-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I can attest to how horrible the paint was on the Mach 1, it was the worst I've ever seen. As for the project as a whole I am psyched to see how it plays out. So is the plan to run a 4.6 SOHC now?

The RX5.0 is awesome, I can only imagine how sweet it will be with a turbo on it.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I can attest to how horrible the paint was on the Mach 1, it was the worst I've ever seen. As for the project as a whole I am psyched to see how it plays out. So is the plan to run a 4.6 SOHC now?

The RX5.0 is awesome, I can only imagine how sweet it will be with a turbo on it.

Plan is still a DOHC but I am going to use the Cobra M112 setup instead of the turbo stuff and most likely the T-56 instead of the auto. My basic "plan" is to have it running/driving around this spring in the semi-gloss black then winter '12 (you know, if the world hasn't ended... lol) I would like to do the modular swap and a "real" paint job.

AutoMods
11-22-2010, 05:21 PM
completing projects, now where talking. i like the rx7 project for obvious reasons

sLoWnStEaDy
11-22-2010, 05:36 PM
completing projects, now where talking. i like the rx7 project for obvious reasons

:) I actually complete a LOT of projects, I just don't post many of them on here. Only my personal ones, which are the ones I seem to never finish. For every one I post here, I probably have 10-15 others that I do complete. Since I bought my 4Runner, I have already done 3 other cars. Most of them just aren't anything special. engine rebuilds, head gaskets, collision repair, paint jobs etc... I like to buy other peoples unfinished projects, finish 'em up and sell them. Which is funny as I sell a lot of my nearly finished projects.
:banghead:

Scott
11-23-2010, 09:03 AM
I always wondered, do you have a actual job or just work on stuff you find on craigslist? Seems you need a warehouse to keep all the playground equipment, cars, and arsenal you have goin on!

I remember you saying you ran 10's in your RX-7, you did that with a stock long block? I havent even seen a video of it running yet

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2010, 05:05 PM
I always wondered, do you have a actual job or just work on stuff you find on craigslist? Seems you need a warehouse to keep all the playground equipment, cars, and arsenal you have goin on!

I remember you saying you ran 10's in your RX-7, you did that with a stock long block? I havent even seen a video of it running yet

I do a lot of things to make money. I had a "real job", I was a supervisor at Whirlpool for a while but couldn't stand it, the money wasn't worth it. I got a settlement from a lawsuit a few years back and am still going from that. Not like it was a huge settlement that I am riding or anything, it was a pretty decent amount that I invested and am continuing to re-invest and making enough doing that. I also run a small painting "business", only me and a few friends but we all used to work for CertaPro Painters so we have enough experience/references to get some really big, good paying jobs.

The 10.8 was with the engine/trans just as it was pulled from the mustang. EFI setup, cam, intake, T.B., injectors, "bolt ons" etc... I only got a couple runs in, first was N/A and was a mid 12, second was on a 200~ shot, 10.8 and I was told I had to keep it slower than 11.49 or not run anymore. So, I didn't run anymore. I ended up blowing the T-5 on the way home that night. Car weighed in at 2700~ with me in it, I'm like 175 or so.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
As for the warehouse comment, I used to have one actually... LOL

I am back in school now (have been for about a year) and not able to spend as much time on stuff as I would like so I am doing a lot fewer projects now and am looking at getting a "real" job until I am finished with school. I honestly miss my fabricator job at All State Steel but that's a whole different story.

EDIT: at one point I had the time slip and a couple videos up on V8RX7 and I think SBFtech too. Me and Import Evolution are going to run 'em this spring I hope, I am sure there will be videos from that! I know Brad at Pro-Tow has a video or two. He was pretty excited about the car so I had to show off a little before we loaded it up to bring it to the new house. I told them about the Turbo LSx FC and he about had a heart attack. He don't get out much. lol Same guy that almost died when he seen the turbo LQ1 in my Fiero.

KobleTsi
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
U going to go with a shorter gear then that 4:10?

sLoWnStEaDy
11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
U going to go with a shorter gear then that 4:10?

Going to run it with the 4.10's and see what happens, make changes if needed. At 65mph, with a 28" tire, I think I was around 3k rpm. I am thinking about getting a built AOD though, mainly because I'd like to take it to Knoxville/Newton sometime this summer but I don't think I would like to pay for the gas to do so!

