PDA

View Full Version : WTB Cheap Reliable 4cyl Winter Car, no RWD

Clinical
10-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Not for me, for my mom (i think I've posted this the last two winters)
Every winter she gets some money and wants me to find her a new car, first winter she still had her prizm and ended up getting it fixed.

Last winter she got laid off so didn't need a car anymore since she could make do with the lincoln + the geo broke again during the spring and was junked.

Now though she's trying to find a car again as her only car is a really big ass lincoln from the early 90's.. It's in immaculate shape but where she lives the snowplows are slow to get to, and that thing handles horrible.

Max she's looking to spend is 1k

I may just sell her the civic and find myself something else assuming the laser is DD'able if I can't find anything else for her before the snow hits.

Preferably looking for something reliable and easy to work on.
She loves 1g DSM's, even though she doesn't know what a DSM really is, she points out any 1g she sees. She used to have my teal laser that I got from her and fixed for my first car.

Only requirements are that heat work, at least has a stereo(can be shitty), no major mechanical issues, FWD or 4wd/AWD. She prefers a manual.

Just let me know if you have anything, and if you can post a pic please do and I'll forward it to her.

96-eclipse-gst
10-19-2010, 09:47 PM
How cheap are you talking? I mean are you looking for something like $500 and under or $2000 and under. More definitive price range might help.

Clinical
10-19-2010, 10:03 PM
I put in the post that not looking to spend more than 1k, she just doesn't care enough about cars to spend more on them. Every car she's ever had has been under 1k and usually last her 3-5 years.

$500-1k
depending on condition

85XR7Project
10-20-2010, 04:19 AM
Give it a week you could sell her your Civic and get something new. You'd probably sell it anyway.

Clinical
10-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Give it a week you could sell her your Civic and get something new. You'd probably sell it anyway.
Isn't about me but of course someone would bring me into it hahaha

The only way I'd sell the civic is if I for sure would get good profit out of it. I have like $950 into it (including purchase price) after replacing the axle and front cv shafts.

I'll only sell it to my mom for 1k as a last resort if I can't find anything, but I'm sure I'll find something. Think I may of already.