PDA

View Full Version : 92 Plymouth Laser

icwicked
11-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone! I've been a member for a while but just never posted. I met Ryan from Import Evolution (http://www.ImportEvolution.com) the other night. Nice guy by the way. He told me I should post up on here. My name is Todd and im from Burlington. So that does mean I know Andrew which a few of you cant seem to stand. PLEASE do not judge me on that matter. haha

But anyways heres my car and whats done to it.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/laser2.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/laser.jpg

Dyno'd
577awhp
470ft lbs
@ 32 psi

Fastest track time
11.21 @ 130 with radials
TimeSlip
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj29 ... meslip.jpg (http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/timeslip.jpg)

MODS
Block
Bored out 40 over
JE pistons ceramic coated
Crower I beam rods
Crower lightened crank
Steel MLS head gasket

Head
Stage 5 port and polish job on the head
1mm oversized ss valves Crower beast cams
Crower titanium valve springs and retainers

Bolt On's
AEM adjustable cam gears
ARP bolts throughout
Polly urathene motor mounts

Intake
Venom intake manifold
ETS Drag intercooler and piping
FP Charge pipe
K & N huge filter
Tial wastegate and Tial blow off valve

Turbo/Exhaust
Holset hx 40 turbo
SlowBoy Racing cast iron exhaust manifold
Megan Racing full 3 in exhaust 02 housing

Suspension
Ksport Pro Coilovers

Wheels/tires
15" Bronze 5 spoke
nitto NT01
M&H Slicks 8.5x24.5x15

Tuning/Gauges
AEM wideband and guage
Autometer boost guage
Autometer water temp guage
DSMLink V2

Cooling
Koyo alum. radiator

Fuel
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Turbo XS manual boost controller
2 Walbro 255 fuel pumps with steel braided line
1750 cc injectors
BJ's Fuel Rail

Tranny
Jacks Racing Transmission with four spider diff
QuarterMaster Twin Disc
stainless steel clutch line

other
Powdercoated Candy Red Valve Cover w/ 2 -10AN Fittings Welded
JM Fabrications Polished Oil Catch Can w/ SS Lines and -10AN Fittings

NitrousMike
11-07-2010, 07:59 PM
welcome

Ricky
11-07-2010, 08:34 PM
hello! you will find big DSM people here.

icwicked
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
thanks. I'm up for meeting anyone reguardless what they have, just as long as they are not a douche bag

Clinical
11-07-2010, 09:24 PM
im a dbag

icwicked
11-07-2010, 09:30 PM
yes you are andrew

Drifte
11-07-2010, 09:34 PM
lets see the goods.

Deimos
11-08-2010, 05:19 AM
welcome

Domestic Disturbance
11-08-2010, 05:29 AM
thats a money maker right there!

Scott
11-08-2010, 12:01 PM

Ill race for $$

sLoWnStEaDy
11-08-2010, 12:02 PM
that's one heck of a sleeper, I like it...

Domestic Disturbance
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM

Ill race for $$
booshit booshit booshit

Scott
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Ill race for $$
booshit booshit booshit

Yeah I know, I dont do that crap anymore.. Too scared :help:

icwicked
11-08-2010, 01:09 PM
ya it is a sleeper for sure. i like that look but ive been thinking about painting it so it will actually look good. I dont think ive ever raced for money but would be down for it.

Clinical
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
ya it is a sleeper for sure. i like that look but ive been thinking about painting it so it will actually look good. I dont think ive ever raced for money but would be down for it.
race you in the civic for noodles and company

icwicked
11-08-2010, 01:55 PM
haha.. u owe me noodles n company

Clinical
11-08-2010, 02:01 PM
bs

DustinsDuster
11-08-2010, 02:28 PM
dig the Lasers; i always liked them more.

welcome.

Scott
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I used to have a chrome-allusion 92 laser, that was the loudest fart can I've ever heard in my life

icwicked
11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
dig the Lasers; i always liked them more.

welcome.

thanks.
ive never really heard of any laser's being fast or laser's ingeneral. just mostly talons and eclipse's.

