PDA

View Full Version : US Top Gear On History Channel

Drifte
11-15-2010, 07:32 AM
http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/v ... sneak-peek (http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/videos/top-gear-sneak-peek#top-gear-sneak-peek)

I hope it isnt bad.

85XR7Project
11-15-2010, 07:41 AM
Im already not thinking this is going to take off with these shitty hosts...

Tanner Faust is cool in my book but the other two are going to ruin it.

Drifte
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Exactly what I thought.

Xboosted23X
11-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Its going to be hard to compete with the original. And who is going to be the stig?

Drifte
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
LOL its just tanner foust.

Ricky
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
They tried it once in America and it bombed.

BBC all the way! i wont even tune into any other top gears.

The three british guys make the show with there bickering and awesome challenges and them saying "cock" all the time hahha.

I LOVE MY DVR :)

85XR7Project
11-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Without a "Jeremy Clarkson" character and his hilarious comments it will be a flop. It is funny therefore guys like it.

These guys hardly look funny, they look like douches.

Domestic Disturbance
11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Tanner has the same charisma as a sack of wet soapy beans. I wish he WAS a bad driver so he'd slide off a cliff and we wouldn't have to listen to his terrible dialogues all the time. The other 2 hosts look equally as dull. They needed Adam Carolla, maybe even Tim Allen... or me

Krumm
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
the brits cant be beat

LT1Dan
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Tanner has the same charisma as a sack of wet soapy beans. I wish he WAS a bad driver so he'd slide off a cliff and we wouldn't have to listen to his terrible dialogues all the time. The other 2 hosts look equally as dull. They needed Adam Carolla, maybe even Tim Allen... or me

We were just talking about this on Sunday. Adam Carolla would be the perfect "American Clarkson"...at least as close as you could get I think.

DustinsDuster
11-15-2010, 08:51 PM
i vote for Chick McGee

Domestic Disturbance
11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
or Stacey David!

69gt4speed
11-15-2010, 10:55 PM
I wish we could cause what's his name well is a thinks his sh-t doesn't stink Jeremy wtf. I think like motortrend guy that looks like Eddy b and the other japanese guy w that driver of the m3 vs 2011 they could pull it off w like guest stars from various shops w their cars and reg bone stockers too. I have some real good ideas it could do different venues drag, track, autocross and rally like stuff. we'd blow them out.

69gt4speed
11-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Jeremy clarkson is gone damn sorry ppl haven't watched top gear since then. Now I can see a improvement.

85XR7Project
11-16-2010, 12:47 PM
He's not gone, he's still on the British version.

Domestic Disturbance
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Jeremy clarkson is what makes the British series so good. Probably my favorite show. I Have all but season 1.

Ricky
11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Jeremy clarkson is what makes the British series so good. Probably my favorite show. I Have all but season 1.

i have season 1 on my computer.... The stig is in all black and captain slow is not there and only have like 15 people standing in the studio

I can make a DVD for you :)

Jappbox
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
they needed tim allen and Jay leno, and one more guy with a wittiy humor. these guys are morons.

Krumm
11-16-2010, 06:34 PM
they needed tim allen and Jay leno, and one more guy with a wittiy humor. these guys are morons.

that would make a good show!

Drifte
11-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Absolutely, but that little bitch Tanner can drive.

69gt4speed
11-16-2010, 08:00 PM
I will differ on this all they test is gazzilion $ cars and he bitches like he knows something. One time he said all american stuff was mo or less crap. Jmo.

Krumm
11-16-2010, 09:18 PM
I will differ on this all they test is gazzilion $ cars and he bitches like he knows something. One time he said all american stuff was mo or less crap. Jmo.

because most of it is compared to the rest of the cars they test, but they bitch about everything that is "crap" whether its american or not.

Krumm
11-16-2010, 09:22 PM

Absolutely, but that little bitch Tanner can drive.

true, but its america. they need a redneck on the show. i will volunteer.

Domestic Disturbance
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM

because most of it is compared to the rest of the cars they test, but they bitch about everything that is "crap" whether its american or not.

Yup. They have an episode where they test old british cars to see if they were ever any good and come to the conclusion they weren't. They are negative nancys, but you have to get through the satire.

Domestic Disturbance
11-16-2010, 09:59 PM

i have season 1 on my computer.... The stig is in all black and captain slow is not there and only have like 15 people standing in the studio

I can make a DVD for you :)

Haha, I've been working my way down to season 1 but it doesn't look very good. But ya, I can get it :biggrin:

Ricky
11-17-2010, 07:38 AM

he owns a GT40..... he doesnt hate the cars just things about them.

The second show they did in America with 3 V8 muscle cars and the end he said

"we came to America to find a great American sports car and we didnt... we found 3"

He was driving a ZR-1 across the dessert though lol

Jappbox
11-17-2010, 02:26 PM
The new commercal is horrible, the guy is freaking out 167mph in a 4 door. OMG wow 167mph was cool back in the 90's! fucking fags on this show. top gear does 250+ and they wernt freaking out in the vayron when they did it.

s13kid
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
After seeing this thread, I was skeptical. From the looks of the preview though, it may not be to bad. Fingers crossed.

Drifte
11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
It's a better option than watching some version of real house wives or jersey shore. Guy was a bit over exited for 160mph run.

