PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, Iowa Auto Forums!

ZacFields
11-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to everyone. I've officially transferred the domain names to Ryan so we're essentially finished with the transfer of ownership.

It has been a complete blast running these forums for the past 7 years! I've met so many people, and we've had so many good discussions. Thank you all for hanging in there with me all this time.

Over the years, there have been a lot of bad discussions as well. To anyone I've ever offended in the last 7 years in a heated political discussion or otherwise, I am sorry and I sincerely hope that it's all water under the bridge at this point. I've run these forums from age 18 to my current age of 25... I have certainly said and done some things I regret here, as I'm sure many of us have.

I'll always have fond memories of picnics, car shows, cruises, dinners, and all the other things we all did together as a group. Again, we have had a blast. Here are just a few of my favorite memories (some for good and some for bad reasons):

- Adam P and DustinsDuster's maple syrup-chugging contest at Buffalo Wild Wings, and watching them both throw up outside of Trent's shop later that night.
- Deimos and I taking the Buffalo Wild Wings challenge... and throwing up in the same toilet afterwards (there's a video of this on my Facebook, BTW).
- Having a group dinner with Steve Dahl a few months before he passed away due to Cystic Fibrosis.
- All of us as a group driving up to Dubuque to attend Steve's funeral, and the Priest reading aloud the letters we all wrote to Steve.
- Renting out the party room at Godfather's pizza on the night of the first snow of winter.
- Having our first picnic where well over 50 people showed up and we all stuffed our faces with all the hamburgers and hotdogs we could eat.
- Having to have two picnics the next year because it was literally 40 degrees and raining in JUNE during the first one. The handful of people who did show up all huddled around the grill for warmth before we finally called it quits and went home.
- The HUGE car shows at B-Bops when they were in town, and the significantly smaller (but still fun) car shows at Advanced Auto when we couldn't meet at B-Bops anymore.
- The various "cruise nights" we set up where we'd flood first avenue with IAF members and cruise around all evening.

And who could forget the many sleepless nights I spent fixing the website after we were hacked, or the more usual culprit of me breaking something while trying to install a modification.

Add me on Facebook, or shoot me an email at ZDFields@gmail.com.

PEACE OUT IOWA AUTO FORUMS!

Zac Fields

OldSkoolRCR
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Good Luck Zac on your new ventures. dont be a stranger.

ZacFields
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Ed. I will definitely still be around.

If Ryan ends up setting up any gatherings and whatnot, I'll definitely come out.

DustinsDuster
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
i do have to clarify that the only reason i threw up after chugging maple syrup with adam was because i felt bad that he was puking in front of everyone, so i did my best Heidi Klum impression and gagged myself so i could puke with him. i still say i mightve been able to finish the bottle, and probably faster, if i didnt have a dozen and a half wings before it.

AutoMods
11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm sure its hard to give your baby away but we'll always be just a URL away! Thanks for all the time you put into the site!

ZacFields
11-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah I kind of made that sound like I was actually going somewhere. LOL. I'll be around.

No regrets though - I think all of my friends would agree I was never really a "car guy." I had my Cavalier and I liked doing ricey little mods to it, but that's about it. I love running forums, and I've got a new venture in the works right now (not car-related). I'll let you guys know when it's ready. I'm kind of in a bidding-war for a domain name right now and not sure if it's going to work out or not.

@Dustin - I can vouch for your recollection. Pinck was puking right outside of the "red door" and then you just walked out there and purged yourself. Against my better judgement, I stood there and watched the whole thing!

Drifte
11-17-2010, 09:02 AM
- Adam P and DustinsDuster's maple syrup-chugging contest at Buffalo Wild Wings, and watching them both throw up outside of Trent's shop later that night.
I almost got t-boned in my car that night
- Deimos and I taking the Buffalo Wild Wings challenge... and throwing up in the same toilet afterwards (there's a video of this on my Facebook, BTW).
Jakes unstoppable
- Having a group dinner with Steve Dahl a few months before he passed away due to Cystic Fibrosis.
Great dinner, and cruise after. ALl the oldschool members were in attendance.
- All of us as a group driving up to Dubuque to attend Steve's funeral, and the Priest reading aloud the letters we all wrote to Steve.
Hope to see his nephews out in the 7
- Renting out the party room at Godfather's pizza on the night of the first snow of winter.
Awesome night, except I jammed my thumb doing awd donuts in the back parking lot.
- Having our first picnic where well over 50 people showed up and we all stuffed our faces with all the hamburgers and hotdogs we could eat.

- Having to have two picnics the next year because it was literally 40 degrees and raining in JUNE during the first one. The handful of people who did show up all huddled around the grill for warmth before we finally called it quits and went home.
It was cold, but cold wet roads were fun.
- The HUGE car shows at B-Bops when they were in town, and the significantly smaller (but still fun) car shows at Advanced Auto when we couldn't meet at B-Bops anymore.
These were great, and b-bops food cant be matched!
- The various "cruise nights" we set up where we'd flood first avenue with IAF members and cruise around all evening.

I live right down the road zac, and I hear we may meet up soon anyway.