69gt4speed
11-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Looks like a pretty damn serious car there w those mods, you ready to take on frankenstang? It's been now confirmed so far quickest dsm around these parts.

Clinical
11-08-2010, 11:37 PM
haha frankenstang is a whole different animal thats for sure.

rwd weighing so much less than a dsm, makes for a nasty ride

icwicked
11-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Looks like a pretty damn serious car there w those mods, you ready to take on frankenstang? It's been now confirmed so far quickest dsm around these parts.

nope, i saw his homemade videos before he went to the track and it didnt look that fast. he must of did some tuning or something. but hes way faster then me. Props to him!

i got a few more parts put in since my 11.21 pass. i sould see 10's easy. prolly no faster then mid 10's. good enough for me. unless something happens or i get bored. then ill go up a 100hp or so. only time will tell

85XR7Project
11-09-2010, 06:03 AM
He's running 9's

icwicked
11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
He's running 9's

yup i saw that. thats awesome

FiFdYnUtZ
11-09-2010, 07:21 PM

nope, i saw his homemade videos before he went to the track and it didnt look that fast. he must of did some tuning or something. but hes way faster then me. Props to him!

i got a few more parts put in since my 11.21 pass. i sould see 10's easy. prolly no faster then mid 10's. good enough for me. unless something happens or i get bored. then ill go up a 100hp or so. only time will tell

thats what george thought back in the day lol..

icwicked
11-09-2010, 07:26 PM
which part?

Drifte
11-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Probably the 10's or the additional 100hp. Where's the engine bay pics?

icwicked
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
i dont have any at this time... ill take some tomorrow.

AutoMods
11-10-2010, 11:22 AM
what mods have you done since the 11.2 pass? Trap speed is pretty good and you said it wasn't a clean pass so 10's might be in store for you.

Of course everyone likes to see proof of it and not internet racing so your going to get doubters. you actually might lose a few mph with 4 bias slicks if you were on radials before. if you were spinning though it the slicks should net you a better time overall. but your awd so if you weren't spinning much it could hurt your time but probably not.

icwicked
11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
i posted a timeslip on the first page where i put the time. As for mods since the track: slicks, ksport suspension and fix the boost leak i had. With the radials i dont think i spun that much at all. it felt way better then the street. And i also got out of it after 4th and still had plenty of track left. So i guess i changed my rev limit a little bit as well.

Pics that were requested
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/motor2.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/motor.jpg

TbTalon94
11-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Man that intake manifold is old school!

Clinical
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
i see some junk ass wheels in the background!! haha

Ricky
11-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Thats because he didn't know how to drive launch AWD right....

icwicked
11-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Man that intake manifold is old school!

its a Venom

FiFdYnUtZ
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM

pretty sure i watched that car decimate damn near everything on the street with full blown 2 step launches fine, on cold pavement...theres probably a difference between launching a car that traps 100mph vs 140.....
Thats because he didn't know how to drive launch AWD right....

FiFdYnUtZ
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
oh and mamamia, just noticed you deleted me off facebook LMAO, did someone get butt hurt from a few TRUTHFUL comments? get a fucking lane.

Clinical
11-10-2010, 05:53 PM
lol dude I just hate drama and the bullshit.
If people spew shit or show they don't have any respect or are complete assholes I'll write them off and toss them. I'm past the high school bullshit where its tolerated and left to linger. Why do I want to be listed as 'friends' with people who have no respect, throw around insults and shit?

Looks like you're the one still upset about something, bringing it back up again. You still butthurt that I sold a car you liked and got something you don't like? Truthful comments my ass, more like a bunch of shit spewed just to stir the shit kettle since you don't agree with choices I made with my money/vehicles.
Basically right along what Justin said in the other thread

its ok, we all know that if you dont drive a domestic then youre not cool becuase you like something different then most everyone on here. :roll:

What's the get a lane about? I don't go throwing around challenges/demeaning other people's rides. I just race for fun, i hate people that stir shit and talk shit. Seriously, find something else to do. The only person I've ever even really shit talked too is Derrek, but that's a line we all know to well.

