PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever eaten somr beaver?

sLoWnStEaDy
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Don't be a perv! :bigthumb:

Seriously, has anyone ever tried beaver? I have been hunting a lot lately and I am seeing more beaver than anything. They are destroying the little forest down by the creek that usually hold a pretty decent amount of deer but the forest is pretty dang thin now and we have yet to see a single deer down there this year.

Point being, I am going to kill all the fuckin' beaver but I am not one to just kill something and let it go to waste. therefore, I am going eat it. Just curious if anyone has tried it before and/or if anyone would be interested in giving it a try.

I have found a few recipes and just for shits and giggles, I am going to make some beaver jerkey too. The taste is said to be just like roast pork or venison, depending on what part of the beaver you eating and how you prepare it.

I know what you're thinking but seriously... think about ANY meat that we eat. Who was the first person to look at a pig rolling around in shit and say "damn, I bet that would taste GREAT!"? Probably no one but at some point, someone killed a pig and found out it was delicious so..... who knows.

warchild145
10-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I have heard of people who trap them for the hide that eat them as well. Would think they would be kind of fatty but anythings worth a try.

No different then people eating opossum, coon, armadillo, groundhogs, etc. Just dont usually hear about it like you do with people eating deer, turkey, geese, etc.

Report back with your results. I'm also game for trying something new and heck even filling the empty spots in the freezer.

Clinical
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I have heard of people who trap them for the hide that eat them as well. Would think they would be kind of fatty but anythings worth a try.

No different then people eating opossum, coon, armadillo, groundhogs, etc. Just dont usually hear about it like you do with people eating deer, turkey, geese, etc.

Report back with your results. I'm also game for trying something new and heck even filling the empty spots in the freezer.
This

I've eaten bever, and it just tastes like coon.

A bit different, but not much.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Of course... the day I go with the intentions of killing some beaver, they are nowhere to be found. Literally, every single day for the last 5-6 days, they have been in the exact same spot...

Seen about 30-40 turkey and 4 deer but all on someone else land. We ended up getting permission to hunt both properties and, of course, we got back to the fields and there was nothing to be seen...

skipdownstairs
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I ate it once at a party they were deep fryn it... amongst other things i ate that night it wasn't 2 bad.