PDA

View Full Version : STOCK PISTONS AND RODS DSM INTO 9'S

Clinical
10-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Figured some others might enjoy this if they haven't seen it already
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWVBPSh ... _embedded# (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWVBPShSXs&feature=player_embedded#)!

85XR7Project
10-25-2010, 05:48 AM
I find myself wanting a DSM more and more each day. I don't know shit about em either....

allgo
10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Impressive..but its stock block not stock motor..Hell my cobra is a stock block..

TbTalon94
10-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Yea stock block, has cams in the head, head gasket and studs.

Pretty impressive though the oil pan has never been off the car. Stock block with decent miles on it. Old CAST pieces in the block going 9's. Not to shabby.

Clinical
10-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Edited the title to make people feel better, I knew it had cams and such - just figured the point would go across :P

slow ride
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
The shotrblock has stock rods/crank/pistons. Just like if you pulled it from a boneyard and bolted on everything around it. Mike is a old school dsmer and has been running the car for some time. I think he had a problem with a built shortblock last year and just tossed in the stock short to get by with. Torque kills the stock rods so if you run a big enough turbo and make power up high the torque will come in softer and later in the powerband keeping things together. Aside from the drivetrain problems DSM's have the 4g63 is a very nice engine.

allgo
10-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Edited the title to make people feel better, I knew it had cams and such - just figured the point would go across :P

My point was it isnt a stock motor..not a big deal but thats like me saying went 8.47 with a stock cobra motor..its stock block and heads...

DustinsDuster
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
stock shortblock. i dont want to argue with anyone about it, just my opinion.

AutoMods
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
video makes it look easy but after about low 11's you have to start pulling out all stops to go faster with a manual awd. that guy was running 40psi. i'm sure he had to fight through ignition, tranny, tuning issues. probably has a good head on there. may have had stock lower end but probably every other mod in the book.

Scott
10-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Tic toc tic toc...

OldSkoolRCR
10-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I got a stock block/stock cu in 9sec car also :yawinkle: ....Scotty said it best Tic Toc!!!! well see whos runs 9s longer.

OldSkoolRCR
10-25-2010, 08:22 PM
The shotrblock has stock rods/crank/pistons. Just like if you pulled it from a boneyard and bolted on everything around it. Mike is a old school dsmer and has been running the car for some time. I think he had a problem with a built shortblock last year and just tossed in the stock short to get by with. Torque kills the stock rods so if you run a big enough turbo and make power up high the torque will come in softer and later in the powerband keeping things together. Aside from the drivetrain problems DSM's have the 4g63 is a very nice engine.

Dam!!! Ed do I sense a soft spot, might have to give up that nice Vette and get a DSM back :)

OldSkoolRCR
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
I find myself wanting a DSM more and more each day. I don't know shit about em either....

Your better off investing 20K+ of your hard earned money in snowballs :banghead:

slow ride
10-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Na, just if I had to have a turbo 4 it would be a 4g63. Juat like anything else when you double the power things wear out faster so it's better to start out with more power right:)

Drifte
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Mike's running the FIC 1680's I've been trying to get everyone else to run...pay attention Brent.

Ricky
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Mike's running the FIC 1680's I've been trying to get everyone else to run...pay attention Brent.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/furious.gif