I don't know what is with your attitude towards me anyway. I guess you're just bored since you haven't been getting into it with Derrek or someone lately and me not liking what you liked tripped your trigger.
It's bad enough you have to start tossing shit in someone else's thread like this which'll just derail it into a shit storm. Real classy.

oVa-Boost
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
to not ruin the thread sweet dsm

icwicked
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
haha thanks

Domestic Disturbance
11-10-2010, 06:35 PM
I find this all quite hilarious, so I'll add this.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh221/DD2000SS/SIN%20Performance/DSCN0004.jpg

BTW, both of these dsm's would rape me haha.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
If people spew shit or show they don't have any respect or are complete assholes I'll write them off and toss them. I'm past the high school bullshit where its tolerated and left to linger. Why do I want to be listed as 'friends' with people who have no respect, throw around insults and shit?

Looks like you're the one still upset about something, bringing it back up again. You still butthurt that I sold a car you liked and got something you don't like? Truthful comments my ass, more like a bunch of shit spewed just to stir the shit kettle since you don't agree with choices I made with my money/vehicles.

its ok, we all know that if you dont drive a domestic then youre not cool becuase you like something different then most everyone on here. :roll:

What's the get a lane about? I don't go throwing around challenges/demeaning other people's rides. I just race for fun, i hate people that stir shit and talk shit. Seriously, find something else to do. The only person I've ever even really shit talked too is Derrek, but that's a line we all know to well.

I don't know what is with your attitude towards me anyway. I guess you're just bored since you haven't been getting into it with Derrek or someone lately and me not liking what you liked tripped your trigger.
It's bad enough you have to start tossing shit in someone else's thread like this which'll just derail it into a shit storm. Real classy.

easy killer, by now you should be fully aware that i dont really give a fuck...now that we have that established let me begin by reiterating that i didnt really like the camaro either, just liked the IDEA of you using your head and wanting to go fast reliably, i made a few posts about it and that was it. Definitely not upset, definitely dont give a shit, and DEFINITELY have ruined more threads then i can count and still find myself rather classy ;) and the get a lane means GET A FUCKING LANE...

and now that im done being an asshole, sorry OP...and mamamia pizza pie'a just relax and let it go im just having a little fall fun messing with ya i was pretty impressed with the numbers you put up and im glad your happy with the car, now pull the broken timing belt outta your ass and forget it haha..

Clinical
11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
:roll:

Anyways. icwicked's car is slow and gets beat by 1.5 civic hatches

oVa-Boost
11-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I thought it got waxed by geo's

icwicked
11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
i get beat by everything :(

oVa-Boost
11-10-2010, 10:35 PM

easy killer, by now you should be fully aware that i dont really give a fuck...now that we have that established let me begin by reiterating that i didnt really like the camaro either, just liked the IDEA of you using your head and wanting to go fast reliably, i made a few posts about it and that was it. Definitely not upset, definitely dont give a shit, and DEFINITELY have ruined more threads then i can count and still find myself rather classy ;) and the get a lane means GET A FUCKING LANE...

and now that im done being an asshole, sorry OP...and mamamia pizza pie'a just relax and let it go im just having a little fall fun messing with ya i was pretty impressed with the numbers you put up and im glad your happy with the car, now pull the broken timing belt outta your ass and forget it haha..

lol mamamia pizza in CR got Robbed today i saw it on the news

icwicked
11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
that would be andrew

69gt4speed
11-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Lol u guys...... sh-t I drive fords.. mostly stangs so talk about a underachiever w a poor attitude because I'm old as dirt and found on road dead. Let's now talk about that, we have any time left till 4" of snow? Maybe next weekend so somebody want to run the 2011? w vid? Utube keeps bugging me no new vid everytime I sign on and the truth is the 03 gt vs the 06 gto is most popular, everybody gets their butt hurt cause a sprayed 03 gt stang beat a bone stock 6.0 gto... well fk isn't rocket science. I just wish he didn't put that song in there otherwise I would have made a few $ already w it.