All my family down there use to work at the sprint car track, now they are at Iowa Speed Way. It would be fun to run it on the at Newton like I ran my old mustang on the dirt! Doubt I will be able to drive a Nascar vehicle though. I did get to drive a 360 sprint, ride "shotgun" in the 410 two seater and ride in the pace car during nationals. It was pretty kick ass! especially considering I was a Junior in high school at the time.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Some parts... most of them are in the garage or still boxed up but these were out so I decided to snap a couple shots. Turbo, flanges, V-bands, BBK headers, etc... is all in the garage. as stated, turbo is just a MasterPower GT45

HKS SSQV BOV
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8214/parts0010.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/parts0010.jpg/)

3.5" Flowmaster "tailpipe kit" for the down pipe. about 13'-14' of mandrel bent pipe. Pretty good for $110~ shipped IMO...
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1593/parts002.jpg (http://img526.imageshack.us/i/parts002.jpg/)

floor boards and trunk floor for the Mach One (only really needs patch panels but I figure it it all done at once.)
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/5381/parts003.jpg (http://img574.imageshack.us/i/parts003.jpg/)

sLoWnStEaDy
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM
No updates yet... I am busy building the chopper shop inside the main building. Also just re-did my welder and tested it out for the first time today. I purchased about 10 different kinds of welding wire and I must say "Inetub" is some pretty good shit!

anyways, I started welding the hot side today but my heater is too big, it would be 100* so I would shut it off then I would get cold then hot again etc... Once I get a smaller heater I should be able to make progress on project RX5.0Turbo. The Mach One will be a minute as any time I go out to the shop I end up in the chopper shop instead! LOL

I got a picture of my cheap snail though. Fluid on the floor is PS, I ditched the PS so I could put the alt. there and put the turbo where the alt. was.
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/546/altturboheaders005.jpg (http://img838.imageshack.us/i/altturboheaders005.jpg/)

sLoWnStEaDy
01-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Well, there is going to be some dissapointment and some "I knew you wouldn't" but. Now that I got the Fiero back, it kind of changes things. I sold the turbo stuff and bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWNX%3AIT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320643733932&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT) for the Fiero. So, the RX7 is probably just going to get a cam and heads instead, at least for now. I am also thinking I might throw a T-5 back in it but IDK on that yet, I have already broken two of those so...

AutoMods
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
wow, brand new motor for $300 ?? is that motor going to be supercharged? why the 3.4 over the 3.8 ?

85XR7Project
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
That is the first LQ1 Fiero I've ever seen, all the other ones I've seen swapped had L67s or 350's. I did see a 3.1 turbo engine thrown in one on YouTube one day but somehow I don't think that'd be an engine I'd want to use.

I tink you need to start posting new pics.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Staying N/A for a while I am sure... I chose the LQ1 to be a little more "unique". Plus the horsepower of the N/A LQ1 is actually equal to/more than the L67 most people swap in anyways. Sure I can't say "it's supercharged" but I can say, "My N/A motor has the same/more horsepower than your supercharged engine" ;)

the LQ1 originally had closer to 300HP before they "detuned" it in order to keep a transmission. Sinister Performance burns custom chips for them. Along with a gasket match on the lower and upper intakes, cold air intake and a nice, free flowing exhaust, Eric dyno'd his at just over 250RWHP

If I do anything "power adder" wise, it would be a single turbo. I had a 60-1 all setup on this car once before, the buyer didn't want it so I put the stock stuff (exhaust crossover, injectors, upper intake etc...) back on and sold the turbo stuff.

The 3800SC is like the "LSX" of the fiero world, it has been done TO DEATH! When my cadillac got wrecked, I held on to it for a while with plans of building a N* powered Fiero but I got a cash offer on it and had to let it go.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-18-2011, 11:19 AM
an l67 would have a much more supportive aftermarket and capability of going A LOT faster for a lot less money though...probably why it has been done so much

Drifte
01-18-2011, 11:57 AM
A fiero on the road today is rare enough. But if rare is your thing I woulda dropped an LG5 in.

AutoMods
01-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Staying N/A for a while I am sure... I chose the LQ1 to be a little more "unique".

I did some reading and thought this was funny. Quote from wikipedia "However, the LQ1 remains a favorite for engine swaps for Fieros." so much for being unique ha ha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_60-Degree_V6_engine

no but I really don't care I was just curious as to why you choose that motor, i'm not really familiar with either one of them. good luck though keep us posted

Clinical
01-18-2011, 02:04 PM
A fiero on the road today is rare enough. But if rare is your thing I woulda dropped an LG5 in.
i would of dropped an LS7 in :D

Seriously though, mmm LS1 even in an Fiero would be sex

Domestic Disturbance
01-19-2011, 01:37 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonrev/520 ... otostream/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonrev/5208573544/in/photostream/)

its been done

slow ride
01-19-2011, 06:14 AM

shhhhhhhh He doesn't like powerfull, small, lightweight, reliable engines that can fit into many cars and not add weight to the platform. That shits played out.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-20-2011, 07:04 AM

shhhhhhhh He doesn't like powerfull, small, lightweight, reliable engines that can fit into many cars and not add weight to the platform. That shits played out.

