PDA

View Full Version : Nissan gt r using...... hold on ford technology

69gt4speed
11-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Yep just read it myself. That new plasma spray on cylinder liners ford patented, nissan is paying ford usa to use it on their flagship the gt-r. Isn't first time ford and nissan has teamed up look at the crossbreed villager.

http://jalopnik.com/5467038/the-ford-en ... issan-gt+r (http://jalopnik.com/5467038/the-ford-engine-technology-good-enough-for-the-nissan-gt+r)

Jappbox
11-21-2010, 08:21 AM
thats pretty cool. Toyota has used something like this for years to make the engines last forever, I think thiers is a lube of some sort before assembley. sad part is most serious GTR's put sleeves in like the soon to be done AMS ALPHA 12 strocker car.

69gt4speed
11-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Yea as you read 250k mi w/o any wear damn in old days that would be like a miracle. In Ford world several 427 racers put chrome moly sleeves in 427's, tricky though to break in rings right. By early 70's 427 racers only had junk blocks by then. Pretty well beat on by then. By 80's 428 cj blocks well were mostly toasted. I was lucky to get a shortblock at 50$ w spun rod bearings. Even w nodular iron block/ bores it needed over bore +.030. We will see in nissan and gt500 world how it stands up. It appears that german co. is making gt500 blocks could be in mexico. If workers don't get shot up.

Deimos
11-22-2010, 05:49 AM
On most vehicles the parts are mixed and matched, ford makes the blocks, chevy cylinder heads and dodge intakes etc... Lexus is a more expensive toyota, quest vans are the same as villagers, so on and so forth. The news engines are suppose to be federally mandated to last 100k for sensors to last and blocks are designed to go well over 300K.

69gt4speed
11-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Yea i was kinda dissapointed ford or usa was not making gt500 blocks they had to use that german co. to do it. Ya I know teksid and mexico made lots of brands blocks. gm Chrysler ford etc. Bottom line deep down I just want usa to do it so my neighbor has a job. I at this point don't care if ford, gm or chrysler steals tech. They did it too us. And prob some usa ppl rather build blocks than stand at walmart greeting ppl or flipping burgers. Now even stuff made in japan is expensive. China, india, and mexico are the low overhead cost places.