AutoMods
11-13-2010, 12:16 AM
rob give us a link to that video?

icwicked
11-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Lol u guys...... sh-t I drive fords.. mostly stangs so talk about a underachiever w a poor attitude because I'm old as dirt and found on road dead. Let's now talk about that, we have any time left till 4" of snow? Maybe next weekend so somebody want to run the 2011? w vid? Utube keeps bugging me no new vid everytime I sign on and the truth is the 03 gt vs the 06 gto is most popular, everybody gets their butt hurt cause a sprayed 03 gt stang beat a bone stock 6.0 gto... well fk isn't rocket science. I just wish he didn't put that song in there otherwise I would have made a few $ already w it.

i would race but i dont have my new clutch in(old one slips) and plus the state wont let me drive until Jan. 11th

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2010, 09:30 AM
^ ha, i cant until may 11th..

Clinical
11-13-2010, 09:32 AM

i would race but i dont have my new clutch in(old one slips) and plus the state wont let me drive until Jan. 11th
so you're for sure gettin outa that ticket from the other night?

At least it's still in time for summer!

icwicked
11-13-2010, 12:37 PM

haha sucker

so you're for sure gettin outa that ticket from the other night?

idk.. i went and got my work permit paper work and court isnt until the 30th. so if i dont win it it will either b april or july 11th :( and then i would b the sucker.. haha

FiFdYnUtZ
11-13-2010, 02:03 PM
better start planning on july if your dealing with the DOT..trust me.

icwicked
11-13-2010, 05:19 PM
better start planning on july if your dealing with the DOT..trust me.

ya i have lost it before and two other times but fought it and won the other two times. i just gotta beat this ticket and ill have it back on Jan 11th. the whole reason y i bought another tahoe, so i can get through the snow and plus i wanted another one too.

sparkles
11-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Laser's are the shit

http://jalopnik.com/296722/darth-vader- ... in-a-laser (http://jalopnik.com/296722/darth-vader-wants-to-put-you-in-a-laser)

Clinical
11-13-2010, 07:35 PM
You know, when I see those I always want to think of the Starions / Conquests.

Man I would love a Starion/Conquest as a daily driver.
Their cloth interiors are SO god damn comfortable.

sparkles
11-13-2010, 07:36 PM
I think the front almost looks like the pre 86 Mustangs

Deimos
11-13-2010, 08:30 PM
dude that hangs with the twins owns one that he is doing a SBC turbo swap. Last I kbew he works at the funiture row, go ask him if its for sale.

icwicked
11-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Laser's are the shit

http://jalopnik.com/296722/darth-vader- ... in-a-laser (http://jalopnik.com/296722/darth-vader-wants-to-put-you-in-a-laser)

haha wow nice fine

DustinsDuster
11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
thats the old FWD Laser; Chrysler's version of the Dodge Daytona.

ZacFields
11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
haha.... they were advertising 8.8% financing on cars back then. WOW.

These days the only thing they bother mentioning is 0% financing in the commercials. Very cool old commercial. Good find.

Domestic Disturbance
11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
dude that hangs with the twins owns one that he is doing a SBC turbo swap. Last I kbew he works at the funiture row, go ask him if its for sale.
A starion? Is it an older guy?

Deimos
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Yep mustache, use to deliver pizza for cedar rapids pizza co and use to go to the races back when my camaro actually ran.

Domestic Disturbance
11-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Ya, I ran into him at the advance car show one day and he's a talker! Sounds like a cool project though

Deimos
11-14-2010, 09:13 PM
times like that I am glad I don't have a hot rod.

icwicked
11-20-2010, 10:26 PM
heres my act 2600 clutch
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/photo-1.jpg

icwicked
01-19-2011, 12:37 AM
well it looks like im going to be upgrading a couple things and going for a little more hp
44mm tail wastegate is the first thing to come in
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/_DSC0001-1.jpg

Ricky
01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
A starion? Is it an older guy?