85XR7Project
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
This will just slide into the shows I watch after watching the Powerblock on Spike all weekend long. If it sucks I won't watch the shit.

Honestly I cannot believe they couldn't find a better bunch of guys. Seriously.

NewSpeedSteed
11-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Top Gear USA is gonna be a flop. I feel like I get cancer every time I see an ad for it on TV. I love the original on BBC it just can't be outdone. I do find it ironic that they make fun of us Yanks (Americans) yet America is trying to make its own Top Gear- I wonder who the hosts of the US one will rip on?

I mean like people already said the guys for the US version look like clowns, you can't beat Clarkson, Hammond, Captain Slow and of course The Stig :supz:

69gt4speed
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
The new commercal is horrible, the guy is freaking out 167mph in a 4 door. OMG wow 167mph was cool back in the 90's! fucking fags on this show. top gear does 250+ and they wernt freaking out in the vayron when they did it.

He got special teatment from ford and constantly complained and sent it back last I knew. Maybe he got another who cares.

And yea like I said they just need better guys on a american show we have plenty of decent drivers and spokes people about cars. Just the bbc prob give top gear top $. I like that motor trend guy that looks like Eddy b. They should do a show... hell w the name bbc top gear who needs to copy that name, leave that as it is. Sounds like we are morons that copy somebody else. Jmo Hell for some real hellraising get some australians like millen. Those guys can drive. And used to joe avg holdens and fords. Top gear wouldn't hardly even say dare show a camaro or gt stang. All that's nice w mega cars but who can afford that stuff? Or showing fixing up, modding used cars, then tracking it or shop vs shop competition a lot of stuff could be done.

Krumm
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
so who watched it and what did you think?

i think they need to find there own style and quit trying to be like the brits. but other than that it wasnt as terrible as i expected.

LT1Dan
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
I watched it. I didn't think it was bad for the first show. Agreed they need to find their own style but I think that will come with time. Overall I think it was better than I expected and I will be watching next week too.

Domestic Disturbance
11-21-2010, 11:33 PM
I missed it. I'll have to catch it sometime this week

Drifte
11-22-2010, 07:21 AM
was busy watching the walking dead. Ill watch it later.

Ricky
11-22-2010, 08:26 AM
was busy watching the walking dead. Ill watch it later.

+1 :supz:

85XR7Project
11-22-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm watching as I write this so bear with me, so far it has rung off much as the brit version. The main studio is basically their version of the brit's home base, people standing around listening to the hosts with cars scattered about. As for the actual segments they decided to have a run off between a Viper and a Cobra gunship, interesting idea except for the voice over about the Viper done by Tanner Faust who is incredibly emotionless that I decided to jump forward to the action (Wouldn't have done this if Jeremy was explaining things). To add to the irritation Rutlidge is saying stupid shit like "I just crapped my pants" and "Swerving only pisses it off" this leads me to believe that he is not really there for any useful commentary or that he really knows much about cars other than what a teleprompter tells him. Another irritating point is while they did this cat and mouse game they put a cheesy targeting screen on, maybe it adds to it but I just can't think this is something the brit version would do.

After writing all that I did some looking, Rutledge has nothing to do with cars. Adam Ferrara is a stand up comedian whom also has nothing to do with cars and Tanner Faust is the only one with auto knowledge and he is a self serving douche bag. All in all this show is going to fail unless they can get us some real cars guys who know what they are talking about and are doing.

Also, this show will never have the budget that the brit version does, they will never have the ratings the brit version does. If they cannot get their heads out of their ass this will be a complete failure.

OldSkoolRCR
11-22-2010, 05:56 PM

I watched that show, and can honestly say it SUCKS!!!!!!! never again.

Drifte
11-22-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm watching as I write this so bear with me, so far it has rung off much as the brit version. The main studio is basically their version of the brit's home base, people standing around listening to the hosts with cars scattered about. As for the actual segments they decided to have a run off between a Viper and a Cobra gunship, interesting idea except for the voice over about the Viper done by Tanner Faust who is incredibly emotionless that I decided to jump forward to the action (Wouldn't have done this if Jeremy was explaining things). To add to the irritation Rutlidge is saying stupid shit like "I just crapped my pants" and "Swerving only pisses it off" this leads me to believe that he is not really there for any useful commentary or that he really knows much about cars other than what a teleprompter tells him. Another irritating point is while they did this cat and mouse game they put a cheesy targeting screen on, maybe it adds to it but I just can't think this is something the brit version would do.

After writing all that I did some looking, Rutledge has nothing to do with cars. Adam Ferrara is a stand up comedian whom also has nothing to do with cars and Tanner Faust is the only one with auto knowledge and he is a self serving douche bag. All in all this show is going to fail unless they can get us some real cars guys who know what they are talking about and are doing.

Also, this show will never have the budget that the brit version does, they will never have the ratings the brit version does. If they cannot get their heads out of their ass this will be a complete failure.

nail on the head. Wish someone respectable was in control of representing the AMERICAN Top Gear. I listened to one of the hosts on bob and tom, and he didnt have the slightest clue how to drive, or how a car worked.

Jappbox
11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
X3 agree, the hosts suck. I would think tha top gear UK would be behind the USA version as they copy righted everything including the logo, and even the stig. Ill keep watching the Brit version.

Ricky
11-24-2010, 10:11 AM
watched it last night...

They copied the BBC exactly! they are just re doing all the same challenges. Its gay