I know right... because the ONLY purpose of every single car built is only to go fast. I have said it once and I will say it again, I won't be sticking an LS1 in anything. it IS played out, it is annoying, I can't stand it...

Funny thing is that the 3800SC's and the LQ1's usually piss pound the shit out of the LSx cars for one reason or another. there's a "track day" video somewhere from the PFF fiero meet, Fastest car was a really modified 3800SC (i mean REALLY modified) and then a stock long blocked, turbo'd LQ1, then a couple other LQ1s then a couple 3800SC's then a couple LSx's, then some more 3800SC's, a couple bone stock automatic LQ1's, some turbo'd 3.4L pushrods, etc...

If my goal was just to go fast, I think I would have chose a better starting platform.

Drifte
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM

I have said it once and I will say it again, I won't be sticking an LS1 in anything. it IS played out, it is annoying, I can't stand it...

If my goal was just to go fast, I think I would have chose a better starting platform.

There's probably a reason its (in your opinion) "played out."

What is your goal with the car?

Scott
01-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Funny thing is that the 3800SC's and the LQ1's usually piss pound the shit out of the LSx cars for one reason or another.

Im not a huge fan of LS engines by any means "I have nothing against them other than being GM" but there is something seriously wrong with that statement

85XR7Project
01-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm pretty sure he means handling wise.

Drifte
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
I imagine some suspension work would be necessary to make a Fiero with a v8 swap handle well. But the more I think about it, the more I like the idea.

85XR7Project
01-20-2011, 09:00 AM
It sounds cool and all but I think the trans is going to end up being the problem. I know he has said he'd like doing a Northstar swap but I think he is trying to go for unique and the LSx gets swapped into EVERYTHING.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Lmao...your logic astounds me...a fiero is rare by itself, and a nicely swapped one is even better...an ls motor would outperform your other choices by leaps and bounds, (I have owned cars with each motor) but then again its not like this project even has a decent chance of hitting the road judging from all your unfinished "projects" still today..

Scott
01-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Lmao...your logic astounds me...a fiero is rare by itself, and a nicely swapped one is even better...an ls motor would outperform your other choices by leaps and bounds, (I have owned cars with each motor) but then again its not like this project even has a decent chance of hitting the road judging from all your unfinished "projects" still today..

hehee but its only the 2nd car in the "Builds I WILL finish thread"

I would think a LS engine would be very comparable in weight to a SC 3800 engine, maybe not but I would expect it to be close

Clinical
01-20-2011, 12:13 PM

hehee but its only the 2nd car in the "Builds I WILL finish thread"

I would think a LS engine would be very comparable in weight to a SC 3800 engine, maybe not but I would expect it to be close

yeah, as per my knowledge the 3800 is just a typical sbc with two cylinders chopped off basically

Scott
01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
but LS engines have aluminum heads and some have an aluminum block if Im not mistaken.

Clinical
01-20-2011, 12:21 PM
yeah, LS's are for sure lighter. I bet it balances out

85XR7Project
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I love how everyone tells him how he should build HIS car. If he wants to go with an LQ1 let him do it. Don't bitch about how he is swapping in the wrong engine.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm not bitching about what he wants to do, just the logic behind why he wants to do it...

AutoMods
01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I won't be sticking an LS1 in anything. it IS played out, it is annoying, I can't stand it...

i must really be on your shit list then. want me to change my avatar?

sparkles
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
yeah, as per my knowledge the 3800 is just a typical sbc with two cylinders chopped off basically

That would be the 4.3

slow ride
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Only most of the truck ls blocks are cast iron and the lsx. Everything else is aluminum and light. I took my block and parts to the machine shop in the trunk of my audi when I built my 383 and didn't even make a mess. The aluminum block is some 80 lbs lighter than the iron version and is lighter than a lot of other smaller engines. Thats my point with these engines is that they are light, have a ecu thats almost like a stand alone unit(no burning chips ar other gay shit like that), and have huge power potential even with stock parts(400+ is just a cam away). I think I'd rather listen to a ls engine all day than a gm v6 yuck, but to each is own. He likes what he likes, but I always pick function over form so it's hard for me to grasp I guess.