My two room mates work at furniture row. What is the guys name?

icwicked
01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
got another part in yesterday
Borg Warner S366
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/_DSC0007-2.jpg

oVa-Boost
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
thats one small turbo

icwicked
01-27-2011, 08:39 PM
i know.. its all i could afford :(

oVa-Boost
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
:( lol do you still have your old turbo? or is it the same turbo just rebuilt

TbTalon94
01-28-2011, 06:45 AM
Do you have a twin scroll exhaust manifold?

sparkles
01-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Someone likes cherries....

Drifte
01-28-2011, 09:22 AM
If not maybe put in a spool valve dingle. er wait, maybe its open turbo twinscroll manifold for that.

Clinical
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Cherry Dr Pepper... the fiend that ruined my pop-free lifestyle of about a year

sparkles
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Cherry Dr. Pepper...ruining pop free lifestyles since 2009 :supz:

Deimos
01-28-2011, 06:44 PM
diet dr pepper cherry is the shit

icwicked
01-28-2011, 09:20 PM
:( lol do you still have your old turbo? or is it the same turbo just rebuilt
i still have it. its on the car right now.

that i do not. im going to be buying the manifold from Trent at Rev Hard. i think its the same one he had on his Talon when he had 730awhp

that i do. Cherry Dr. Pepper is the shit

AutoMods
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
thats a big boy, 66mm on a 2.0L . you must plan on laying the smack down

i was guessing trent may have recommended that turbo to you because he ran one a while back. when is that suppose to hit full boost? 5500+ ?

slow ride
01-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Better have some good valvetrain parts and a trans that shifts at 9500+. Lots of work getting a setup like that working well. Good luck with it though.

icwicked
01-28-2011, 10:35 PM
thats a big boy, 66mm on a 2.0L . you must plan on laying the smack down

i was guessing trent may have recommended that turbo to you because he ran one a while back. when is that suppose to hit full boost? 5500+ ?
im just trying to keep up with u! haha ya trent told me to get this turbo. im only going up 80hp or so.. 577awhp seems so slow. im not sure on the boost but ill let u know when i get to drive it.

Better have some good valvetrain parts and a trans that shifts at 9500+. Lots of work getting a setup like that working well. Good luck with it though.
the trans is built pretty good. trent was going through tranny's when he was at a high hp so that scares me for going any higher then 650ish. But we shall see what happens

slow ride
01-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Torque breaks the parts, hp screws up the synchros from trying to shift at high rpm. Dog box is the only way to run a high hp dsm and keep it together for a long time. Well that and the xfer case and driveshaft upgrade.

Jappbox
01-29-2011, 07:16 AM
you mean to tell me your puttinga 66mm turbo on and only going for 650whp? umm a normal 35R will do that and youll keep the 1500 extra RPM. even a 6262 would make 700whp and spool way better than that borg warner, that thing is old school. now granted thats if your intercooler and other parts are qualitly and large enough to make the extra power easy.

icwicked
01-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Torque breaks the parts, hp screws up the synchros from trying to shift at high rpm. Dog box is the only way to run a high hp dsm and keep it together for a long time. Well that and the xfer case and driveshaft upgrade.
i guess we will see what happens. might have to upgrade a couple more things if what i have doesnt work

you mean to tell me your puttinga 66mm turbo on and only going for 650whp? umm a normal 35R will do that and youll keep the 1500 extra RPM. even a 6262 would make 700whp and spool way better than that borg warner, that thing is old school. now granted thats if your intercooler and other parts are qualitly and large enough to make the extra power easy.
i got this turbo on a really good deal and after selling my old stuff im only paying a few hundred bucks to upgrade. i would like to run a higher hp but i really dont wanna start replacing or upgrading parts. i almost got the 6262 but everyone talk me out of it. but i pick this turbo up for 750 shipped and its brand new.

slow ride
01-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Best thing you can do is make your power up top keeping torque down, spin the engine high, run a bias ply slick type tire, make the car light and use a light weight single or twin disk clutch to keep the load off the syncros so it shifts fast at high rpm.

