PDA

View Full Version : lol...

Clinical
10-14-2010, 11:59 PM
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2006171816.html

My talons for sale already..
im guessing he got a new motor put in, not sure why it wouldnt be running

anyway, someone should loan me 3700..

I'd love to just put everything from this laser into that car, even though the laser has some shit wrong. Not to mention that the talon has some shit I'd love to have in the laser.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-15-2010, 04:22 AM
I wish I had something to trade the guy...

I have been in love with that car since the first time I laid eyes on it....

85XR7Project
10-15-2010, 05:52 AM
That car made me like DSMs. Thats a big deal.

Clinical
10-15-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm seriously trying to get a buddy to go get it whose been looking for a DSM.
The only serious issue that would need fixed is the 1-2nd shift fork. And I have the shift fork + double synchro for 1-2 brand new.

There are other issues too, needs springs, needs more solid motor mounts (it eats the stock ones within 1-2 months. Clutch pedal has a lot of play. Adjustment rod spins freely.. It's still clean as hell though.

Drifte
10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I already bought it back

Ricky
10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I already bought it back
:CALLBS:

Clinical
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd be mad pysched if you got it back!

Do it!

I swear, if I had known the kid was going to be selling it.. I wouldn't of bought the laser.. I'd already be heading up there with a trailer and bringing it back! Although I bet he'd be pissed, since I think he blames me for problems he's having.. But it was in great running shape when I sold it, very drivable and pretty quick!

Drifte
10-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Yea im jk, I'd like to but not happening.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-15-2010, 10:49 AM
wait... you bought another DSM? WTF man?

so, you had the nicest 1G I have ever seen, sold it, bought a Camaro, sold it and then bought another DSM? I go through cars like crazy too but I couldn't see getting rid of something that nice only to end up with the same basic car just probably no even 1/10 as nice...

That car gives me wood....

Clinical
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I didn't think I'd be back to DSM's.
Was only after I didnt own one I realized how much I missed my car, although I just wanted to get back into a turbo 4banger - but my ideal car is still the DSM world.

If I had known the car was going for sale especially that price, I'd buy it back - despite the fact it does need a good deal of attention in certain places.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I didn't think I'd be back to DSM's.
Was only after I didnt own one I realized how much I missed my car, although I just wanted to get back into a turbo 4banger - but my ideal car is still the DSM world.

werd... I still REALLY miss my '90 TSI/AWD, I sold it to "Brently" (I think) on here for way too littler. Just needed a seal and I already had it almost done when I sold it... :(

Clinical
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
They're addicting.

Piss you off and drive you nuts when they're not working or broken, then you get em running good and they put a big grin on your face!

sLoWnStEaDy
10-15-2010, 01:00 PM
They're addicting.

Piss you off and drive you nuts when they're not working or broken, then you get em running good and they put a big grin on your face!

mine never had a single issue, until that little seal went out. $5/2-3 hr job... I just didn't want to mess with it because I had already gotten a new car.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Just talked to guy... Working on trading it for the RX7... We'll see...

he said the timing belt broke on the new motor so, not sure why I would trade it for the RX7 but I love it and I want it so...

Sleeping
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM

he said the timing belt broke on the new motor so, not sure why I would trade it for the RX7 but I love it and I want it so...

If end up needed a cyc head for it let me know I got one for sale.

85XR7Project
10-15-2010, 04:01 PM

I love that DSM too but I think you may be getting the short end of the stick here considering he's changed shit since getting it...

DustinsDuster
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
it's times like this i hate having money saved up. i kinda wanna offer the kid like $2500 cash this weekend and see what he says....

AutoMods
10-15-2010, 05:17 PM

NO you can't trade yours, we have to race rx7's still.

Clinical
10-15-2010, 11:17 PM

They must of done something wrong, even if they reused the old timing belt it was still in decent shape and the pulleys were all brand new, I replaced them after the idler pulley got loose once.

I still can't believe he blew the motor it had.. he MUST of been doing a 5th gear pull or running shitty gas.

That tune always knocked high in 4th gear and I'm sure it'd do it in fifth. I just never went that high, it was primarily my track setup - my most aggresseive setup.