Clinical
01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
I think I'd rather listen to a ls engine all day than a gm v6 yuck, but to each is own. .

This for sure.

I've always loved the GTP's and such to death but theres basically nothing i've ever seen done that made one sound good except a select few turbo ones.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM

You don't know shit huh? This project was finished about 4 years ago and has been on the road since. Well, the guy I sold it to actually parked it in a barn for a couple years for some reason.

What unfinished projects are you speaking of exactly? you don't shit... I have probably finished more projects in the last couple months than you have done in your entire life. I don't post everything on here, this forum probably couldn't handle it if I did.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I won't be sticking an LS1 in anything. it IS played out, it is annoying, I can't stand it...

i must really be on your shit list then. want me to change my avatar?

LOL... not at all. I am a "to each, their own" type of guy. PERSONALLY, I don't like them and I probably wouldn't run one. I give credit to anyone who does something other than just "buy a fast car". you did what YOU wanted to do with your car and I like it for that reason. Plus, I just love FC's in general.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Lastly, I keep reading "what he wants to do" "if he does it" shit like that. IT IS DONE, I DID IT OVER 4 YEARS AGO. THIS IS NOT A BUILD I AM PLANNING, IT IS A BUILD I DID AND AM NOW GOING TO REDO SOME OF BECAUSE THE GUY RUINED IT.

THE 3.4L DOHC ENGINE WAS INSTALLED AND RUNNING AND THE CAR WAS ON THE ROAD YEARS AGO.

AutoMods
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
the ls1 ecu is a great point. I'm not sure if there is a better ecu out there that has tuning software for $500 that can do what efilive and hptuners do. not to mention once you buy it you can do a ton of other gm cars, trucks and suv's.

the only other piggy back tuning systems i've use are hondata and ecmlink v1,v2 and v3. i don't have enough time with hondata but I can say that as much as i love dsmlink v3 its not nearly as powerfull as efiLive.

and if you don't want to dump the cash on aluminum blocks, the 5.3 iron can be had for $400 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15017&p=181437&hilit=record#p181437 (http://iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15017&p=181437&hilit=record#p181437)

sLoWnStEaDy
01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
here is the original build thread if anyone is interested... none of the pictures or videos work but all the tech crap is there.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6712 (http://www.iowaautoforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6712)

AutoMods
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
thats funny and kinda freakishly wierd at the same time

that thread is like 5 years old but its just the same stuff as today. starts off everyone is saying you have too many projects, telling you to put a v8 in it or telling you to do the l67 instead.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-21-2011, 02:14 AM
thats funny and kinda freakishly wierd at the same time

that thread is like 5 years old but its just the same stuff as today. starts off everyone is saying you have too many projects, telling you to put a v8 in it or telling you to do the l67 instead.

and just like today, no one has any idea what they are talking about, I didn't have any other projects at that time either. As you can see, I didn't listen to the "throw a V-8 in it" shit then either. We're not all sheeple, some of us actually have a mind of our own.

slow ride
01-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Actually I have a better Idea you have a different one. Your an idiot if you think I care what other people think. I can't help it they're wrong and I use whats better:) I'd rather see a 4g63 in the car than a boat anchor, but to each is own. I didn't try to change anyones mind, just stating facts. Being different just to be different in todays world just makes you like everyone else:P

sLoWnStEaDy
01-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Actually I have a better Idea you have a different one. Your an idiot if you think I care what other people think. I can't help it they're wrong and I use whats better:) I'd rather see a 4g63 in the car than a boat anchor, but to each is own. I didn't try to change anyones mind, just stating facts. Being different just to be different in todays world just makes you like everyone else:P

Is that directed at me? Because I don't recall saying anything about you at all in this thread. LOL

Scott
01-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Being different just to be different in todays world just makes you like everyone else:P

LOL I thought I was the only one who thought that!! :supz:

slow ride
01-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Well it sounds like it was. Either way I think most people just post shit to try to get under your skin on the whole ls1 subject, but it's nice to see some old fashion hot rodding going on not matter what make and model it is. An older guy I work with did a northstar swap into his and was daily driving it for quite a while, but it needs a headgasket now. Neet little car, but probably would only run mid 14's at the track and IMHO it needs to be a manual in this type of car just for fun. Not sure if they make a manual with the proper layout that can withstand higher torque levels?

black88gt
01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
You don't know shit huh? This project was finished about 4 years ago and has been on the road since. Well, the guy I sold it to actually parked it in a barn for a couple years for some reason.