FiFdYnUtZ
01-29-2011, 10:17 AM
kinda sounds to me that you arent going to be ready for this big of a turbo...

icwicked
01-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Best thing you can do is make your power up top keeping torque down, spin the engine high, run a bias ply slick type tire, make the car light and use a light weight single or twin disk clutch to keep the load off the syncros so it shifts fast at high rpm.
thanks for the info man. i have a quarter master twin disc in there now. i havent even put 8 miles on the car since it was put in. and all fluids replaced and gaskets from the head up. and put some L19 head studs as well. i do plan to keep all the interior with a cage. im actully trying to get the leather black and tan interior. i do have slicks but not sure if its the same type that u recommended. but u do know a lot more about these cars then i do. so thanks for your advice man.

kinda sounds to me that you arent going to be ready for this big of a turbo...
i just got it so i could move up some hp. didnt really plan to go all out. i tend to not keep cars that long so im not thinking for the long run i guess. but i also like to have good parts.

slow ride
01-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd say your doing good already for guys around here. I know some of the videos make it look like everyone can go 10's, 9's, etc in a dsm with ease, but it takes a lot of effort for sure and a well sorted combo. I never went as fast as your car back in the day as I never ran my old car much after it's 16g glory days, but most of the old school guys I know of have and it wasn't easy.

Not sure what you have for slicks (I'd guess a MT 24.6" or a QTP 26" ) but stuff like that (soft sidewall) will work and absorbe some of the driveline torque spikes. Just squeeze it out of the hole soft if possible and mph it out the big end. It would be best if you can get the car under 3k lbs with driver or at least close (the less the better). If you ever have any problems let me know if I can offer some advice.

EDIT Just noticed all your stuff on the first page and most looks good. I'd say if you don't drive it a ton on the street a welded diff might help out some and distribute some more of the driving force and keep the delay low as the viscous has to heat up to grab.

icwicked
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
thanks man. if u ever wanan come down i can take you for a ride or if i come up that way. i have M&H 24.5. but my fenders hit the tires from being on the street and they kinda went like string chesse haha. they r still use able but jus thave a little bit taken off the edge. the car weighs 3140 with me in it and a full tank of E85. and at the track i had to let out after 4th. my rev limit wasnt set high enough and i couldnt just bang it out the rest of the track since i had plenty of track left. When this season starts im going to try and get it more log in. and thanks again

Drifte
01-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I think you and slow4cyl (550 ish HP) would be a good race. He just runs a small 35r but he knows how to build his motors. Unfortunately last year his twin disc and trans rebuild from slowride allowed him a top of 3rd to 2nd shift and sent the engine through some 11krpm abuse. Hopefully its back on the road this spring though.

icwicked
01-29-2011, 02:11 PM
ya i would love to race him. and that sucks about his shift mistake. that would have to suck. seems like most people on here are pretty kool about things and are not douche bags. I like that

oVa-Boost
01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
your car would be a good money maker just looks like a beater car i like that

icwicked
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
thanks man. i think im going to give it a new paint job after i get it back from the upgrades. since around here everyone knows the car and wont race.

Drifte
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Yea a real sleeper would be an obnoxious body kit with some graphics and a giant spoiler.

allgo
01-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Bring it here you will be able to find some cars fo show

icwicked
01-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Yea a real sleeper would be an obnoxious body kit with some graphics and a giant spoiler.
haha i wouldnt feel right getting into the car if it had that on it :Hangman:

wheres here? CR?

once it warms up the we plan on making some road trips to meet up with some people

oVa-Boost
01-29-2011, 07:40 PM
i may have to take the road trip to cr as well

icwicked
01-29-2011, 07:42 PM
where do u live?

oVa-Boost
01-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Tama

icwicked
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
i know where that is

AutoMods
01-29-2011, 08:46 PM
ova-boost, what is your real name and do you know brent?

allgo
01-29-2011, 09:12 PM

here is cedar rapids....

icwicked
01-29-2011, 10:25 PM
What kinda car do u have? Allgo

oVa-Boost
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
ova-boost, what is your real name and do you know brent?

