PDA

View Full Version : torrent sites

Scott
10-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone in here use torrent sites to download music? Im pretty much computer stupid when it comes to this stuff so I need someone to explain to me what I need to download and what web-sites, everything.. Thanks

AutoMods
10-31-2010, 02:29 PM
you can get viruses from those places if your not careful. i'm not up to date on which ones are good, i just use itunes now.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I use Demonoid, but you have to be invited by a current member. They closed down open enrollment about 5 years ago. There are absolutely NO viruses of any kind on Demonoid. And if you're looking for a file, they have it. If they don't, it doesn't exist.

Clinical
10-31-2010, 06:09 PM
I use Demonoid, but you have to be invited by a current member. They closed down open enrollment about 5 years ago. There are absolutely NO viruses of any kind on Demonoid. And if you're looking for a file, they have it. If they don't, it doesn't exist.
Are you on there? If so are you limited on the invites you can send? I've been looking for a place like that too.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Are you on there? If so are you limited on the invites you can send? I've been looking for a place like that too.

Yeah, I've been on there for years. I am limited to a few invites a year. I gave one of those invites to someone on this site whom will hopefully read this. He can generate (I believe) 3 of his own a year, so he should be able to help you guys out.

Ricky
10-31-2010, 09:47 PM
yep i have access. i should have some invites.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD A MOVIE OR ANYTHING THAT IS NOT RELEASED YET.
i got caught. And turn your uploads to 0 or not available.

Other then that they do have fucking everything!

Clinical
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM

I'd love an invite!

I gotta ask, what happened with the getting caught unless you'd have to kill us if we knew :bigthumb:

85XR7Project
11-01-2010, 06:27 AM
We were using Limewire but as of a few weeks ago it got shut down so we're looking for a good one as well...

SaNdMaNsSi
11-01-2010, 10:54 AM

This only holds true for Mediacom. They are pussies and bend over for the music and movie industry. I had Mcleod before Mediacom, and they never sent me a letter once. The second a movie is released, it's fair game. But if you get it early, expect a letter from Mediacom. You can ignore them 3 times before they actually shut off your internet and make you call in to say you won't do it anymore.....

Ricky
11-01-2010, 12:23 PM

This only holds true for Mediacom. They are pussies and bend over for the music and movie industry. I had Mcleod before Mediacom, and they never sent me a letter once. The second a movie is released, it's fair game. But if you get it early, expect a letter from Mediacom. You can ignore them 3 times before they actually shut off your internet and make you call in to say you won't do it anymore.....

i said i wont do it anymore and removed all programs and said movie. I only got one letter for a movie that was still in theaters. others then that i have almost all Top Gear seasons and many other things!

skipdownstairs
11-01-2010, 03:00 PM
FROSTWIRE its like how Limewire WAS... Use it all the time, awesome!!!

SaNdMaNsSi
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM

i said i wont do it anymore and removed all programs and said movie. I only got one letter for a movie that was still in theaters. others then that i have almost all Top Gear seasons and many other things!

You really just have to watch which company produces stuff....I just stay away from unreleased movies as a rule of thumb, it doesnt mean anyone is going to come down on you if you do download them. Also, when a file is finished downloading, if you just move it out of your shared folder, they can't tell you have it...Just an FYI for future use....

96-eclipse-gst
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Damn, gonna need an invite for that. Shitty you only get a few a year.

Clinical
11-09-2010, 05:43 PM
So who wants to donate an invite? :P

SaNdMaNsSi
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Damn, gonna need an invite for that. Shitty you only get a few a year.

I think I might get unlimited now since I've been on there for about a decade...the biggest problem is the people you give invites to. If they get mouthy on the message boards or get the site in trouble for any reason, the person who gave them the invite gets booted as well as all of the people that that original person gave invites to...The site is priceless and I couldn't live without it.

Domestic Disturbance
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM

hate to bring this back from the dead, but does anyone have any invites for that site?

Clinical
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah I've always wondered the same, it'd be awesome to have.
Hell i would never even be on the message boards

69gt4speed
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Scott this is what I do, I download off of like youtube which then is a video then I use dvdvideo soft suite to convert video into .mp3 audio. http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/ You can therefore be assured there are no bs viruses. Youtube I always use firefox and download helper to download the vid but that suite suppose to be able to do it directly but never tried that, just the converting. I also like vlc http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ it is super and even has a portable version for a usb stick. Plays most anything. Anyway some ideas there.

qoncept
02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
I use usenet for as much as I can. I think I pay like $10 a month for it, but it's always FAST and since I'm not sharing the risk is much lower.

SaNdMaNsSi
02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
If you were on Demonoid, you would never look at any other site for anything again in the history of the universe. Yep, it's that good.

Ricky
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
If you were on Demonoid, you would never look at any other site for anything again in the history of the universe. Yep, it's that good.
:WORSHIP:

Clinical
02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.dog-obedience-training-review.com/images/Dog-Trick-Beg.jpg

clutchmuch
02-06-2011, 09:46 PM
i use demonoid for movies and programs. but for music use ares, frostwire, or google search youtube to mp3. that works pretty good too.

Domestic Disturbance
02-07-2011, 08:02 PM
joiks

clutchmuch
02-21-2011, 01:39 AM
DEMONOID CODES:

stupdfruityswagXy7pzaq9yqptnusym9dhgu5zx83v3i
stupdfruityswagXe7g1j1zxs8ylfar299s8970zqos
stupdfruityswagXqbv1alfy9daau2m11kew213f1l5uq
stupdfruityswagXi6ry9268ie4oxlnr1jlzs00j5l4eg
stupdfruityswagXzvqlis91s3dl5a13s1b15qgpn0zmd

Scott
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Well btjunkie that I have been using is aparently closed down, I was hoping someone on here had some working demonoid codes or invites so I can get on there. That would be awesome! Thanks