I don't post everything on here, this forum probably couldn't handle it if I did.

Wait didnt you put it for sale because you couldnt got it running, it ran for a day and you sold it, then got parked? You said yourself the guy only drove it once how was it on the road for the last 4?

And I think we can handle it I'm curious. You must understand Fiddy's skepticism when you started the thread with "I'll prove you guys wrong I'll finish these" then halfway through its "well maybe not that one but I'll finish THIS one"

TbTalon94
01-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Being different just to be different in todays world just makes you like everyone else:P

LOL I thought I was the only one who thought that!! :supz:

I'm with ya on that!

Drifte
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM

I don't post everything on here, this forum probably couldn't handle it if I did.

Wait didnt you put it for sale because you couldnt got it running, it ran for a day and you sold it, then got parked? You said yourself the guy only drove it once how was it on the road for the last 4?

And I think we can handle it I'm curious. You must understand Fiddy's skepticism when you started the thread with "I'll prove you guys wrong I'll finish these" then halfway through its "well maybe not that one but I'll finish THIS one"

ohayo-gozaimas GT,

I disagree, I don't think this forum can handle it. But I am willing to risk it.

85XR7Project
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Goddamn, these threads get ridiculous...

Scott
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM

LOL yessir, CRU IAF has left the retard gate open for years!! Its like a perpetual motion disfunctional generating machine

Drifte
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM

LOL yessir, CRU IAF has left the retard gate open for years!! Its like a perpetual motion disfunctional generating machine

continuim disfunctioner?
A device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power.

Ricky
01-21-2011, 12:38 PM

continuim disfunctioner?
A device whose mystery is only exceeded by its power.

Dude.... where's my car?

Drifte
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Looks like its in a parking lot, try the panic button.

Scott
01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
ZOLTAN!!

Drifte
01-21-2011, 02:10 PM
No I spell my name colton. and stop yelling.

sLoWnStEaDy
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
:)

sLoWnStEaDy
01-21-2011, 06:06 PM

There was a period of time that I could not get it running and I got pissed and put it up for sale. I think I actually put it up for sale 3 different times. I ended up having a guy from down in Des Moines that had built a few of these for Z34/Grand Prix owners come up and fuck with it. It was the timing. Got it running, posted videos of it in the original thread. I am going to throw a battery in it this weekend and see if she still starts/runs/drives. Either way, I bought a brand new long block off ebay to go in it.

and YES, the "builds i will finish" thread got fucked up but had I known the Fiero would be back in my life, I never would have started the turbo shit on the RX7. In all honesty, I will still probably do the turbo setup on there, just not as soon as I planned. I already have a blow0thru carb now so, WTF... If I do, I am not posting ANYTHING until it is done. ;)

sparkles
01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
DUDE! SWEET!
Dude, you just touched Christie Boner's hoo-hoo.
Shibby!
Low five.

black88gt
01-24-2011, 05:36 PM

ohayo-gozaimas GT,

I disagree, I don't think this forum can handle it. But I am willing to risk it.

Ohayo-gozaimus!

Haha I'm all for that risk

Domestic Disturbance
01-25-2011, 01:28 AM
What unfinished projects are you speaking of exactly? you don't shit...
Strange you would bring that up

black88gt
01-25-2011, 09:43 AM
What unfinished projects are you speaking of exactly? you don't shit...
Strange you would bring that up

LOL

WTB metamucil

JacobS
11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
bump for keith

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
-_- thanks for this. Hahaha

Mach one ended up being a complete basket case. Needed floors, quarters, fenders and rockers. Thing was more bonds then metal I found out. After selling everything I could, I ended up making a few grand on the deal so I wasn't too pissed. Sucked I had to scrap it but there was simply no way to justifying trying to save it. :(

RX7 got reassembled N/A and sold a long time ago when the ole lady and I split up.

Got a small plan for the GTI that might make it on here. Got a big project in the works but it's not getting posted until it's finished. Haha

sLoWnStEaDy
11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh, and of course the Fiero is still around. I sold all of my stuff back in April/May, air compressor, welder, engine lifts/stands, all the random parts I collected over the years etc... everything car related I own now fits in a single stall with my fiero and space to spare. Have to admit I miss working on cars a lot but I needed a break. Incas spending way too much time and money on cars. Slowly getting back into it though, just trying to keep focus this time and stick with one or two projects.