My real name Jose and I do know slo4cyl and i also know Chris has a blue 92 talon doing about same setup as slo4 you might know him as well i believe he bought some parts from your store

AutoMods
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
allgo has a built b16. i wouldn't put any money on it but you should race him

AutoMods
01-29-2011, 10:46 PM
ohh yea and it has a ysi supercharger on it

allgo
01-29-2011, 10:49 PM
What kinda car do u have? Allgo
A turd vette..it would be a good race..

icwicked
01-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Turd huh? Must b nice then haha

icwicked
02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
since i bought slicks and put them on my wheels i bought with the radials. i have 4 unused radials just sitting there so i thought i would buy some wheels for them.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/_DSC0003-2.jpg

FiFdYnUtZ
02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Shoulda considered some body/paint work first don't ya think? nice lookin wheels tho

Clinical
02-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I think he's already got the paint covered

FiFdYnUtZ
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Looks like it

Ricky
02-05-2011, 08:23 PM
those are the same wheels i run on my WRX

icwicked
02-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Shoulda considered some body/paint work first don't ya think? nice lookin wheels tho

after i get my car back from rev hard it will go to a friends shop and ill start working on gettin it painted and doing to body work. im also waiting to get this interior too. so i can knock it all out at the same time. i hope it all looks good when im done. im going to do black again and a trim bronze or tan. and im goign to do all 3 set of wheels too

those are the same wheels i run on my WRX

kool. i wanted the 7 spoke ones but they were out for a month or two. so i got these. i should have the tires on this week or next. no hurry since i cant drive til april.

Drifte
02-06-2011, 09:26 AM
^I think thats the same prob Eric had!

icwicked
03-03-2011, 10:17 PM
well since the site changed over i havent been able to sign in. But finally got it. but i put the wheels i bought on the car and took a couple pics.. the car is dirty from sittin in the garage for the past 5-6 months
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0009-1.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0011-1.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0014-2.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0013-1.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0015.jpg

oVa-Boost
03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
they look nice just gotta get a paint job

icwicked
03-05-2011, 08:57 AM
true that. the winter and the lack of not having a license has been holdin me back

icwicked
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Been awhile since ive posted. Car made 669.9awhp 530ft lbs. Change the fuel system from the 2 pumps to one Magnafuel 750 series, ungraded the injectors to 1750cc, aem fuel rail and a trick n flow fuel filter. Also put a tranny cooler with pump. Im just waiting for a opening so i can get my 8-point cage installed by T-Fab. And ive also sanded the car down some and did a little bit of body work. here are some pics.
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/magnafuelpump.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/motor3.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0004-3.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0006-3.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/_DSC0002-5.jpg
as the car sits right now
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/_DSC00052.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/_DSC0014-2.jpg

icwicked
05-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Link to dyno pull
http://www.streetfire.net/video/todd-drahfal-plymouth-laser_2245635.htm

AutoMods
05-01-2011, 09:01 PM
congrats, thats a big number. can you post the dyno graph? how much boost and what kind of ignition setup do you have?

c_mart_28
05-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Yikes I bet that thing feels ridiculous..

Good job, I hope to see it out at the track. Will it be all together for the streetcar shootout?

FiFdYnUtZ
05-01-2011, 09:27 PM
engine bay looks clean! nice numbers man!

Clinical
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Can't wait to see it on the street this summer, especially with paint!
Glad we were able to pick it up no major troubles, and glad I got to eat some dairreh inducing food on the trip haha.

congrats, thats a big number. can you post the dyno graph? how much boost and what kind of ignition setup do you have?
I'm sure he'll get the dyno up soon enough and his boost. I know his boost was at 32psi, not sure what it's at now.
However as for ignition its all factory yet, no COP or anything. Running on DSMLink

oVa-Boost
05-01-2011, 11:25 PM
looks like how my car used to lol.. Looking GOOD tho!! looking forward to see it sometime

icwicked
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
thanks guys..
ill have to take a pic of the dyno graph... ya all stock ingnition, prolly should upgrade something next year.
i was at 577 @ 32psi with the hx 40.. now im at 30 psi on the BW s366
Whens the shootout?
right now everything but the cage/interior and outside paint are the only things left. im also getting taller slicks

oVa-Boost
05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
june 18th i believe is the shootout

icwicked
05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Dyno chart
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj298/icwicked/Cars/dynochart.jpg

icwicked
05-01-2011, 11:48 PM
june 18th i believe is the shootout

ya i should be ready by then

TbTalon94
05-02-2011, 06:17 AM
lol holy laggy turbo.