If you get it, I'll give you the parts to fix the tranny at an awesome price.

oh and if you get it, i demand that valve cover!!! haha

Luminatorz34
10-15-2010, 11:46 PM
They're addicting.

mine never had a single issue, until that little seal went out. $5/2-3 hr job... I just didn't want to mess with it because I had already gotten a new car.

didnt you have problems with people breaking into your old talon and stealing shit too...i know u were pised about that for a while

Clinical
10-15-2010, 11:57 PM
They're addicting.

didnt you have problems with people breaking into your old talon and stealing shit too...i know u were pised about that for a while
on the brightside this talon has an alarm system, although it's pathetic, haha

Man do I miss having its keyless entry too!

sLoWnStEaDy
10-16-2010, 04:07 PM
They're addicting.

on the brightside this talon has an alarm system, although it's pathetic, haha

Man do I miss having its keyless entry too!

Trade isn't going to happen. Apparently, he gutted the interior and spray painted (yes, with cans) the car flat black.
J/K

85XR7Project
10-16-2010, 05:12 PM
I think we need to kill this kid or mamamia for selling it to his stupid ass.

c_mart_28
10-16-2010, 07:00 PM
J/K
:yawinkle:

sLoWnStEaDy
10-16-2010, 07:04 PM
:yawinkle:

NO!!!! don't ruin it!!!!

Clinical
10-17-2010, 12:33 AM
i was going to rage and call the kid literally and rag him out until I saw c_mart's quote

Drifte
10-17-2010, 11:56 AM
I dont know what I missed but if someone painted my old Talon flat black... well I dont really have words for that move.

oVa-Boost
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
flat black is the ugliest color i'v seen and specially if its spray painted, but glad you guys where joking

sLoWnStEaDy
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM
flat black is the ugliest color i'v seen and specially if its spray painted

I like semi-gloss and flat black if they are done well and on the right vehicle... The '73 Mach One is going to be semi-gloss black for a while, the fox body is going to be flat black with metallic/gloss black racing stripes.

Clinical
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I dont know what I missed but if someone painted my old Talon flat black... well I dont really have words for that move.
^this

That talon is probably my favorite 1g color combo ever.

Flat black rarely appeals to me on cars, however I did see a 1ga flat blacked that looked pretty good.. but other then that I don't care for it.

240's overdo it WAY to much with the flatblack

Domestic Disturbance
10-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Flat black rarely works. I do like a well done satin black paint job though. Really depends on the car. Usually must be 70 or older IMO

http://www.hpmotorsports.se/bilder/hakan/bakgrunder/Stroker_Camaro-69_SSRS_4s.jpg

sLoWnStEaDy
10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Flat black rarely works. I do like a well done satin black paint job though. Really depends on the car. Usually must be 70 or older IMO

http://www.hpmotorsports.se/bilder/hakan/bakgrunder/Stroker_Camaro-69_SSRS_4s.jpg

FOR SURE! that's what the Mach One is getting...

sparkles
10-17-2010, 09:35 PM
That is pure sex.

Domestic Disturbance
10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
If I ever get a chevelle (har har) and its a color I don't like, it's getting satin black.

LT1Dan
10-17-2010, 10:17 PM
That is fucking gorgeous.

Clinical
10-17-2010, 10:18 PM
i came

FiFdYnUtZ
10-18-2010, 11:11 AM
thats sick! i have found that when i spray a black basecoat with either flattened clear or adhesion promotor/intercoat clear on top of it, it gives it the PERFECT protected satin finish..

snickerlicker
10-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Sorry boys that Camaro looks like shit, did he buy those mirrors at Pep Boys??

Domestic Disturbance
10-18-2010, 03:39 PM
^^^^ there's always a weirdo in the bunch :rolleyes:

Sledge_WS6
10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
There is an LS1 Fourth Gen WS6 on Z28.com that is Satin Black. Looks real good, don't have the patience to find it though.

LT1Dan
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Sorry boys that Camaro looks like shit, did he buy those mirrors at Pep Boys??

Looks better than some Foxbody... :neener:

There is an LS1 Fourth Gen WS6 on Z28.com that is Satin Black. Looks real good, don't have the patience to find it though.

You should find the pictures for that. IMO I can't see that looking good at all. I don't think the color works well for late model cars.

Sledge_WS6
10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
You should find the pictures for that. IMO I can't see that looking good at all. I don't think the color works well for late model cars.

Found this on Tech:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/paint-body-work/126868d1207768091-flat-black-2002-firebird-taflatblack.jpg

I think it would look better with a set of Chrome Deep Dish Y2Ks :D