c_mart_28
05-02-2011, 06:19 AM
ya i should be ready by then

Glad to hear it!

What fuel was this power made on? If you say 91 you're getting punched right square in the face :)

icwicked
05-02-2011, 09:12 AM
lol holy laggy turbo.

ya tell me about it. ive only drove it a couple blocks and theres no boost in 1st and it started to build in 2nd but i ran out of block :(

Glad to hear it!

What fuel was this power made on? If you say 91 you're getting punched right square in the face :)

haha well it looks like i dont get a punch in the face.. E85 FTW

icwicked
05-02-2011, 09:16 AM
btw C_mart what do u have? i search to see if u posted but nope

c_mart_28
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
btw C_mart what do u have? i search to see if u posted but nope

Run of the mill '03 Cobra. E85 also.

Made right around what your car makes for power, little more torque of course. (672/715)

icwicked
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
oh wow nice man.. what town do you live in? what do ur 1/4 mile slips look like? i would love to check ur car out sometime.
i gotta get use to this new setup so i hope to have the interior/cage in soon so i can get some seat time.

c_mart_28
05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I live in Des Moines/Urbandale. The car will be at CFR hopefully multiple times this year..for sure at the shootout.

Meh..best 1/4 mile so far is 10.52@132. I do have a 6.64@105 1/8th mile slip from Eddyville however that should have ran out to somewhere in the lower 10.3x's...

My best 1/8th mile time was in like August too. I'm hoping to take advantage of some of this decent DA to sneak closer to the 9's at some point.

icwicked
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
when i ran my 11.21 @ 130 i had a boost leak and my rev limit wasnt up high enough and i had to let out before the track was over with. so im sure with slicks, 100 extra hp and higher rev limit i should hit 10's easy.
All i wanted was 10.9 and i would of been happy. But we will see what happens now

slo4cyl
05-02-2011, 03:49 PM
when i ran my 11.21 @ 130 i had a boost leak and my rev limit wasnt up high enough and i had to let out before the track was over with. so im sure with slicks, 100 extra hp and higher rev limit i should hit 10's easy.
All i wanted was 10.9 and i would of been happy. But we will see what happens now

That should happen for you this year, hopefully faster!

c_mart_28
05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Gosh I have to think a 10.9 will be a gimme for you this time around..

Have an effective 2-step/anti-lag setup? Probably will make or or break your track visits i'd guess..

slow ride
05-02-2011, 04:37 PM
That and spinning the engine high enough to still be in the powerband for the next gear up. As long as the transmission will shift that high. Keep the clutch disk light (twin or solid hub single)

icwicked
05-02-2011, 06:42 PM
That should happen for you this year, hopefully faster!
ya for sure

Gosh I have to think a 10.9 will be a gimme for you this time around..

Have an effective 2-step/anti-lag setup? Probably will make or or break your track visits i'd guess..
ya i have a good 2 step.. i havent done anything driving time yet until wednesday-thursday when i get the clutch fork fix

That and spinning the engine high enough to still be in the powerband for the next gear up. As long as the transmission will shift that high. Keep the clutch disk light (twin or solid hub single)
ya i hope it should. havent had much driving time with the twin disc but what i did drive with it i like it and it says u can shift faster wit hthe twin disc so that should help out.

Try and get most of the things dialed in before i hit the track next. its almost like learning how to drive the car again

JacobS
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
saw the dyno vid on trents facebook, sounds good! keep up the good work!

icwicked
05-03-2011, 12:12 AM
hey thanks man